ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Scott enters the portal

I’m sure Marvin will enjoy Norther Arizona
Hell. I would. Great place. Damn this is one transfer I wish well. I had high hopes for him and I think he could start for a lot of P5 teams. You just hope him not playing was his own doing and not a Held screw up.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Marvin made the mistake of not performing in practice. He was one of my favorites based on one catch and a couple of runs he made last year when he played a little. Clearly he wasn't getting it done and didn't think he could eat out Ervin, Yant and Stepp. Belt playing instead of Marvin told you all you needed to know either about his ability or his mental make up. I'm not sure how we could say it's because it was because he wasn't a walk on when we've seen the most consistent QB we have never get a shot and yes he's a walk on.
I like Marvin. My buddy who I text during Husker games and I were always texting, "Put Scott in". I really thought he had potential to be a good running back.

I like Marvin. My buddy who I text during Husker games and I were always texting, "Put Scott in". I really thought he had potential to be a good running back.
I don't know if it was a lack of top end speed or not being able to consistently execute the play book in practice that kept him off the field. Clearly something held him back. Who knows. Somebody at Michigan State's starting RB's last school is kicking themselves right now. I hope that isn't us next year.

Reactions: Wasker77
There isn't as much difference as you think. I would wager that Belt's 40 time is pretty similar to Rex's and Rex was never as big as he was listed. Belt has good hands and knows multiple positions on the offense and doesn't screw up. Rex had an advantage in his lateral quickness and vision.
I’m not saying Belt is Burkhead. But he has an ability that all the other backs lack and that’s knowing where the creases are. He is small and still gets 5 per carry because he’s not just running up the o lines rear ended every play. Yant might push forward for 3 but Belt hits the hole for 5.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I’m not saying Belt is Burkhead. But he has an ability that all the other backs lack and that’s knowing where the creases are. He is small and still gets 5 per carry because he’s not just running up the o lines rear ended every play. Yant might push forward for 3 but Belt hits the hole for 5.
his biggest asset is his knowledge of the play book, his hands and his consistency in being in the right spot. How many times did we see Yant or Stepp run in to Adrian? Too many. In addition we could split Belt out without changing personnel.

his biggest asset is his knowledge of the play book, his hands and his consistency in being in the right spot. How many times did we see Yant or Stepp run in to Adrian? Too many. In addition we could split Belt out without changing personnel.
He also seems faster than the other backs.

I'm not sure how we could say it's because it was because he wasn't a walk on when we've seen the most consistent QB we have never get a shot and yes he's a walk on.
This is difficult to read. Sorry I’m no grammar police but that sentence is difficult. heaven knows I’ll jack up spelling or whatever

but I’ll respect your opinion whatever it is. Good day. You obviously love the walk-ons like Scott. Belt for Heisman

Last edited:
This is difficult to read. Sorry I’m no grammar police but that sentence is difficult. heaven knows I’ll jack up spelling or whatever

but I’ll respect your opinion whatever it is. Good day. You obviously love the walk-ons like Scott. Belt for Heisman
Might have smoked down a few stiff ones prior to writing and sending that one.

Add Ervin to Thompkins and Yang and you have all you need if we can coach up our linemen.
Who is this Yang that you speak of? Transfer from Bejiing University? We really need at least 5 scholarship RBs IMO with one of them redshirting.

Who is this Yang that you speak of? Transfer from Bejiing University? We really need at least 5 scholarship RBs IMO with one of them redshirting.
I prefer quality over quantity, I haven’t been impressed with any of the running backs that Frost has recruited. And I don’t think you can blame it all on the line.

I prefer quality over quantity, I haven’t been impressed with any of the running backs that Frost has recruited. And I don’t think you can blame it all on the line.
We've got some good backs but damn it's tough when you're getting hit in the backfield. Johnson has the breakaway speed we haven't had since Helu. Johnson and Yant will both only be sophomores next year in eligibility. Belt is a junior next year. Seems crazy. Masker and Belt both have 2 years left if they want. Ervin has at least 3 years left and I know people are very high on the RB we have coming in. We might not have Ahman Green on the roster right now, but Yant has great potential as a change up to Johnson.

Man saw both dudes were white and called it a day lmao
It's really sad that you Hawkeye fans feel the need to troll a Husker fan message board. Get help. Rex Burkhead has played a long time in the NFL bub.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT