ADVERTISEMENT

Mcmullen done?

Sounds like he's done but I heard he's on the sidelines today. Who knows? SMH

If Williams "and" McMullen aren't playing this fall, we are going to be incredibly thin at defensive line. If there are a couple of injuries to the defensive tackles this fall...the defense could be in huge trouble.

I had heard he may just be done with football. Not anything solid though.

Football not in his heart anymore and now time to focus on getting into grad school...that is a possibility.

After seeing those videos of him blowing up Utter, I really got my hopes up about his potential at DT.

no way do we lose a starter on the def line (a terribly thin unit as it is) - not with JP now our def line coach
he needs to recruit McMullen just as hard as any juco or high school recruit

no way do we lose a starter on the def line (a terribly thin unit as it is) - not with JP now our def line coach
he needs to recruit McMullen just as hard as any juco or high school recruit
Parrella is running off kids. The "Nebraska" way.

perhaps we could utilize JPs connections and get a transfer or 2 from northern michigan

Yep he is officially giving up his football career and focusing it on business.

Since he was only at NU to be a student athlete, it's awfully nice of him to offer to pay back his senior season's tuition

Since he was only at NU to be a student athlete, it's awfully nice of him to offer to pay back his senior season's tuition

Pretty sure he not only played more than his fair share of snaps but is choosing the student part of student athlete

While I hate it for him do you really want a DL or any player for that matter not into the team or the sport?

I give him credit for walking away if he couldn't give his all- he will probably regret it but he has to do what's best for himself and his family

His athletic scholarship wouldn't be honored for next season. Maybe he can be given some sort of post graduate scholarship.

Now we are 2 over the scholarship limit.

You can't knock Greg in this situation. Alot of factors come into play that none of will probably ever know.

That being that case all the physical tools and talent in the world don't mean much if your heart and mind is not in the game at this point.

Situations like these are why kids used to sit on the sidelines for 3 years at Nebraska when they know they could start for 3 years at Iowa State or Kansas. This is why kids decline a FCS scholarship for a chance to walk on at Nebraska, for the opportunity to wait for your shot to play with that N on the side of their helmet. All McMullen's decision did was open the door for another kid to prove himself at one of the blue blood programs in the country.

Good luck to Greg McMullen, thank you for everything you have done for the University. I am excited to see who takes it upon themselves to step up and sieze this wonderful opportunity.

Reactions: newAD
Props to him. When you figure out what it is you want to do and have the courage to do it, I can respect that.

Reactions: newAD
Huge loss. All the potential and possibilities of the Davis Twins and Stoltenberg aside, McMullen was poised to be a necessary part of this defense. Very let down. Nonetheless best wishes to the kid for his contributions and moving forward.

So a very young DL for the top 3 on the depth chart since we lost MC, VV, GMc, & KW from last year.

(In order of Class)

DE Dzuris (R.Sr), Natter(R.Jr), A. Davis(R.Fr), Stille(Fr)
DT Newell(R.So), Davis(R.Fr), Rath(R.Sr)
DT Maurice(Sr), Stoltenberg(R.So), Davis(R.Fr)
DE Freedom(R.So), King(R.So), Neal(R.Fr), Alexander(Fr)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT