ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Leach has passed away

he's gone. sad day. here's a great story about him:

FjyFDLKWYAEXwoM

Heart attack -> cardiac arrest —> prolonged anoxia prior to return of circulation —> hypoxic/anoxic brain injury
very sad.

time is of the essence during events like these

every single person in America over the age of 8 should be trained in CPR & re-trained annually. would take no longer than a couple hours & we already have every resource we need.

medical professionals (RNs, PRNs, etc.) would happily volunteer a weekend day every year, and countless lives would be saved

will never happen, though, because............. [reasons]

everybody reading this should consider what I'm saying for your families. seriously.

Reactions: Redmich
One of those guys who started at the bottom and worked his way up. Iowa Wesleyan- if you’ve been there you would agree. Worked w the mad scientist Hal Mumme and went on to just have a fantastic career. One of the most unique, genuine coaches you would ever meet.

Reactions: BleedRed78
One of those guys who started at the bottom and worked his way up. Iowa Wesleyan- if you’ve been there you would agree. Worked w the mad scientist Hal Mumme and went on to just have a fantastic career. One of the most unique, genuine coaches you would ever meet.
One of the few college football coaches who never played college football.

Reactions: BleedRed78
And sadly, as I posted in the other thread, Leach now has been taken off of life support.

• Sad
Reactions: ssmill777
I'm guessing Snyder has accurate info but it just hasn't been released. I hope that I'm wrong and that he's recovering. Leach is one of my favorite coaches in any sport ever. The rare combo of a coach who was actually as entertaining to listen to off the field while always having an entertaining team to watch.

If he was pulseless for 10-15 minutes without effective CPR it is better that he just passes. Do yourself and others a favor and learn basic CPR -most local hospitals have lessons.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm guessing Snyder has accurate info but it just hasn't been released. I hope that I'm wrong and that he's recovering. Leach is one of my favorite coaches in any sport ever. The rare combo of a coach who was actually as entertaining to listen to off the field while always having an entertaining team to watch.
If he’s on hospice care he’ll be dead likely within 72 hours.

• Sad
Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Read earlier today he had zero chance of survival. They were keeping him on life support until they family arrived.

Hell of a coach. Seemed like a great guy

• Sad
Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Hopefully his family will allow the gift of life - there is no more hopeful or gracious thought then the liver or kidney of the "Pirate" living on in another human being who may go on to have a family of their own - another "pirate" of the future.

If he was pulseless for 10-15 minutes without effective CPR it is better that he just passes. Do yourself and others a favor and learn basic CPR -most local hospitals have lessons.
I had a good friend whose heart stopped and his wife heard him gurgle. She woke up to find him blue and unresponsive. Fortunately his 30 year old son was there working in their basement. He ran upstairs, threw his 230 lb dad on the floor and started CPR. When the EMTs got there they tried shocking his heart twice trying to restart it. Finally on the 4th attempt at the hospital they got his heart going. He was unconscious so he didn’t get to enjoy the 30 minute chopper ride to a heart hospital where they cooled his body temp I think to 92F for 2-3 days before they warmed him and woke him up. I visited him the day after they woke him up and you would never have known his brain had been without oxygen. He lived another 10 years to see and enjoy 4 grandkids before complications from COVID got him.

Last edited:
I had a good friend whose heart stopped and his wife heard him gurgle. She woke up to find him blue and unresponsive. Fortunately his 30 year old son was there working in their basement. He ran upstairs, threw his 230 lb dad on the floor and started CPR. When the EMTs got there they tried shocking his heart twice trying to restart it. Finally on the 4th attempt at the hospital they got his heart going. He was unconscious so he didn’t get to enjoy the 30 minute chopper ride to a heart hospital where they cooled his body temp I think to 92F for 2-3 days before they warmed him and woke him up. I visited him the day after they woke him up and you would never have known his brain had been without oxygen. He lived another 10 years to see and enjoy 4 grandkids before complications from COVID got him.
Thankfully is son was there to perform CPR to assist with oxygen to the brain. As I was told from a Dr friend the brain ceases to function in as little as 10 minutes with no oxygen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT