ADVERTISEMENT

Miles announcement at 1:30

Orlando newspaper posted this over the weekend but it doesn't tell you a whole lot:

Gates leaving for Nebraska

Maybe the other Florida assistant coaches got bent out of shape over Gates being named associate head coach? In any case, looks like a good pickup for NU.

Sounds like this guy has the recruiting bit down solid and is in on the top areas around here. Hopefully he can keep bringing in top level talent. Eventually we will land a good center and that’s when things should turn the corner for us. That has always been our weakness, a good true big man.

Does he know how to teach ball movement other than the weave?
I was hoping he could educate posters on this site about the game of basketball! That is needed a hell of a lot more than adding more to our repertoire than the weave. Have you watched a game since Doc Sadler was coach, because Miles rarely does the weave? Nice try though... football season is just about 4 months away. That way you bitch about things that make sense and are relevant. Oh wait that usually doesn't happen either, my fault.

I was hoping he could educate posters on this site about the game of basketball! That is needed a hell of a lot more than adding more to our repertoire than the weave. Have you watched a game since Doc Sadler was coach, because Miles rarely does the weave? Nice try though... football season is just about 4 months away. That way you bitch about things that make sense and are relevant. Oh wait that usually doesn't happen either, my fault.

Thank you. Finally someone that has a common sense answer as to what has propelled us to 4 losing seasons out of 6, and no post-season wins under Miles. Sigh..

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

Pretty sure it was a joke.

Does he know how to teach ball movement other than the weave?

There you go being negative again. :D

This was an amazingly good hire given the untimely departure of Hunter. He might be a better fit than Hunter given his background in the B1G.

Now if we can get him to stay longer than 3 weeks. Say what you will, but a guy leaving a place after 3 weeks has to raise an eyebrow.

Can’t tell if that’s a yes or no. So educating posters will help the offense? Or is everything good offensively? Thanks in advance!

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/offensive-efficiency

I see Nebraska 127th here in Offensive efficiency in one of Miles’ top two seasons. Is that pretty good? Maybe you could beat the new coach to the punch and educate me quick?

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Now if we can get him to stay longer than 3 weeks. Say what you will, but a guy leaving a place after 3 weeks has to raise an eyebrow.
Maybe, but the only thing Mike White has said about it is that he was concerned about the "overall dynamic of the coaching staff." That could just mean Florida's other assistants felt they were being leapfrogged, as opposed to anything negative about Gates. Obviously it remains to be seen if it will work out, but with Miles having just lost his best recruiter he would be out of his mind not to grab Gates.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Maybe, but the only thing Mike White has said about it is that he was concerned about the "overall dynamic of the coaching staff." That could just mean Florida's other assistants felt they were being leapfrogged, as opposed to anything negative about Gates. Obviously it remains to be seen if it will work out, but with Miles having just lost his best recruiter he would be out of his mind not to grab Gates.

Maybe, but If I were a head coach that appointed a coach as assistant head coach, Gates wouldn't be the one choosing to leave. The ones leaving would be the coaches making a stink about getting passed over for the position.

Maybe, but If I were a head coach that appointed a coach as assistant head coach, Gates wouldn't be the one choosing to leave. The ones leaving would be the coaches making a stink about getting passed over for the position.
Well perhaps Gates will turn out to be a problem, but if the alternative is to have these two leading the charge out on the recruiting trail - I say, let's take our chances.

IPYUIDLNBFBIGRE.20151205214910.JPG

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Sounds like this guy has the recruiting bit down solid and is in on the top areas around here. Hopefully he can keep bringing in top level talent. Eventually we will land a good center and that’s when things should turn the corner for us. That has always been our weakness, a good true big man.

It's been many years since Hoppen.

I once left a job after 2 days. It became very apparent that one of the 3 partners was not on board with my hiring so I tore up the contract and walked away. It happens.

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
Well perhaps Gates will turn out to be a problem, but if the alternative is to have these two leading the charge out on the recruiting trail - I say, let's take our chances.

IPYUIDLNBFBIGRE.20151205214910.JPG
A turd is literally above Miles head in this picture.

What I've noticed is that Sadlers teams did the weave and NEVER looked like they were trying to make a play out of it.

Tim's weave actually looks like the players are using it as a basis to create plays from it. Usually the man setting a pick would roll to the hoop and we got a lot of easy ones using it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT