ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe losing Trev was a good thing

Texas Gay & M - Faggies.

giphy.gif

I agree. Classless move and a slap in Osborne’s face
Could be. Or it "could be" and I qualify this as complete speculation - Trev was the one getting the slap in the face. Someone has to point out to me all the lazy things he did? Was he never around? Not a Husker at heart? He followed a guy who wasn't even in the State much of the time for crying out loud. Trev loved the Huskers and what the state did for him personally.

I frankly have no idea what decisions he made that were so bad. He hired Rhule, did the process well and set the entire sports program up for success with lots of support in areas most colleges only dream of. Not everyone gets to see all of their plans or dreams come true, that is part of being an administrator.

I believe, and could easily be incorrect, that Trev saw/experienced some issues with those above him at some level that he didn't think were in both the interest of the University and/or himself. Trev doesn't strike me as a quitter and had the entire system heading in the right direction with a few bumps in the road. The higher up a person gets in administration, the more he experiences the ebb and flow of bosses who have expectations.

There is more coming out each day about the A&M baseball coach. It sounds as if he had made up his mind well ahead of time he was leaving for Texas. He even missed meetings with Trev to take about stadium improvements and his job. It is easy to blame someone by looking at the outside and not knowing what is going on internally. It wasn't like Trev was a job hopper, he was Omaha 12 years as I recall. Something serious scared him off and it is likely that issue is still present. That should be a concern worth knowing about.

Reactions: bigboxes
Could be. Or it "could be" and I qualify this as complete speculation - Trev was the one getting the slap in the face. Someone has to point out to me all the lazy things he did? Was he never around? Not a Husker at heart? He followed a guy who wasn't even in the State much of the time for crying out loud. Trev loved the Huskers and what the state did for him personally.

I frankly have no idea what decisions he made that were so bad. He hired Rhule, did the process well and set the entire sports program up for success with lots of support in areas most colleges only dream of. Not everyone gets to see all of their plans or dreams come true, that is part of being an administrator.

I believe, and could easily be incorrect, that Trev saw/experienced some issues with those above him at some level that he didn't think were in both the interest of the University and/or himself. Trev doesn't strike me as a quitter and had the entire system heading in the right direction with a few bumps in the road. The higher up a person gets in administration, the more he experiences the ebb and flow of bosses who have expectations.

There is more coming out each day about the A&M baseball coach. It sounds as if he had made up his mind well ahead of time he was leaving for Texas. He even missed meetings with Trev to take about stadium improvements and his job. It is easy to blame someone by looking at the outside and not knowing what is going on internally. It wasn't like Trev was a job hopper, he was Omaha 12 years as I recall. Something serious scared him off and it is likely that issue is still present. That should be a concern worth knowing about.
I agree on some of your points about Trev and some I kind of disagree. I agree Trev did some good things at Nebraska. However if Ted Carter wouldn’t have stepped in Trev was going to hire Leipold from Kansas. Trev got stage fright when the panthers owner put the screws to him on the negotiating on Rhules contract with Carolina. He overstepped his authority on the announcement of the Stadium renovation when he didn’t have the funding. Even though he said Nebraska was where he wanted to be at the same time he was applying for multiple jobs in his short time here. About the A&M situation.? He probably should have discussed the firing of Schlossnagles top baseball support staff with him before doing it. I agree with you on Him leaving for Texas was not Trevs fault only. As far as why he left Lincoln there was issues on both sides Trevs and The regents that led to that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT