Votes: 18 8.2%
  • PJ Fleck

Votes: 108 49.3%
  • Jeff Brohm

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
KF, he's paid so much for so little.

That isn't his fault.
Kirk is like a fireman...he gets paid way too much and is a "hero" but...doesn't really earn it...but when you look at it you realize it isn't his fault that he gets paid that much and it isn't his fault that he gets worshiped.

Reactions: c2o
I voted for Fitzgerald. Yes, Fleck is annoying but he hasn't been around long enough to truly get my attention. Fitzgerald is slick. He comes across as this classy guy but in reality I think he is an arrogant prick. As such, he perfectly represents his school, which is completely populated with elitist pricks.

Don't understand the Ferentz hate in the votes. He doesn't move my emotion meter too far in any direction. He just seems beige and "blah" to me.

Agree on Ferentz. The guy has never done anything I've ever seen to dislike him. He actually reminds me of TO. Both are about as dry as rice cakes, so no reason to dislike him.

That isn't his fault.
Kirk is like a fireman...he gets paid way too much and is a "hero" but...doesn't really earn it...but when you look at it you realize it isn't his fault that he gets paid that much and it isn't his fault that he gets worshiped.
As the son of a firefighter I couldn't disagree more with your assessment.
My father once spent a month in the burn unit after hauling a young mother out of a burning apartment complex on his back. If you saw his suffering I doubt you would say his salary that year was too much.

As the son of a firefighter I couldn't disagree more with your assessment.
My father once spent a month in the burn unit after hauling a young mother out of a burning apartment complex on his back. If you saw his suffering I doubt you would say his salary that year was too much.
They should take every penny they can, and they should ask and demand for more and if I was a fireman I would take it all and demand more too.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
That isn't his fault.
Thats some bull crap right there.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
You sure?
Nah, I’m not sure, no way to be.

I just can’t fathom that any Riley supporters would vote for Frost in this poll... even riley’s most ardent supporters on this board have said in their posts they like the frost hire. I guess I’m basing my opinion on that.

Nah, I’m not sure, no way to be.

I just can’t fathom that any Riley supporters would vote for Frost in this poll... even riley’s most ardent supporters on this board have said in their posts they like the frost hire. I guess I’m basing my opinion on that.
You must gloss over a lot of the butthurt coalition then.
Just sayin Im guessin it aint all iowa fans voting Frost.

Harbaugh be my pick. Urban is a douche but a great coach. James Franklin seems o.k.. Dantonio kinda abrasive but a good coach.

Urban isn't a great B1G coach. He is a great salesman and recruiter of talent. Against certain programs, he has a major talent advantage.

He doesn't rely on the run game enough. His 2015 and 2017 teams should have been in the CFP Final 4, but his coaching bounced him, when he failed to use a balanced attack ... grind out his opponent with or establishing a power run game.

His discipline or should I say lack of patience and use of the power run game has been his major shortcoming, while in B1G, imho.

He finally earned his first 1k rusher in his career as a college football coach, while in Columbus. However, for all the players and teams he has in Columbus, the # of B1G title game wins, then advancements into CFP are low.

He likes video game numbers, which isn't how football ultimately is played at times.

James Franklin isn't my favorite, but he could turn out to be a Pat Fitzgerald who earns some respect over time?

Mark Dantonio is horrible in off the field management. He lost some Mojo in 2017, coming off 2016 and the off the field issues in East Lansing?

Jim Harbaugh is the Waldo of Big Ten coaches. Here is another classic comparison.

Urban isn't a great B1G coach. He is a great salesman and recruiter of talent. Against certain programs, he has a major talent advantage.

He doesn't rely on the run game enough. His 2015 and 2017 teams should have been in the CFP Final 4, but his coaching bounced him, when he failed to use a balanced attack ... grind out his opponent with or establishing a power run game.

His discipline or should I say lack of patience and use of the power run game has been his major shortcoming, while in B1G, imho.

He finally earned his first 1k rusher in his career as a college football coach, while in Columbus. However, for all the players and teams he has in Columbus, the # of B1G title game wins, then advancements into CFP are low.

He likes video game numbers, which isn't how football ultimately is played at times.

James Franklin isn't my favorite, but he could turn out to be a Pat Fitzgerald who earns some respect over time?

Mark Dantonio is horrible in off the field management. He lost some Mojo in 2017, coming off 2016 and the off the field issues in East Lansing?

Jim Harbaugh is the Waldo of Big Ten coaches. Here is another classic comparison.

Gotta disagree on Urban. What he's done in his career you can't ignore. And when he won a National title with a 3rd string QB ...that was incredible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim14510
I had to vote anti-Frost since this is an Iowa fan poll. I would have picked Miles if it was a Jaysker poll.

That isn't his fault.
Troll, troll troll my boat gently down the stream.

So you don’t think skill at cribbage and cooking merits a nice salary and sweet pension? I suppose you don’t think an appreciation of donuts should be a factor in police pay either?

Fleck_Oar.0.jpg

Steeped in gayness..

Troll, troll troll my boat gently down the stream.

So you don’t think skill at cribbage and cooking merits a nice salary and sweet pension? I suppose you don’t think an appreciation of donuts should be a factor in police pay either?

This is awesome!!! Ha

KF, he's paid so much for so little.
He has been National coach of the year more times than any in the West- even Coach Frost- paid less than Frost too.

For me it’s Fleck - in a class of his own

I'm writing in Bret Bielema. Even after a five-year absence, none of the others can surpass that slob.
I 2nd that.

Depends on the day for Fitz. Some stories I'm like "he seems like a great guy" other times he seems like a fake d-bag.

Flake is too new. Maybe if he started being successful he'd get annoying.

I'm a bears fan too and always been a Lovie fan. Been pulling for him to do well since he took over.

The rest are just bleh.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
He has been National coach of the year more times than any in the West- even Coach Frost- paid less than Frost too.

For me it’s Fleck - in a class of his own
And how many undefeated seasons does Ferentz have? Frost has more undefeated seasons in 2 years as coach than ferentz does in 20... that’s why he’s making more money than ferentz I guess...

And how many undefeated seasons does Ferentz have? Frost has more undefeated seasons in 2 years as coach than ferentz does in 20... that’s why he’s making more money than ferentz I guess...
He doesn’t have any. I believe the post was replying to a poster that said he gets paid so much, for doing so little.

FWIW, Ferentz makes too much, and Frost does too. It is beyond obscene.

Fleck I believe makes less than both, as is an unappealing personality on top of it.

90% of those 9 votes are Iowa fans and lurkers.
I’m glad they hate Frost already. Only one reason to hate him - they fear what he will do in the future. That’s the reason I dislike Kirk - he has kicked our ass the past three seasons. That’s the reason Iowa fans loved the $50k coach.

Gotta disagree on Urban. What he's done in his career you can't ignore. And when he won a National title with a 3rd string QB ...that was incredible.

Eh...chalk that title up to luck. He doesn't win a title with the other 2 qbs under center that year.

I guess I don't see what you are talking about with Meyer. His teams are consistently in the top 10 in both Rushing YPG and YPC.

The 2015 team lost one game to Michigan St who had a Top 10 rush defense but was 100th against the pass.

The 2017 team lost to Oklahoma because they couldn't stop Baker Mayfield in the passing game, then they had the embarrassment in Iowa City. I am not sure either of those losses could be contributed to lack of establishing the run.

I am not sure the lack of 1000 yard rusher is a big factor either. He always has tons of RB talent.

I don't get the impression that Frost's offense is going to be producing tons of 1000 yard rushers either. Too many guys involved in the run game and more of a passing game than many want to believe.

Urban Meyer has lost 8 total games and 3 Big Ten games in 6 years at Ohio St. I guess if the standard is perfection he is not reaching the standard, by every other standard he is a great coach.

I guess I don't see what you are talking about with Meyer. His teams are consistently in the top 10 in both Rushing YPG and YPC.

The 2015 team lost one game to Michigan St who had a Top 10 rush defense but was 100th against the pass.

The 2017 team lost to Oklahoma because they couldn't stop Baker Mayfield in the passing game, then they had the embarrassment in Iowa City. I am not sure either of those losses could be contributed to lack of establishing the run.

I am not sure the lack of 1000 yard rusher is a big factor either. He always has tons of RB talent.

I don't get the impression that Frost's offense is going to be producing tons of 1000 yard rushers either. Too many guys involved in the run game and more of a passing game than many want to believe.

Urban Meyer has lost 8 total games and 3 Big Ten games in 6 years at Ohio St. I guess if the standard is perfection he is not reaching the standard, by every other standard he is a great coach.
My thoughts exactly. If Meyer isn't a great Big 10 coach then who is?? Ferentz?? Harbaugh?? LolRollingLaugh

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT