ADVERTISEMENT

Millard North at Papillion-La Vista tonight

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Millard North at Papillion-La Vista, TV: KXVO, 7 p.m. Live video: NEPrepZone.com

If you are out of state like I am, you can watch it on the Web. That is 7pm Nebraska Time Zone.

Millard North's Jacob Matthews at Fullback is getting healthy and hopefully has a good night. He could be the next Andy Janovich if Riley at least offered him as a walk-on. Jacob has offers from Ohio and some other schools.

Millard North at Papillion-La Vista, TV: KXVO, 7 p.m. Live video: NEPrepZone.com

If you are out of state like I am, you can watch it on the Web. That is 7pm Nebraska Time Zone.

Millard North's Jacob Matthews at Fullback is getting healthy and hopefully has a good night. He could be the next Andy Janovich if Riley at least offered him as a walk-on. Jacob has offers from Ohio and some other schools.
Jacob will be a LB at the next level regardless of where he go's

Jacob will be a LB at the next level regardless of where he go's

This is another Nebraska kid I'd hate to see go elsewhere because Nebraska doesn't offer. LB is obviously a position of need, and he is by all accounts a smart kid judging by his ACT and GPA.

Matthews seems to have all the "measureables" as far as size and speed. When Millard North played Millard West earlier this season, I saw Matthews run down a back or receiver down roughly 40-50 yard down field. He just absolutely flew down the field on that play and it really caught my eye as I watched him. I wish the play was on his Hudl page so I could link it.

IIRC some staff from MN said he had missed some games in the middle of the season, but now he is back and played last week. The kid is a really good football player. I hope he makes some noise in the playoffs and gets noticed. I'll be really unhappy if Iowa offers late and Nebraska doesn't.

Reactions: Catch50
This is another Nebraska kid I'd hate to see go elsewhere because Nebraska doesn't offer. LB is obviously a position of need, and he is by all accounts a smart kid judging by his ACT and GPA.

Matthews seems to have all the "measureables" as far as size and speed. When Millard North played Millard West earlier this season, I saw Matthews run down a back or receiver down roughly 40-50 yard down field. He just absolutely flew down the field on that play and it really caught my eye as I watched him. I wish the play was on his Hudl page so I could link it.

IIRC some staff from MN said he had missed some games in the middle of the season, but now he is back and played last week. The kid is a really good football player. I hope he makes some noise in the playoffs and gets noticed. I'll be really unhappy if Iowa offers late and Nebraska doesn't.

He started at DE as soph. If only he were two inches taller. What part of the game was the play? I have a link at home of the whole game and hope to post it later.

MN O-line

270, 270, 280, 275, 270. I really like Cody Ritterbush the center. But he was hurt last week so LT Ethan Butler moved to center. I hope to see big Cody (#56) back tonight.

Last edited:
What part of the game was the play? I have a link at home of the whole game and hope to post it later.

Hmmmm.

If your camera view I'd from the press box I believe MW was going to the North, so to the left of the screen. I want to say he made the tackle close to the west sideline, which would be the near sideline. I want to say it happened in the 2nd Q? Can't say for certain.

Hmmmm.

If your camera view I'd from the press box I believe MW was going to the North, so to the left of the screen. I want to say he made the tackle close to the west sideline, which would be the near sideline. I want to say it happened in the 2nd Q? Can't say for certain.

Thanks!

http://striv.tv/channel/millard-west/#ondemand-video

Here is the link of the whole game. It must be the play around the 49:00 minute ... with view blocked by a fan.

Can't seem to view that one. Check at the 1:12 mark of the this link:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4263692...ttp://www.hudl.com/athlete/4263692/highlights

It isn't splashy impressive, but I believe that is Anderjaska he runs down, who doesn't have blazing speed, but has very good speed for a high school senior. MW 25 to the MN 35 where the tackle is made, and when he hits the MW 30, you can see him kick it into gear. At the time, I thought Anderjaska was gone.

Can't seem to view that one. Check at the 1:12 mark of the this link:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4263692/highlights/297952370/v2?utm_expid=74649800-50.xVwcdGojSNiaNtQ6WnoKhQ.0&utm_referrer=http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4263692/highlights

It isn't splashy impressive, but I believe that is Anderjaska he runs down, who doesn't have blazing speed, but has very good speed for a high school senior. MW 25 to the MN 35 where the tackle is made, and when he hits the MW 30, you can see him kick it into gear. At the time, I thought Anderjaska was gone.

Thanks! Big #33 showed good speed and hustle!

If MN has to play them in the playoffs ... well Anderjaska is very good.

I went to the game but got there late. Didn't see Matthews play.

I think he went out with an injury in the 2nd quarter or so. Didn't see the whole game, but they showed him with his pads off on the sideline.

I went to the game but got there late. Didn't see Matthews play.

He started but co
Go Mustangs!

For anyone interested, #27 for the Mustangs is Daveon Jones a 6'0 160 Soph who plays wingback. I mention it because the announcers noted his outstanding kickoff coverage but did not have him on their roster.

He started at DE as soph. If only he were two inches taller. What part of the game was the play? I have a link at home of the whole game and hope to post it later.

MN O-line

270, 270, 280, 275, 270. I really like Cody Ritterbush the center. But he was hurt last week so LT Ethan Butler moved to center. I hope to see big Cody (#56) back tonight.
Just lost him to SDSU apparently. Danny J. is just smoking Omaha area talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT