ADVERTISEMENT

Luke

Well Martinez missed last week with a knee injury. Vedral got hurt against Minnesota. So it is possible, but my gut says Vedral will start.

Why would McCaffrey run a limited number of plays? Either he starts and plays the entire game - or Martinez/Vedral start and Bunch is next in line.

They’re trying to preserve McCaffrey’s redshirt. They’ve already wasted one of his 4 games. Please don’t waste another.

Reactions: dckchusker
Why would McCaffrey run a limited number of plays? Either he starts and plays the entire game - or Martinez/Vedral start and Bunch is next in line.

They’re trying to preserve McCaffrey’s redshirt. They’ve already wasted one of his 4 games. Please don’t waste another.
If Martinez is back, he's not going to get any playing time anyway. We're struggling to get to bowl eligibility so I doubt we get to see much if any of McCaffrey after this game.

Either Vedral got hurt worse than it looked or McCaffrey has simply passed him. Seemed like just a leg bruise the way it looked but maybe he also hurt his knee.

Reactions: jlh19801
If Martinez is back, he's not going to get any playing time anyway. We're struggling to get to bowl eligibility so I doubt we get to see much if any of McCaffrey after this game.

Right - it’s either all or nothing with McCaffrey. If Martinez and Vedral need one more week to heal, McCaffrey gets the start and Bunch is the backup.

If Martinez is back, McCaffrey doesn’t play.

Right - it’s either all or nothing with McCaffrey. If Martinez and Vedral need one more week to heal, McCaffrey gets the start and Bunch is the backup.

If Martinez is back, McCaffrey doesn’t play.

Yep, that makes sense to me.

Bunch actually did pretty well. Was a great throw on the run to JD that would have given us first and goal at the 1 if JD didn't fall down.

Martinez will start. McCaffrey will have a few designed plays..
I wouldn't waste redshirt if only going to use him on a few plays. I would hope it's a series or two or so. That way it's meaningful game time experience. His arm is good and accurate

I wouldn't waste redshirt if only going to use him on a few plays. I would hope it's a series or two or so. That way it's meaningful game time experience. His arm is good and accurate

Even if it is just a few plays, he won't be wasting a redshirt because of it. He will have two additional games to play in after this one without burning a shirt. If he participates in a 5th game, then the shirt is burned.

Even if it is just a few plays, he won't be wasting a redshirt because of it. He will have two additional games to play in after this one without burning a shirt. If he participates in a 5th game, then the shirt is burned.

Then wait until the last 3 games to get him snaps if he isn't playing the entire game. If Martinez goes down again you need to preserve when he can play.

Reactions: timnsun
Understand. But a few plays would be a waste.

Then wait until the last 3 games to get him snaps if he isn't playing the entire game. If Martinez goes down again you need to preserve when he can play.

IDK. I'd rather play him in games we have a chance to win rather than games we have little to no shot in (Wiscy, Iowa). Let somebody like Vedral or Bunch get beat down in those.

Reactions: bshirt73
I’d be happy with a pro-style martinez and using a Mcaf or Noah RPO game with more of an emphasis on Run. They really need to mix things up on offense and get creative.

Martinez is NOT 100%.That being said, my only source for Nebraska football says Vedral will start but McCaffrey will play.

I’m not sure who the shots are being directed toward. I completely understand the redshirt rule. It only makes sense for McCaffrey to play if they’re planning to use him for the entire game because AM is still hurt. Now is not the time to get a few series here and there. Do that the last 3 games of the year.

McCaffrey took the most snaps with the #1s this week FWIW. I can't see him starting but verduzco is ready to play him.

Reactions: bshirt73
Some of you are sad sad people. I ask an honest question and get some pretty douche like answers. Way to go dudes, this board is a kind of a joke with all the trolls.
Here is some background on the board. The only people who had any knowledge of the program knew people from the Solich era. They have slowly lost all of their contacts over the number of coaching changes and Frosty is incredibly close with information about the program. Some college kids might know a few players who have loose lips but this is discouraged, especially when it comes to injury information. Back when Riley was hired the insiders said Tressel was involved and might be hired....that was all I needed to hear to forget about the insiders.

Here is some background on the board. The only people who had any knowledge of the program knew people from the Solich era. They have slowly lost all of their contacts over the number of coaching changes and Frosty is incredibly close with information about the program. Some college kids might know a few players who have loose lips but this is discouraged, especially when it comes to injury information. Back when Riley was hired the insiders said Tressel was involved and might be hired....that was all I needed to hear to forget about the insiders.
This is 100% true for all of the boards. There was a ton of inside info coming in during the solich years and still a fair amount when callahan was here, but now all we really have is what we hear from the parents of players or students who are friends with players. I have a couple of friends who are parents of players but they don't share much. It's pretty tight lipped within the program now.

giphy.gif

I’m not sure who the shots are being directed toward. I completely understand the redshirt rule. It only makes sense for McCaffrey to play if they’re planning to use him for the entire game because AM is still hurt. Now is not the time to get a few series here and there. Do that the last 3 games of the year.
Mccaffery isn't going to play an entire game this season. Time is running out, we need to start to ease him in. He'll get murdered if he plays against little red. Indy is a good opportunity to get him in theee a little.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT