ADVERTISEMENT

Miles wins MWC

He probably will. It is very hard to win at Nebraska. We are one of the worst basketball programs in the P5. Sorry, it is true. When good coaches aren't winning here, we have a real problem.

Reactions: baseball_23
He probably will. It is very hard to win at Nebraska. We are one of the worst basketball programs in the P5. Sorry, it is true. When good coaches aren't winning here, we have a real problem.

Nebraska is a basketball coaching graveyard. It is career suicide to accept the Nebraska job, no matter the money and resources they throw at you. That is why we need to give Hoiberg a lifetime contract and hope he can accidentally fall into a great team someday. The revolving door approach hasn't worked for football, which actually has a winning tradition, so it isn't going to work for basketball.

5 seed in the conference tourney. He didnt win the league but what he is doing at San Jose is rare

Miles proves the point made . Could the same have been about Football before Bob Devaney arrived ?

Nebraska is a basketball coaching graveyard. It is career suicide to accept the Nebraska job, no matter the money and resources they throw at you. That is why we need to give Hoiberg a lifetime contract and hope he can accidentally fall into a great team someday. The revolving door approach hasn't worked for football, which actually has a winning tradition, so it isn't going to work for basketball.
I tend to agree about Hoiberg. The results have been disappointing, but is bringing in the next guy going to make it better? As long as Fred is still grinding and not mailing it in, I say let him keep trying.

I liked Tim Miles. I wish he could have stayed and succeeded.

why don't we hire the Celtics coach, with disclaimers in the contract? could get a good deal..

If that's truly the case, we should have given Danny Nee a lifetime contract.

5 seed in the conference tourney. He didnt win the league but what he is doing at San Jose is rare
Yeah I think he "won" Coach of the Year - which is a nice honor, considering how terrible San Jose State has been in recent years. I believe they play top seed San Diego State tonight in the Mountain West tourney.

I’ve mentioned it before, but i wish Trev Alberts was the AD when Miles was here. He is the first AD in a long time that seems to have a solid, long term vision for BB. Collectively, i think Miles could have gotten NU in the middle of the pack in the B1G, which most years gets into the NCAAs. It can happen yet with Hoiberg although time is running out on him.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I’ve mentioned it before, but i wish Trev Alberts was the AD when Miles was here. He is the first AD in a long time that seems to have a solid, long term vision for BB. Collectively, i think Miles could have gotten NU in the middle of the pack in the B1G, which most years gets into the NCAAs. It can happen yet with Hoiberg although time is running out on him.
The thing about Hoiberg is, if he is not having success by now, what makes you think giving him more time will help. Time to part ways and move on.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
The thing about Hoiberg is, if he is not having success by now, what makes you think giving him more time will help. Time to part ways and move on.
JMHO, but I think his tenure here under Moos wipes the slate clean somewhat. Yeah, it was horrible but incremental progress has been made now that TA is involved. That is likely a major factor in looking at things. The disastrous start to his time at NU needs to be assessed in the grand scheme of things, which is why I think he has a short leash.

I tend to agree about Hoiberg. The results have been disappointing, but is bringing in the next guy going to make it better? As long as Fred is still grinding and not mailing it in, I say let him keep trying.

I liked Tim Miles. I wish he could have stayed and succeeded.
There is no doubt that Mikes made mistakes at NU. There is also no doubt that our AD kneecapped him with the contract issues. It killed his recruiting.

I miss Tim Miles. He was up and down here, but he was a good coach and. Very likable. I regretted letting him go even before the Hoiberg disaster.

We should see if he’ll come back, with apologies and a raise. No bs.

Before the attacks start, ask yourself, who is better that we’ll get?

Watch: A better program than us will hire him after this year.

Reactions: Anegada1
we’re THE worst, with what matters.

I miss Tim Miles. He was up and down here, but he was a good coach and. Very likable. I regretted letting him go even before the Hoiberg disaster.

Here's the guy I wanted last year. Former Butler and Husker assistant who landed on Mick Cronin's staff at UCLA. Got hired last year as the head coach at Ball State:

Michael Lewis

I'm not saying he would be way better than Miles, but I feel like this is the type of hire NU needs to turn the corner.

Reactions: moralvictories
Here's the guy I wanted last year. Former Butler and Husker assistant who landed on Mick Cronin's staff at UCLA. Got hired last year as the head coach at Ball State:

Michael Lewis

I'm not saying he would be way better than Miles, but I feel like this is the type of hire NU needs to turn the corner.
I am not saying to there is no one else good we could get. There definitely are great people out there who would appreciate the Big 10, our facilities, and our fans.

I am just saying that—retrospectively—Hoiberg replacing Miles was a dumb move.

Reactions: moralvictories
JMHO, but I think his tenure here under Moos wipes the slate clean somewhat. Yeah, it was horrible but incremental progress has been made now that TA is involved. That is likely a major factor in looking at things. The disastrous start to his time at NU needs to be assessed in the grand scheme of things, which is why I think he has a short leash.
Come on, man! Moos knew how to drive a tractor! Best AD ever!
It is ridiculous what the excuses were for hiring the worst power 5 AD in history were, and how they just let him drunkenly drive the whole department off a damn cliff, with no oversight

Come on, man! Moos knew how to drive a tractor! Best AD ever!
It is ridiculous what the excuses were for hiring the worst power 5 AD in history were, and how they just let him drunkenly drive the whole department off a damn cliff, with no oversight
Literally shocked that this post was not about how there are rumors that Miles was killing babies and was probably responsible for the Holocaust.

Don't get all man, it is a joke, sort of.

I'm not buying that NU is a coaching graveyard for BB. While the basketball program has obviously had not had the success that football has, both programs started declining around the same time (late 90s). Is it coincidence, or something bigger in the athletic department? Guess I'm a believer in the later.

I'm not buying that NU is a coaching graveyard for BB. While the basketball program has obviously had not had the success that football has, both programs started declining around the same time (late 90s). Is it coincidence, or something bigger in the athletic department? Guess I'm a believer in the later.
Go hire Micah from PSU...that MFer can COACH

I was a Miles booster but his schtick got old at times. His “disciplanary methods” weren’t a great idea either. That said, the AD undercut him. I don’t know if the hairdresser deal was why they didn’t support him or what but the contract impass most definitely killed any hope of bringing in good players. Soooo we canned a guy who now has twice been a conference coach of the year to hire a guy for 3x as much money and who it took 5 years to have a .500 season. Soooo Nebrasketballish.

I’m not a fire Hoiberg guy. At some point I think we have to recognize that some of the problem for Nebrasketball hasn’t always been entirely the coach’s fault. It seems that Fred is getting the support from the AD he needs. Now we need NIL donors to help us attract some difference makers. 2-3 guys could flip the narrative.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT