ADVERTISEMENT

Linebacker gone too

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Hopefully we get that scholly back in this cycle. No clue what the rules are on that.

Damn its Simmons. I had really high hopes for him. Best of luck to him.

That sucks, but do we get a scholarship back out of this? WHERE IS TUCO WHEN YOU NEED HIM!?

That bad head injury suffered last August really set him back. And then when he was finally healthy, Avery Roberts joined the Fray in the Spring. Mo Barry and Roberts look to be the 2nd team ILBs going forward.

This is why it's silly to freak out about class numbers in June. There's always attrition. Every. Single. Year.

Yeah, and you guys did a good job of pointing out why: He got injured, and then other dudes moved pretty well ahead of him. I get leaving, at that point. I'm glad we now have 16 spots available for 2018! By the way we've been recruiting, we'll need every single spot!

This is why it's silly to freak out about class numbers in June. There's always attrition. Every. Single. Year.

And remember that only about 50% actually make a significant contribution on the field. Winking

That sucks, but do we get a scholarship back out of this? WHERE IS TUCO WHEN YOU NEED HIM!?

Sort of. Yes we can use the scholarship again in 2018, but we will be down a scholarship player for the 2017 season, or you can add it to the growing pile of available for a walk on for 1 season, and again use it for 2018 class.

Yeah, and you guys did a good job of pointing out why: He got injured, and then other dudes moved pretty well ahead of him. I get leaving, at that point. I'm glad we now have 16 spots available for 2018! By the way we've been recruiting, we'll need every single spot!

Got to make room for the next four-star recuit!

That bad head injury suffered last August really set him back. And then when he was finally healthy, Avery Roberts joined the Fray in the Spring. Mo Barry and Roberts look to be the 2nd team ILBs going forward.

Yep he was running third string and the guys ahead of him are making huge strides.

Reactions: DudznSudz
Sort of. Yes we can use the scholarship again in 2018, but we will be down a scholarship player for the 2017 season, or you can add it to the growing pile of available for a walk on for 1 season, and again use it for 2018 class.

Are you really "down a scholarship player" if the guy wouldn't have played?

Are you really "down a scholarship player" if the guy wouldn't have played?

Did I say contributing player or did I say scholarship player? If we had 81 players on scholarship and are now down to 79 by definition we are down 2 scholarship players for 2017. If we use your definition, when we replace those 6 available scholarships with former walkons are they some how not scholarship players if they don't play?

Did I say contributing player or did I say scholarship player? If we had 81 players on scholarship and are now down to 79 by definition we are down 2 scholarship players for 2017. If we use your definition, when we replace those 6 available scholarships with former walkons are they some how not scholarship players if they don't play?

Well shoot, every year we RS 15 kids we're down 15 scholarship players! Get them on the field! Good thing we can make it up by giving scholarships to walkons.

He was not going to be more than special teams contributor this year - so not big in terms of LB PT.....hurts depth of course. Recruiting has to address the depth and hopefully find someone with more upside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT