ADVERTISEMENT

Lee Sapp death

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
RIP. Founded Sapp Brothers with his brothers. He was a great supporter of Nebraska athletics over the years. I think it was him who some years ago bought 12,000 tickets shortly before kickoff to keep the streak alive. It was a game during a not-so-great season in really bad weather to an uninteresting opponent.

RIP. Founded Sapp Brothers with his brothers. He was a great supporter of Nebraska athletics over the years. I think it was him who some years ago bought 12,000 tickets shortly before kickoff to keep the streak alive. It was a game during a not-so-great season in really bad weather to an uninteresting opponent.
12000 would seem like a stretch. USUALLY, only tickets unsold and available are returns from the visiting team . Wouldn't surprise me if he ponied up

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
A great man that was a huge benefactor to UNL,UNL, and Peru St. Cook and Sapp wrote lots of checks to UNL over the years. Time for the younger donors to step up and carry the torch.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I believe one of the Sapp brothers lives in Ashland, is this him?

Prayers to the family.

The student rec center on the UNL campus is also thanks to him. The dorm cafeterias help put on the "freshman fifteen," and he helped take it off.

Got to know Mr. Sapp throughout the years and he was a very generous man. Super smart and hard working as well. All Nebraskans really should read his book about the life and times here in Nebraska. He was a true Husker all his life and really has made Nebraska what it is today in many different areas. He grew up in small towns in SE Nebraska.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT