ADVERTISEMENT

Make John Parrella interim DC

Nebraska Fan

Graduate Assistant
Sep 1, 2004
From Shatel

perhaps he is picking up something. There is more and more on Eichorst dictating the Diaco hire. Guess MR will need to head back to Corvallis and figure out how to patch things up with Banker.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Well it was tongue in cheek, as I don't have any more confidence in Parrellas ability over anyone else.
I can understand where you're coming from and fortunately the team only needs to get through the next two games. IMO Parrella would be light years ahead working for someone like Snyder for a couple years or even FS then move on to DC at a mid major. He'll have a good future.

I can understand where you're coming from and fortunately the team only needs to get through the next two games. IMO Parrella would be light years ahead working for someone like Snyder for a couple years or even FS then move on to DC at a mid major. He'll have a good future.
It's hard to say. He'll have another shot to prove it. I wish him the best.

Reactions: otismotis08
From Shatel

perhaps he is picking up something. There is more and more on Eichorst dictating the Diaco hire. Guess MR will need to head back to Corvallis and figure out how to patch things up with Banker.
Smartest thing I've seen you post in several years.:cool:

I don't normally open links from this board due to a bad experience with a computer virus from some clown posting an infected link but I trusted that you wouldn't do that. Thanks. That's a good read and spot on but where was this assessment before it was so easy to pile on? Where was this article last year? Everybody knew we were still weak and got to 9 wins by the skin of our teeth. I hoped Riley could get things going this year and make us a consistent winner and supported him for the most part until it became painfully obvious to me during that Purdue game that his decision making was not up to par with what a college coach, heck a high school coach should be. I hoped but was skeptical that Diaco would make a difference. I wanted to give OUR coach the benefit of the doubt and argued for that with people publicly calling for his head for that reason. The going for it on 4th down in the 1st half TWICE in our own territory against Purdue was the last straw for me even though we won that game. Would I have continued to support him IF he had won some games? Sure, but I knew at that point that there was only one person that made those decisions and it wasn't his OC. As that great philosopher once said, "There's yer sign."

I don't normally open links from this board due to a bad experience with a computer virus from some clown posting an infected link but I trusted that you wouldn't do that. Thanks. That's a good read and spot on but where was this assessment before it was so easy to pile on? Where was this article last year? Everybody knew we were still weak and got to 9 wins by the skin of our teeth. I hoped Riley could get things going this year and make us a consistent winner and supported him for the most part until it became painfully obvious to me during that Purdue game that his decision making was not up to par with what a college coach, heck a high school coach should be. I hoped but was skeptical that Diaco would make a difference. I wanted to give OUR coach the benefit of the doubt and argued for that with people publicly calling for his head for that reason. The going for it on 4th down in the 1st half TWICE in our own territory against Purdue was the last straw for me even though we won that game. Would I have continued to support him IF he had won some games? Sure, but I knew at that point that there was only one person that made those decisions and it wasn't his OC. As that great philosopher once said, "There's yer sign."

I say this same thing about every one of Lee's stories - always too late, always after the fact. Pointless anecdotes to pile on.

Can you imagine Cook being told by SE to go observe Diaco to learn about coaching? Agree with others that Lee is usually a day late and a dollar short. He's had SE in his crosshairs ever since he was fired. If you know crazy stuff is going on, be a man and write about it while it's happening

I say this same thing about every one of Lee's stories - always too late, always after the fact. Pointless anecdotes to pile on.
I suspect there would have been some expletives uttered that were new even to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT