ADVERTISEMENT

Let's say the guy is 50, and a (cute) 36 y/o girl wants to date him cause she's into older men

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Is that OK? Asking for a friend....and i'm actually really curious about others thoughts on it.

Don't complain about the OT please, like the board needs my opinion on AM or clock management, and the title gave it away. Plus, I don't care.

I really was curious, my daughter kind of turned her nose up at the idea, and it got me wondering what others thoughts were. Thanks.

I see nothing wrong with it at all, so long as the young woman isn't looking for some kind of "daddy" figure. In other words, unless the young woman is kind of f$cked up. I knew a guy who was 58 who dated a girl who was 27. And they ended up getting married. They are still married ten years later. So it can work

Is that OK? Asking for a friend....and i'm actually really curious about others thoughts on it.

Don't complain about the OT please, like the board needs my opinion on AM or clock management, and the title gave it away. Plus, I don't care.

Divide the age by two, then add 7. This is the minimum age.
(50 / 2) + 7 = 32 ... So no problem.

Also, pics or GTFO.

You have to verify that she is being honest. You have to REALLY be sure. If she's just using the age excuse to mask that she just wants you because you're super hot and buff, that is complete BS! Make her level with you and be honest with you before you take any action.

I really appreciate it guys, serious. Nothing wrong with her at all, in fact she's the first girl I've dated, I mean my friend has dated, since his divorce, that was completely normal and didn't come from an abusive background. Great family, decent terms with her ex. It's all good.

Last edited:

not really ok, you should direct her more towards the 53 year old leos on this board

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
How does that FIFY thing work?

"cause she's into older men's money"
You gotta be careful of this. Even more than the daddy complex thing. As a former college prof I can tell you I saw a lot of college age girls dating guys in their late 40's and early 50's purely because these guys were sugar daddys. Some young girls think money and cars and trips and restaurants and designer clothes are more important than age and looks and so on. So if you are a rich dude in that age bracket... enjoy! Lol

You gotta be careful of this. Even more than the daddy complex thing. As a former college prof I can tell you I saw a lot of college age girls dating guys in their late 40's and early 50's purely because these guys were sugar daddys. Some young girls think money and cars and trips and restaurants and designer clothes are more important than age and looks and so on. So if you are a rich dude in that age bracket... enjoy! Lol
that won't be a problem, hopefully she has money though..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Here's a 49 y/o that might be interested in a date:

ujdVn.jpg

A wise man once told me of the “ half plus seven” rule.

If you take your age, divide by half then add 7 years, thats the youngest she can be without it being creepy.

So in your case 32 is the number and 36 is all good.

That being said. Go for it you lucky bastard.

Edit: I missed this referenced above. Didnt mean to co opt another persons post

Last edited:
A wise man once told me of the “ half plus seven” rule.

If you take your age, divide by half then add 7 years, thats the youngest she can be without it being creepy.

So in your case 32 is the number and 36 is all good.

That being said. Go for it you lucky bastard.

Sorry, my version is divide your age in half and subtract 7. Works for me.

Reminds me of a joke: Two buddies are talking. The first one says "Me and the wife went to one of my old favorite hangouts the other night and when we walked in, all the guys there started shouting "pedo" and 'cradle robber' and stuff like that. Really bothered me."

His buddy says "Hey, you are 55 years old and you got a hot, 21 year old wife. You have to expect that sort of thing. Don't worry, those guys are all just jealous."

The first guy slowly nods his head and says "Maybe so. But it sure ruined our 10th wedding anniversary."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT