ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Coach Kill: Ban Husker Shirts

My wife is his son's preschool teacher the author was talking about. :)
Awesome!

To me, its no different than what we see here. A generation of kids have grown up here not living and breathing Huskers because they aren't in the National spotlight.
My son had a buddy that would come over wearing Texas crap all the time. (he was born and raised here) I would joke with him that he will need to start paying a cover charge coming in my house with Texas gear. Years later after they had grown up and gone separate ways, he came over one night to catch up with my son. Walked by me with his Texas hat and threw a dollar my way smiling! Got a good laugh myself.

Reactions: timnsun
Awesome!

To me, its no different than what we see here. A generation of kids have grown up here not living and breathing Huskers because they aren't in the National spotlight.
My son had a buddy that would come over wearing Texas crap all the time. (he was born and raised here) I would joke with him that he will need to start paying a cover charge coming in my house with Texas gear. Years later after they had grown up and gone separate ways, he came over one night to catch up with my son. Walked by me with his Texas hat and threw a dollar my way smiling! Got a good laugh myself.
Yup. I see Oregon gear all the time.

I like it. Minnesota has to do something. They have one of the most pathetic fanbases in the BIG 10. Jerry is just trying to rally the troops. Good for him.

I try to buy a shirt whenever I go to an away game....sometimes a shirt is just a shirt not a mission statement

Reactions: hawkit3113
I try to buy a shirt whenever I go to an away game....sometimes a shirt is just a shirt not a mission statement

I love walking through an airport wearing Hawkeye gear and hearing a big, "Go Hawks!!!" from another Hawkeye fan in the air port. Out West people have this look like, what the hell is going on. lol. College football out West is pathetic at best.

There's no mountain. He's being funny and making a point that his program should have earned some fans the last couple of years.

They have had some very good teams the last couple years, and on TV you can still see empty seats in a 50K seat stadium. They need to get it together as a fanbase.

I love walking through an airport wearing Hawkeye gear and hearing a big, "Go Hawks!!!" from another Hawkeye fan in the air port. Out West people have this look like, what the hell is going on. lol. College football out West is pathetic at best.
Agree.. I always wear a Husker related shirt when I travel...I got a go big red at the top of Europe and in Prague... I teach in LA and we are supposed to wear red every Tuesday so thats a different Husker shirt every Tuesday and on Fridays we are supposed to wear a college T shirt so I mix that up a bit...in fact just ordered a Georgia Tech and NC State shirt

That reminds me of a lady I saw fishing off a pier down at Ft. Desoto Beach here in Florida yesterday. She was wearing an Iowa t-shirt. Only problem was the shirt was red and Iowa was written in white. I had to do a double take on that one. And ya, I should of took a pic, but I was in my swim trunks, so I didn't have my phone on me.

That reminds me of a lady I saw fishing off a pier down at Ft. Desoto Beach here in Florida yesterday. She was wearing an Iowa t-shirt. Only problem was the shirt was red and Iowa was written in white. I had to do a double take on that one. And ya, I should of took a pic, but I was in my swim trunks, so I didn't have my phone on me.

There was a time (not sure if they still do it) that someone was making Iowa shirts in all different colors. My mom has one that is pink, but that was a promo for breast cancer awareness. I have seen deep green, blue, red, yellow, black, etc........

What a horrible marketing idea. Unless it was to promote the state of Iowa?? For tourism? And not affiliated with the school. I have no clue and think its stupid.

There was a time (not sure if they still do it) that someone was making Iowa shirts in all different colors. My mom has one that is pink, but that was a promo for breast cancer awareness. I have seen deep green, blue, red, yellow, black, etc........

What a horrible marketing idea. Unless it was to promote the state of Iowa?? For tourism? And not affiliated with the school. I have no clue and think its stupid.
I've seen similar Nebraska shirts in Scheel's... Don't really remember if they were 'husker' or simply just 'Nebraska' shirts.

That's what I'm thinking. We have the same over here. A guy I work with has a blue shirt with white letters "NEBRASKA" on it......I keep telling him that's a nice shirt for the State. He says it his husker shirt! I just shake my head.

I like it. Minnesota has to do something. They have one of the most pathetic fanbases in the BIG 10. Jerry is just trying to rally the troops. Good for him.

Considering the hard times that program has endured I was always impressed by the unexpected optimism of many Gopher fans during my years in MSP, even during the worst seasons.

Awesome!

Last season we got the attention and rath of Pat Fitzgearld. This season it's Jerry Kill. Those Husker fans just keep coming, GBR!!

I was in Mobile, Alabama for work and got a GBR when I was out the other day from an older lady. Always enjoy running into fellow Husker fans on the road.

Kids today care about the colors of clothes more than what they say. The main reason they probably don't wear Minnesota gear is because their colors (maroon & gold) are hideous.

Even in the 90s a lot of people wore team gear more for how it looked on them than as a statement of fan loyalty. If it's a middle aged person the shirt probably means they are a fan or have some connection to the university, if it's a kid, they liked the color and it was available at the store.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT