ADVERTISEMENT

Let's bring it next saturday

shine003

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 25, 2005
Big weekend. Wisconsin coming to town. We haven't looked great this season and people are grumbling but we are 2-0 in the Big ten and have everything to play for next Saturday night. Let's hope the fans bring it, the stadium is rocking and maybe we can pull off the upset. Support these guys and maybe we can salvage this season.

Last edited:
This team is playing better. Will it be enough next week? A monumental task but one that can be done. Extra day now to look at Wisky and make great preparations, it's going to be a fun time.

I hope everyone realizes that if we win this week odds are fairly good that we win the division...

With all the bad that's happened... Just saying.

Reactions: jeans15
I hope everyone realizes that if we win this week odds are fairly good that we win the division...

With all the bad that's happened... Just saying.
Not really. Wisconsin has an extremely easy conference schedule. They might have one more tough opponent in Michigan and Iowa. NU will likely need a win versus OSU or PSU and take care of Iowa to have a chance at winning a tiebreak.

Reactions: jeans15
Not really. Wisconsin has an extremely easy conference schedule. They might have one more tough opponent in Michigan and Iowa. NU will likely need a win versus OSU or PSU and take care of Iowa to have a chance at winning a tiebreak.
If we beat Wisconsin and then win against those we thought we would beat before the season began, we lose 2 in conference. If Wisconsin loses to either Michigan or Iowa we have the tiebreak against them.

The key for us is to beat everybody not named OSU or PSU. We do that, and then let the chips fall where they may.

Edit: tall order for us, but that’s what needs to happen to give us a chance.

Making my once a year pilgrimage to Lincoln for this game. Since moving to the east coast in 1988 I have come to Lincoln once, and sometimes twice, a year for a game. And in that time Nebraska is 32-1 in games I have attended. That one loss was to Texas in 1998.

So, obviously, the odds say we are going to win.

If we beat Wisconsin and then win against those we thought we would beat before the season began, we lose 2 in conference. If Wisconsin loses to either Michigan or Iowa we have the tiebreak against them.

The key for us is to beat everybody not named OSU or PSU. We do that, and then let the chips fall where they may.

Edit: tall order for us, but that’s what needs to happen to give us a chance.
Would also add that you need Wisconsin to lose 2. With that schedule, I think they have a real good chance of winning out, and we would have to match them. That's tough.

Would also add that you need Wisconsin to lose 2. With that schedule, I think they have a real good chance of winning out, and we would have to match them. That's tough.
If we win there’s one loss... thy just need to lose one more, I say to Michigan. But again, we need to beat everybody else but OSU and PSU. Both schools have 2 losses, we have head to head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT