ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota/Rutgers TV

k9_r

Offensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
On BTN and BTN2GO at 2 PM CT today.

Go Scarlet Knights!

Tied 1-1 after 1 inning.

Rutgers gets one in then Minny sends a lead off home run over the wall.

Gophers 2-1 on another solo home run. Moving to the 3rd.

Minnesota gets three on regular baseball, two singles, a double and a FC nets a run too.

4-1 Minnesota after three.

4-1 Minnesota after 4 complete. Rutgers suffocated their two on rally in the top of the inning, Minny goes 1, 2, 3.

Rutgers plates one in the 5th, Minnesota blanks. 4-2 after 5.

6th inning

Rutgers B2B one out singles chases the Gopher pitcher, new guy gets a DP to end the inning.

Rutgers brings in a new pitcher as the rain drops begin falling. Minny blanks quickly.

4-2 Gophers. Moving to the 7th.

7th goes quietly for both teams. 4-2 Minnesota.

Edit: Oops, Minny comes to bat. Trying to focus here. Eek

Yeah, nothing quiet for Minnesota. Two run homer with no outs starts their inning. then it finishes quietly. 6-2 Minnesota.

Last edited:
No scoring in the 8th but some pretty good baseball. Going to the ninth and looking like an easy Minnesota win.

Big inning for Minny, probably not going to lose today.

Going to be rooting hard for Purdue this weekend.

Reactions: k9_r
Game over. Minnesota wins and takes over first place.... Makes for an interesting weekend for Minnesota, Nebraska and Michigan...

The guy they pitched in the second game pitched Sunday versus Nebraska and Illinois (maybe others based on my limited research). He has not been the Sunday starter for the last two weekends (might of got demoted). He has a 6.82 ERA after 6 1/3 innings of scoreless baseball.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that five games in five days (and eight games in nine days) catches up to Minny. The games are all at home, though.

Somebody look it up for me. Did Minnesota use regular weekend starters today?
Both guys that have been the Sunday starters, past and present, pitched in the doubleheader. Rutgers used their Friday starter in the first game. Minnesota used very few pitchers.

Both guys that have been the Sunday starters, past and present, pitched in the doubleheader. Rutgers used their Friday starter in the first game. Minnesota used very few pitchers.
This weekend will be very interesting for the league as a whole. I think Nebraska has the upper hand but every time we do we lose one. It seems nobody wants to win this season title haha

This weekend will be very interesting for the league as a whole. I think Nebraska has the upper hand but every time we do we lose one. It seems nobody wants to win this season title haha
I agree. Several have had the chance to be sitting on top with a comfortable lead, but none have done it. Good luck to the Huskers.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT