ADVERTISEMENT

MJ Morris Commits to NCSt

A QB that NU was recruiting, obviously. Thought we had a decent chance with him at one point. But this staff recruiting recently... Yikes.

Schools backed off the last couple of months due to his lack of development, or as some would say regression in football skills. He would be an FSU commit if they allowed him to commit there.

I'm hoping Torres commits after his visit this weekend. I know he still has a few camps in June but it seems like he and Nebraska have a mutual interest in each other. It'd be nice to have the quarterback position filled earlier than waiting until later in the summer/fall.

after he was in the stands for the spring game (May 1st)?
The opinion that I have been reading most is that Torres is their number 1 target. Cooled is such an overused word. Remember when Nebraska "cooled" on the North Shore QB Dimetrius Davis, who ended up at Auburn, but had previously committed to Va Tech?

As it turns out, he told Nebraska he wasn't going to be coming to Lincoln. Then they cooled. It's all a big game.

Regardless by all accounts Frost and the nutty professor appear to like Torres better than Morris.

The opinion that I have been reading most is that Torres is their number 1 target. Cooled is such an overused word. Remember when Nebraska "cooled" on the North Shore QB Dimetrius Davis, who ended up at Auburn

Nebraska never cooled on Davis. He absolutely was their #1.

And Morris allegedly tried to commit on his visit, but Nebraska slow played the kid.

The opinion that I have been reading most is that Torres is their number 1 target. Cooled is such an overused word. Remember when Nebraska "cooled" on the North Shore QB Dimetrius Davis, who ended up at Auburn, but had previously committed to Va Tech?

As it turns out, he told Nebraska he wasn't going to be coming to Lincoln. Then they cooled. It's all a big game.

Regardless by all accounts Frost and the nutty professor appear to like Torres better than Morris.
Good that they were the first to offer him.. that has to count for something.

Not sure I agree that Nebraska cooled on him, but if they did this is interesting. All of the sudden Morris weak arm is a huge issue. It wasn’t an issue recruiting LM and Smothers. But now we want big kids with big arms like HH. I guess this is another case of the staff realizing they had it wrong and scrapping their original plan (like we have done at WR). Better late than never I guess.

Last edited:
Nebraska never cooled on Davis. He absolutely was their #1.

And Morris allegedly tried to commit on his visit, but Nebraska slow played the kid.
I am very much aware of the Davis situation. Which is why I brought it up. Go check the tapes, I was told by all the "recruiting experts" with their screen name of the week, as soon as Davis committed to Va Tech, that Nebraska stopped communication with him weeks ago.

I think they want Torres and wanted to give him a chance to get on campus in June. I guess that is slow played, but it is different this year than previous years.

If Torres goes somewhere else, Morris may be back in the warm side. ha ha ha

I am very much aware of the Davis situation. Which is why I brought it up. Go check the tapes, I was told by all the "recruiting experts" with their screen name of the week, as soon as Davis committed to Va Tech, that Nebraska stopped communication with him weeks ago.

I think they want Torres and wanted to give him a chance to get on campus in June. I guess that is slow played, but it is different this year than previous years.

Anyone who told you Davis was slow played is full of it.

And I actually think Bianco might be their #1, but they believe he's going to blow up when teams actually see him, so they will take Torres of he wants to commit.

A QB that NU was recruiting, obviously. Thought we had a decent chance with him at one point. But this staff recruiting recently... Yikes.
Not a problem. I do not think we would have taken his commitment at this point in time. He did not pass well at a recent camp and the staff is higher on a couple other guys.

Reactions: scarletred
That doesnt fit their narrative tho... nvm the fact dead period just ended and we got a former 5 star db on campus .. smh
Their public narrative likely is never going to reflect any "cooling" on a recruit or anything negative about a recruit. After all they don't want to burn any bridges with a kid because they might be coming back to recruit him again. These days they could even be re-recruiting a kid again in the transfer portal some day.

Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

Should take 2 qb per year and after one year one stays and one moves in based upon performance.

This is what I've been saying for years! Take 2 EVERY year until you get it right. One will transfer after a year...so what. They already transferring...

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs.
This is so true. And what is funny is most on here will think you are referring to the OTHER poster they are debating with.

This is so true. And what is funny is most on here will think you are referring to the OTHER poster they are debating with.
It’s a football message board, very few posts are based in actual facts. Without confirmation bias it would be just a bunch of bobble heads nodding in agreement, either that or everyone changing their opinion, like underwear, every time someone posts something from a different viewpoint.

This is what I've been saying for years! Take 2 EVERY year until you get it right. One will transfer after a year...so what. They already transferring...
My disagreement with taking 2 QBs per year is that right now we aren’t getting one per that has the necessary skills to run the offense. What the hell do we need two of those for?

I still contend that the main reasons we aren’t getting the top QBs to look at us is
1) Adrian Martinez started as a freshman and still has 2 seasons to play. Frost appears to be married to him, especially now that when he tried to replace him, with cool hand Luke, it backfired.
2) the offense is too dependent on QB run, it doesn’t matter if it is by design or by necessity, the starting QB hasn’t played a full season yet due to injury. Those injuries aren’t happening because he got popped standing in the pocket. As the NFL gets more mobile QBs, Frosts offensive philosophy should be a huge attraction to top dual threats or even pro style guys with mobility.
3) If Martinez goes down again this year, the 2 primary backups are freshmen because everyone else transferred out.

Reactions: TFrazier and WHCSC
It’s a football message board, very few posts are based in actual facts. Without confirmation bias it would be just a bunch of bobble heads nodding in agreement, either that or everyone changing their opinion, like underwear, every time someone posts something from a different viewpoint.
Nah man, you missed my point. I have no issues with viewpoints, discussions, and emotions. I just think it is funny that almost every poster would look at confirmation bias as the other guy and not them.

Nah man, you missed my point. I have no issues with viewpoints, discussions, and emotions. I just think it is funny that almost every poster would look at confirmation bias as the other guy and not them.
I’m sorry, I got your point, I shouldn’t have quoted yours.

I was just making a general comment about confirmation bias and football message boards.

sorry for the confusion.

yes, I didn't target my post at anyone because we are all guilty of it, myself included. It was merely posted so we can all reflect on how it may or may not affect us in our posts here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT