ADVERTISEMENT

Mazzccua is our best run blocker

I agree as running the ball is not something you can turn off and on, you have to have the mindset to run it down someone’s throat repeatedly.

Sad to me that Bo level is all we can achieve with this roster. And on top of that there are people in our fanbase who think that 6-6 is an acceptable record this year.
Boise St is averaging 9 yards/carry against 8 man boxes this year

We don’t even attempt to exert our will on our opponents, instead opting to dink/dunk/punt (which we can afford to do in this offensively inept conference)

Maybe in time with this staff this will change, but that would be asking many tigers to change their stripes

We need a big time RB again. I feel like we can't run the ball because we don't have a complete back. We need a guy with power, but also vision and lateral quickness that can make a defender miss or break a tackle on the same run. EJ is the closest guy to that, but I can't imagine what we might look like if we had a Jeanty or another stud back. We used to produce them, now we don;t

Boise St is averaging 9 yards/carry against 8 man boxes this year

We don’t even attempt to exert our will on our opponents, instead opting to dink/dunk/punt (which we can afford to do in this offensively inept conference)

Maybe in time with this staff this will change, but that would be asking many tigers to change their stripes
Put Ashton Jeanty on this team and we would have no trouble running the ball.

Everyone is to blame for our poor running game. The O-line, the RBs, the WR blocking, a vanilla OC, lack of a run threat at QB.

It's going to take different personnel and a more creative scheme to get the run game rolling. Most of which is not gonna change this year unfortunately

Reactions: king_kong_
500,000 fans donate $500 bucks each to NIL, the run game everything will be vastly improved. We are in a very unique time. We could spend more money than the NFL salary cap.

Put Ashton Jeanty on this team and we would have no trouble running the ball.

Everyone is to blame for our poor running game. The O-line, the RBs, the WR blocking, a vanilla OC, lack of a run threat at QB.

It's going to take different personnel and a more creative scheme to get the run game rolling. Most of which is not gonna change this year unfortunately
We’ve seen creative wrinkles from the run game and then people call it finesse or gimmicky. We’re running some of the exact same formations and plays that the Niners and Ravens run. We don’t have an edge in performance training anymore and never again will have the kind of edge we had with Boyd’s “supplements”, We DO have an edge with one of the top pro style QBs in the country. We need to get over it.

I did love the heavy power run sets and would like to see more of that mentality. Loved the I formation 2-3. TE look. We’ve got the guys to do that but that won’t always work. When we get stuffed once or twice doing that people will bitch that we didn’t throw it.

Reactions: arf_man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT