ADVERTISEMENT

Many thanks from Penn State to Nebraskan Tim Kelly (Re: Olbermann).

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, you can't even get the most basic of facts right, joe said "with the benefit if hindsight, I wish I had done more". That means, know that I know that Jerry is a monster, I wish I had done more. Don't twist his words.

The problem is that no one has ever spent any time trying to convince us. You're simply saying "the world I flat and I don't have to prove it, and you're crazy to think it is round." You know as well as I do that you have no real basis for your belief and will say just about anything to avoid trying to prove your belief. If you're so sure in your opinion that you want to grandstand on a message board about it, it should be really easy to lay out for us crazy cult members. Or you can let a football rivalry cloud your judgement, keeping focus off of the "professionals" at DPW, CYS, and TSM that failed the children, and be an enabler yourself.

Yes, frank fina, the lead Sandusky prosecutor, is biased. So is bob Costas. Louis Freeh.... Impeccable record. Just ask Richard Jewell.

Originally posted by pandaczar12:
See, you can't even get the most basic of facts right, joe said "with the benefit if hindsight, I wish I had done more". That means, know that I know that Jerry is a monster, I wish I had done more. Don't twist his words.

The problem is that no one has ever spent any time trying to convince us. You're simply saying "the world I flat and I don't have to prove it, and you're crazy to think it is round." You know as well as I do that you have no real basis for your belief and will say just about anything to avoid trying to prove your belief. If you're so sure in your opinion that you want to grandstand on a message board about it, it should be really easy to lay out for us crazy cult members. Or you can let a football rivalry cloud your judgement, keeping focus off of the "professionals" at DPW, CYS, and TSM that failed the children, and be an enabler yourself.
I don't consider PSU a football rival, so sorry. Try that with Pitt fans or something.

So why is Joe's statement that he wishes he would have done more, not enough for you and many others to realize he didn't do enough? He seemed to hold himself in part responsible. My basis for the belief is Joe Paterno's statement, I agree with him. Its tragic he, and numerous other people, didn't do more. He's probably rolling over in his grave watching the lengths that people are going through to absolve him of wrongdoing. So coming back to my original point, if your own prophet can't convince you, I don't expect anything I say to convince you.

Its troubling that the entire state is so messed up that they all let Sandusky go. The whole "you're the enabler" schtick is ridiculous, so you'd be best served dropping it.

Agree with Husker fans. Problem with the whole Penn State response and reaction to the filthy situation involving Jerry Sandusky. The vast majority of Penn state fans seemed more concerned with the football sanctions imposed by the NCAA and Dr Mark Emmerett (sp) than with securing justice for the victims or punishing the dozens or even hundreds of Penn State employees who enabled Jerry Sandusky by doing nothing to stop him. Penn State should have self-imposed the death penalty and failure to do so proves they didn't care about anything but the football team.

Even after the shower incident Joepa the coward watched JS use his football program and facilities as bait to lure in those poor boys. Its sad and disgusting.

He watched it to protect his precious program. The guy was such a disgusting ego maniac, who came up with the phrase grand experiment, as if he had the only program that won and ran a clean program.

And I don't have to tell you Husker fans about the refs Joepa owned for their home games. That 1982? blown call was ridiculous.

Finally Alabama put a stop to Joepa using refs with ties to PSU

Originally posted by ssmith84:

I don't consider PSU a football rival, so sorry. Try that with Pitt fans or something.

So why is Joe's statement that he wishes he would have done more, not enough for you and many others to realize he didn't do enough? He seemed to hold himself in part responsible. My basis for the belief is Joe Paterno's statement, I agree with him. Its tragic he, and numerous other people, didn't do more. He's probably rolling over in his grave watching the lengths that people are going through to absolve him of wrongdoing. So coming back to my original point, if your own prophet can't convince you, I don't expect anything I say to convince you.

Its troubling that the entire state is so messed up that they all let Sandusky go. The whole "you're the enabler" schtick is ridiculous, so you'd be best served dropping it.
All your rival talk is just distraction, you don't want to answer any of the tough questions. Why don't we get in to debating the definition of a rivalry now?

Did you not read my previous post? you twist Joe's words. Joe said "with the benefit if hindsight, I wish I had done more". That means, know that I know that Jerry is a monster, I wish I had done more. That is in no way an admission of guilt. So your entire opinion is based on twisting one sentence? Weak!

What more should Joe have done? He received a hearsay account the next day of at a minimum, a strange situation, at most... potential abuse. He witnessed nothing. He followed state law, university policy, and NCAA guidelines for handling such a situation. He put the witness in direct contact with the AD and the head of university police. That effectively removed Paterno from the situation. Joe even went so far as to follow up with the witness to ensure things were being handled appropriately. The witness seemed to have no problems associating with Sandusky for the next decade, because well he didn't see a crime. In fact the victim from the shower that night is on the record multiple times saying nothing happened that night. But back to the point, what should Paterno have done? Put on a cape and arrest Sandusky?

Of course you want me to drop the enabler discussion... because you want to sleep at night. Tell us why PSU/Paterno is more responsible for an ex-employee's crimes than the professionals at the DPW, CYS, and TSM? Surely you've researched the situation, and feel strongly that grandstanding about PSU/Paterno is the best way to help future victims. So help me learn from your genius. It wasn't PSU that cleared Sandusky to adopt children. It wasn't PSU that cleared him of all wrong doing in 1998. PSU reported Sandusky's behavior to his employer, and mandated reporter in 2001. Why don't you want to talk about the REAL problems?

Poor Jo Pa. Is that what you want us to say? I think he's a royal douchebag so I won't say it, but if we can get somebody to say it will you go away please? There has got to be a PSU circle jerk going on right now somewhere that's more than willing to have this conversation with you about how unfair Jo Pa was treated in all this, it just isn't happening here.

Originally posted by ssmith84:

All your rival talk is just distraction, you don't want to answer any of the tough questions. Why don't we get in to debating the definition of a rivalry now?

Did you not read my previous post? you twist Joe's words. Joe said "with the benefit if hindsight, I wish I had done more". That means, know that I know that Jerry is a monster, I wish I had done more. That is in no way an admission of guilt. So your entire opinion is based on twisting one sentence? Weak!

What more should Joe have done? He received a hearsay account the next day of at a minimum, a strange situation, at most... potential abuse. He witnessed nothing. He followed state law, university policy, and NCAA guidelines for handling such a situation. He put the witness in direct contact with the AD and the head of university police. That effectively removed Paterno from the situation. Joe even went so far as to follow up with the witness to ensure things were being handled appropriately. The witness seemed to have no problems associating with Sandusky for the next decade, because well he didn't see a crime. In fact the victim from the shower that night is on the record multiple times saying nothing happened that night. But back to the point, what should Paterno have done? Put on a cape and arrest Sandusky?

Of course you want me to drop the enabler discussion... because you want to sleep at night. Tell us why PSU/Paterno is more responsible for an ex-employee's crimes than the professionals at the DPW, CYS, and TSM? Surely you've researched the situation, and feel strongly that grandstanding about PSU/Paterno is the best way to help future victims. So help me learn from your genius. It wasn't PSU that cleared Sandusky to adopt children. It wasn't PSU that cleared him of all wrong doing in 1998. PSU reported Sandusky's behavior to his employer, and mandated reporter in 2001. Why don't you want to talk about the REAL problems?
Excellent points. Joe followed protocol..... PERIOD. He got a very ambiguous story from Mike M. and he did what the rulebook said to do.... pass this up the chain of command. It wasn't JoePa's job to prosecute this.

Buck, when someone tells you about child molestation, you're a sick son of a bitch if all you do is "pass it on".

There's a place in hell for you, right next to Paterno.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The legacy and the 410 wins are important because they = TRUTH

Originally posted by huskerbux:
G in Omaha and Chitown.

This board as well as most across the country feel the same. HTO and TT agreed in this thread....that alone should tell you how polarizing this subject is for your fans vs the rest of the country.

Our team knelt with yours on that Saturday in Happy Valley and I can honestly say I felt for your fans and team that day. Since then, it's been nothing but talk of keeping JoePas legacy and record intact.

What you and your fans don't see is that the rest of the country couldn't care less about joePa or the legacy or the records. And it sickens the rest of the country that is all you seem to care about. Your board is filled with threads on law suits and commisiion reports. Where are the threads for the victims? Where is the silence to let this pass so the victims and their families don't have to read EVERYDAY how bad things are for the PSU fan because JoePa legacy is tarnished? Cry me a f'ing river.

Don't give us a bunch of crap testimonies, or reports or whatever. Doesn't matter to the rest of the country. Get that through your heads.

There are few universities in this country that can say they had a powerful coach as JoePa at the helm. If the same had happened here under Tom, there is no way TO couldn't have pressed for more to be down. He had more power than anyone on campus and the state for that matter. If the same had happened here and the defense was that TO "did his job by reporting it" and then moved on, he would have been on an island.

So please don't look for sympathy from here or anywhere else until you guys figure out, the fight to find Joe innocent isn't the issue......its the loss of innocence of the victims you should be fighting for.
That's why we must fight to reconcile the past and set the record straight. The values that Joe taught make that fight worth the cost. It is impossible to move forward until ALL of the past has been corrected - the WINS, the LEGACY, the REPUTATION and the damages to the Paterno Family. The "victims" got $2 Million each. Many of them have very dubious stories and the person alleged to have been in the shower has dismissed that anything took place and furthermore stated that he was sad to see Joe lose his wins and the team punished for something that didn't happen.

Re: The legacy and the 410 wins are important because they = TRUTH

Your shit arguments have no effect on how much sleep I get nightly. You guys just don't know when to stop which is why your homeboard looks like a NAMBLA website

The fact you continue to correct me to make JoePa look worse is evidence of the perversion in state college enough.

Joe only wishes he had done more about being told about iffy behavior between a naked adult and child in the shower, because it turned out Sandusky was in fact a pedophile. Had Sanduksy not been outed as one, Paterno would have thought he did enough by your logic.

I'm bowing out if this thread, makes my skin crawl just talking about it.

Originally posted by Southeastern PA Buck:
Excellent points. Joe followed protocol..... PERIOD. He got a very ambiguous story from Mike M. and he did what the rulebook said to do.... pass this up the chain of command. It wasn't JoePa's job to prosecute this.
No but Joe knew if any outsider found out and reported it the school would be sued for 100's of millions, so while not criminal it was liable,as has been proven and undisputed by most everyone but the most delusional Joe worshipper.

That's why we must fight to reconcile the past and set the record straight. The values that Joe taught make that fight worth the cost. It is impossible to move forward until ALL of the past has been corrected - the WINS, the LEGACY, the REPUTATION and the damages to the Paterno Family. The "victims" got $2 Million each. Many of them have very dubious stories and the person alleged to have been in the shower has dismissed that anything took place and furthermore stated that he was sad to see Joe lose his wins and the team punished for something that didn't happen.
This is just disgusting. Those victims deserve compensation for PSU ignoring Jerry all those years. They'll be getting more compensation if the trials ever happen, because they'll show Joe's role in the coverup.

The cult freaks from PSU posting here will never acknowledge the truth of the situation. It really is pathological. They yell into their echo chamber.

They simply can't deal with the fact that Paterno was a phony bastard, their self anointed pristine status was always a joke and they blindly support a disgraced university and football program irrespective of what is obvious to the rest of the nation.

There is nothing to disabuse them their blind loyalty and support. JoePa and PSU football above all else in life. It's sick

Please stop stalling.

What I've clearly asked for a few times, was the data behind why you feel like you do. You obviously feel strongly about your opinion, so there should be strong evidence as to why you feel that way. I'm asking you to help me understand. All I've gotten is irrational emotional outbursts. It should be EASY for you to explain the facts, since I am so wrong. Start with debunking all the people I mention above who disagree with you (Frank Fina, Linda Kelly, Bob Costas, etc). If you use the Freeh report as the basis of your opinion, explain why all his other colossal failures don't matter, and how he can draw an opinion based solely on 2 vague emails without interviewing any of the key individuals.

Then I'd love to hear about all the criminal charges that were brought against Paterno. Then detail all the crimes the administrators (Curley, Spanier, Schultz) have been found guilty of.

There in lies your fatal error. No one told joe about molestation. If mike saw molestation, why didn't he stop it? Why didn't he or the few people he told immediately call the cops? One of those people he told that night was a mandetory reporter.

Even if Joe was told of molestation, consider this.... How would you feel if I told your boss that I saw you molesting a child... Would you prefer he immediately call the police? Surely you wouldn't mind being falsely accused based on hearsay. Or would you prefer he follow company policy for dealing with such an accusation?

What is really pathological is that you are here lecturing about a truth you can't seem to detail. What kind of sad life do you live that you search for PSU related threads to spread your lies? I guess you know more about the case than Frank Fina or Bob Costas?

Please stop stalling.

What I've clearly asked for a few times, was the data behind why you feel like you do. You obviously feel strongly about your opinion, so there should be strong evidence as to why you feel that way. I'm asking you to help me understand. All I've gotten is irrational emotional outbursts. It should be EASY for you to explain the facts, since I am so wrong. Start with debunking all the people I mention above who disagree with you (Frank Fina, Linda Kelly, Bob Costas, etc). If you use the Freeh report as the basis of your opinion, explain why all his other colossal failures don't matter, and how he can draw an opinion based solely on 2 vague emails without interviewing any of the key individuals.

Then I'd love to hear about all the criminal charges that were brought against Paterno. Then detail all the crimes the administrators (Curley, Spanier, Schultz) have been found guilty of.
MM's testimony at Jerry's trial, describes sodomy by the way. Joe may not be charged but he definitely would be in hot water over this if he were still alive. Curley and the others have PSU's endless bankroll paying their legal fees right now or they would likely already have a trial underway.

There in lies your fatal error. No one told joe about molestation. If mike saw molestation, why didn't he stop it? Why didn't he or the few people he told immediately call the cops? One of those people he told that night was a mandetory reporter.

Even if Joe was told of molestation, consider this.... How would you feel if I told your boss that I saw you molesting a child... Would you prefer he immediately call the police? Surely you wouldn't mind being falsely accused based on hearsay. Or would you prefer he follow company policy for dealing with such an accusation?
Joe used the word 'sexual" to describe MMs visit to the grand jury.

As you folks unfortunately see, there is no shame with die-hard cult members. They love to bleat to one another professing PSU's and Paterno's victim status.

Paterno was a thin skinned and vindictive man. He was also more powerful than anybody at PSU...or in that cow town.

I do enjoy when they spew their self-serving nonsense outside of their insular bubble and can't understand other's revulsion at the myopic lack of perspective. The true believers just can't understand why people around the nation can't see that they were the real victims here.

They will never process the fact that their pristine fantasy (that they bestowed on themselves) is gone. Paterno's legacy is forever in tatters. He died in disgrace. They will never understand that the more they fight to revise history the more desperate and pathetic they appear.

PSU has the most pathetic fanbase ever! I would ban these guys, but stupidity isn't against board rules.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Buck, when someone tells you about child molestation, you're a sick son of a bitch if all you do is "pass it on".

There's a place in hell for you, right next to Paterno.
Pass it up the chain is the LAW in Pennsy. Try to use less emotion and more logic. Joe wasn't Steven Segal.. he was a football coach. Try to comprehend the difference

Originally posted by orioles7:

No but Joe knew if any outsider found out and reported it the school would be sued for 100's of millions, so while not criminal it was liable,as has been proven and undisputed by most everyone but the most delusional Joe worshipper.
That is very much misguided conjecture. It sounds like something freeh would have written

This is just disgusting. Those victims deserve compensation for PSU ignoring Jerry all those years. They'll be getting more compensation if the trials ever happen, because they'll show Joe's role in the coverup.
The Commonwealth has already started to back away from these "trials" because they know they have nothing on C/S/S. The school should have waited until AFTER the legalities had been decided before writing checks to these people, But the cowardly BOT decided otherwise.

There was no coverup. Keep dreaming on that one. At worst it was a communication snafu.

The Commonwealth has already started to back away from these "trials" because they know they have nothing on C/S/S. The school should have waited until AFTER the legalities had been decided before writing checks to these people, But the cowardly BOT decided otherwise.

There was no coverup. Keep dreaming on that one. At worst it was a communication snafu.
I believe a trial will happen, and its the worst possible outcome for Joe's legacy. Now wether it takes 5 more years is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT