ADVERTISEMENT

Message from TO to former players

Almost sounds like a Good-bye message.
more like...

Wake Up Call Wuc GIF by Nike

He did it as a player and a coach. Loyalty and commitment to his team, his players, and his university. No what’s in it for me?

People love to give him crap for LP, but they fail to mention TO kept in touch with him in prison till he died.
One of a kind.

Maybe it is just me but this scares me. Sounds like he just knows the end is near for him? Or could be that he has very bad news. My prayers for him.

Reactions: husker in pa
Did he keep in touch with the kids who LP tried to kill?
When that TE shot himself in the head in the 80’s, who was in the hospital (UNMC) with the parents?
When Damian Peters broke his neck, who went to the hospital to visit (hint, it wasn’t peters coach Lou Holz)?
Who got Brook Berringer’s mouth guard so they could identify him?
One of my relatives went to the funeral of a friend who was on the team in the 70’s. You’ll never guess who was there.
This is just the stuff I know about. I’m sure there are numerous other acts of kindness, respect and compassion.

Sometimes when you comment on something or someone you know nothing about, it just confirms to the whole world how clueless you are.

TO is one of the main reasons so many of us continue to bleed Husker red despite the seemingly endless futility we have endured in recent years. Impossible not to support that man for his contributions to the Husker brand. His take on today's game validates what we all see and miss about the tradition of Husker football.

No players were opting out of bowl games during the years TO coached at any schools. Had nothing to do with TO

We are talking about opting out of meaningless games. TO had 2 players (Rozier and Fryar) take payouts to influence a national championship game.

Were TO coaching today many of his players would opt out of meaningless bowls games just like players of other coaches do.
Further, if the portal were around in the 90s the second Tommie Frazier was named the starter as a true freshman I’m pretty confident Brook Berringer would have been in the portal
Another fail

He did it as a player and a coach. Loyalty and commitment to his team, his players, and his university. No what’s in it for me?

People love to give him crap for LP, but they fail to mention TO kept in touch with him in prison till he died.
One of a kind.
TO visited LP in a max security prison. How many football coaches would do that.

No players were opting out of bowl games during the years TO coached at any schools. Had nothing to do with TO

We are talking about opting out of meaningless games. TO had 2 players (Rozier and Fryar) take payouts to influence a national championship game.

Were TO coaching today many of his players would opt out of meaningless bowls games just like players of other coaches do.
Further, if the portal were around in the 90s the second Tommie Frazier was named the starter as a true freshman I’m pretty confident Brook Berringer would have been in the portal
It’s nice that Nebraska football is always on your mind.

One of a kind.
Even worse are the doueches who said he was a win at all costs coach for playing Phillips. TO didn’t need LP to play. His teams were good enough to win without him . He did it for LP.

Even worse are the doueches who said he was a win at all costs coach for playing Phillips. TO didn’t need LP to play. His teams were good enough to win without him . He did it for LP.
Apparently Rothmatt doesn’t know who we had at running back besides LP in 1995..

Another idiot out wondering around..

Attended a lecture about 10 years ago that TO gave at a small college in Elmhurst, Illinois, @ Elmhurst College.

He gave his standard speech about how preparation and practicing perfectly is more important than the W's and L's.

But, he then he poured out his guts about the decision to let LP play in the Natty. Osborne reasoned that if LP was not back on the team, he was going back to a fatherless/motherless situation in the LA ghetto, and would probably be on death's door. Or he could let him back on the team and TO would suffer the wrath of haters for letting him play.

Love him or hate him on this decision, TO is one of the kindest human beings to walk this earth.

Attended a lecture about 10 years ago that TO gave at a small college in Elmhurst, Illinois, @ Elmhurst College.

He gave his standard speech about how preparation and practicing perfectly is more important than the W's and L's.

But, he then he poured out his guts about the decision to let LP play in the Natty. Osborne reasoned that if LP was not back on the team, he was going back to a fatherless/motherless situation in the LA ghetto, and would probably be on death's door. Or he could let him back on the team and TO would suffer the wrath of haters for letting him play.

Love him or hate him on this decision, TO is one of the kindest human beings to walk this earth.
In the bigtime college game, it seems regardless of what they do, the top coaches will get hammered by some of the things that happen. Like Bowden at FSU and the free shoes, or the thugs at Miami, or Spurrier coming unglued on the sidelines, there's always gonna be a way for the haters/disapproving fans to try to diminish whatver that team does.

It wasn't until NU/TO got tired of getting our brains beat in by the thugs at OU/Miami/FSU that Tom and his staff started bringing in the Christian Peters, Clinton Childs, LP types. We ALL know, you don't rise to the top in this game unless you have "those type" players.

Anytime i talk to non-NU fans the first thing they say is the LP situation. To be fair, what else other than "not winning the big one for 21 years" can Coach Osborne be criticized for? There's not a school in the country that would not have loved having this man lead their program for decades.

My goodness, put this man at age 35 at Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame, Texas, or any great recruiting location, and how would you have ever beaten them once he got all the pieces in place?

good.

university professors are worthless wastes of good oxygen.

the world needs far more football players and far less university professors.
X1000
I hope college athletes dont have to attend class anymore

Universities are now where you go to get dumb and indoctrinated.

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn
The greatest offensive play caller in college football history.

He called plays for 30 strait years. Amazing coach. Amazing human.
I don’t recall him ever using a play sheet. Amazing memory in his younger years. One of my in-laws met him briefly at a farm meeting. Years later my in-law was on a plane and Tom got on behind him. Tom stopped, greeted him by his first name and asked about his family. 😮

Reactions: TFrazier
I don’t recall him ever using a play sheet. Amazing memory in his younger years. One of my in-laws met him briefly at a farm meeting. Years later my in-law was on a plane and Tom got on behind him. Tom stopped, greeted him by his first name and asked about his family. 😮
I have heard many stories just like that.

I think he was kind, but more so he was honest at all costs. ALL COSTS. I attended a lecture where he really belittled three career types that had been in he news then for bad behaviors. I was in the 1st or 2nd row and dressed obviously as in one of those fields, which he mentioned last after looking at me for the first two. He went ahead and said what he had seen in my field, and I have to say, coming from TO it was such a gut punch, I sank in my seat. I certainly was not one of the bad guys, but his reputation for honesty and directness made it really painful for me. Still, he was right, and honorable in saying so, even if it was at my expense. By looking at me, it seemed he was thinking about being "kind" and skipping the third statement, but honesty won the day. I admire that, and many people in my field do truly svck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT