ADVERTISEMENT

Mascot changes

yunginsNU2

All-American
May 24, 2006
I hate what our world is becoming.... this "woke" garbage everywhere you turn is so ridiculous... now its a white supremecy sign that Herbie the cartoon was gesturing all these years... i got a signal for anyone who agrees with this BS and its the family friendly middle finger dont care what anyone thinks either

Geez…get over it. Like any of you even ever would’ve noticed they changed it if there wasn’t some announcement about it. Talk about people getting “outraged” over nothing….
Agree. Some hate groups co-opted the sign and the university made a minor change

Similar to the reason you don’t happen across many named Adolph anyone

Geez…get over it. Like any of you even ever would’ve noticed they changed it if there wasn’t some announcement about it. Talk about people getting “outraged” over nothing….
Did you associate the hand gesture on Herbie to be anything more than what it was 2, 3 years ago? The fact that the hand gesture was around in the 70's and 99% of people would never tie it to some idiot hate group to this day says it really is nothing. UNL did the usual Brave Sir Robin for the 1% who may be offended by such stupidity. If people can't figure out what is real and what isn't, shame on them.

I hate what our world is becoming.... this "woke" garbage everywhere you turn is so ridiculous... now its a white supremecy sign that Herbie the cartoon was gesturing all these years... i got a signal for anyone who agrees with this BS and its the family friendly middle finger dont care what anyone thinks either
Just wait, next thing you’ll see these kooks demands will be herbie shouldn’t be a man, the mascot needs to be a woman or trans or lgbtq . Don’t laugh it’s right around the corner

I think many of you squeeling in this thread are missing the big picture in that without the target group of the white power movement DONU would do even worse on the gridiron then they have been doing…. We need to be able to recruit whomever we want and need to join our team.

Reactions: Tornadosoul7
They don't want to upset some fringe group seeking to undo as much history as they can. They're tired of being oppressed..
The Jim Pillen crowd just themselves just begging to be oppressed. “Undo history” sure sounds more like the side wanting to censor history books. Whats next, going after those fancy swastikas!?

Reactions: BleedRed78
I know, where does it stop?

I mean, soon the cartoon girl green M&Ms won't be able to wear their high heels!

I am just so ****ing triggered!

Reactions: cornwoman
I think many of you squeeling in this thread are missing the big picture in that without the target group of the white power movement DONU would do even worse on the gridiron then they have been doing…. We need to be able to recruit whomever we want and need to join our team.
argue_with_that_blazing_saddles.gif

Certain people have a tough time in America. Certain people thrive. We must implement as many special needs programs as possible to help them in this tough world.

Seriously. I've been a fan for 50 years, grew up in Lincoln, earned two degrees from UNL, worked at UNL for eight years, and never knew that the "OK" hand symbol being flashed by Herbie on the drawing was anything related to anything. No Husker fan I have ever known has used the "OK" hand symbol to represent Nebraska in any way. I'm not sure why they even bothered announcing it, as it was a massive nothingburger. This is like announcing that Herbie will have his hair parted on the left instead of the right under his hat from now on...and people being upset about it being PC woke nonsense somehow.

Seriously. I've been a fan for 50 years, grew up in Lincoln, earned two degrees from UNL, worked at UNL for eight years, and never knew that the "OK" hand symbol being flashed by Herbie on the drawing was anything related to anything. No Husker fan I have ever known has used the "OK" hand symbol to represent Nebraska in any way. I'm not sure why they even bothered announcing it, as it was a massive nothingburger. This is like announcing that Herbie will have his hair parted on the left instead of the right under his hat from now on...and people being upset about it being PC woke nonsense somehow.
all it takes is one nut to make up something like the ok sign is a sign for white supremacy and then if it sticks it spreads like wildfire but in reality it has no validity except some person said so

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT