• PJ Fleck

Votes: 108 49.3%
  • Jeff Brohm

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

SWIowahawks

Senior
Sep 2, 2006
Which Big Ten West coach do you dislike he most?

Scott Frost seems like a good dude and hasn’t beat Iowa yet so he is out for me.

Jeff Brohm is still playing the under dog role and I like underdogs so he is out.

Same with Lovie Smith, plus I’m a Bears fan.

Chryst seems like a genuine guy that I haven’t found a way to dislike even though he has owned Iowa.

PJ Fleck is extremely annoying and is a punchable person so I think he is second.

My least favorite coach is Pat Fitzgerald. He circles Iowa on the schedule and is a thorn in Kirk’s side it seems like. He is too rah-rah for me and I hate how he ends press conferences with “Go Cats” while putting up a claw with his hand.

All I read on this site is how much of a D bag PJ Fleck is. I am guessing he could win this poll from that history. I don't know much about him and haven't watched any interviews.

Like lite, I don't really dislike any of them...

I voted for Ferentz, guy just seems way too smug for my taste, plus his son is an a$$. Wish I could have voted for two because PJ really gets under my skin. My favorite would be Fitzgerald.

Last edited:
A year ago I would have said KF but after Fleck's first year, he takes the cake IMO. He's extremely annoying.

I voted for Fitzgerald. Yes, Fleck is annoying but he hasn't been around long enough to truly get my attention. Fitzgerald is slick. He comes across as this classy guy but in reality I think he is an arrogant prick. As such, he perfectly represents his school, which is completely populated with elitist pricks.

Don't understand the Ferentz hate in the votes. He doesn't move my emotion meter too far in any direction. He just seems beige and "blah" to me.

A few years ago I know who would have won this poll in a landslide. Fleck assumes the title now.

Gotta go with fleck. Living in Minnesota, his antics and energy are so annoying.

I voted for Fitzgerald. Yes, Fleck is annoying but he hasn't been around long enough to truly get my attention. Fitzgerald is slick. He comes across as this classy guy but in reality I think he is an arrogant prick. As such, he perfectly represents his school, which is completely populated with elitist pricks.

Don't understand the Ferentz hate in the votes. He doesn't move my emotion meter too far in any direction. He just seems beige and "blah" to me.

In my dealings with Fitzgerald, when my kid went to his camps, he was always a pretty cool dude. Even in private he was/ is pretty much the guy you see, nothing fake.

I voted for Ferentz because an Iowa guy started this poll.

RTB doesn't really bother me much his antics are a little over the top, but he has passion for football and life and does things his way.

It’s a more constant stream of RTB living here in the twin cities, which is probably why I picked him. If I wasn’t in the TC, I wouldn’t hear as much as I do now, and my pick would likely be different.

Watched some Fleck motivational pre-game speeches...his players look humored more than motivated. It's comical...to me that's a problem. 2 speeches and I was already tired of hearing it...I imagine the players do too. He got my vote

It’s a more constant stream of RTB living here in the twin cities, which is probably why I picked him. If I wasn’t in the TC, I wouldn’t hear as much as I do now, and my pick would likely be different.

Have relatives in the twin cities... They like him he just changed their narrative to Brick by Brick to the Row the Boat.

I liked the Brick by Brick better because they built a new outdoor football Stadium to look like the one they tore down and that was their theme building the football program Brick by Brick.

In my dealings with Fitzgerald, when my kid went to his camps, he was always a pretty cool dude. Even in private he was/ is pretty much the guy you see, nothing fake.

I voted for Ferentz because an Iowa guy started this poll.

RTB doesn't really bother me much his antics are a little over the top, but he has passion for football and life and does things his way.
That is actually good to know about Fitzgerald. I will defer to your assessment of him since you have some personal experience with him.
In that case my vote goes to ... Fleck. His antics don't bother me too much, it just gets old. Seems contrived.

Brohm easily for his fake kneel plays. I'm waiting for a real kneel down where his quarterback gets destroyed. he has it coming big time.

Which Big Ten West coach do you dislike he most?

Scott Frost seems like a good dude and hasn’t beat Iowa yet so he is out for me.

Jeff Brohm is still playing the under dog role and I like underdogs so he is out.

Same with Lovie Smith, plus I’m a Bears fan.

Chryst seems like a genuine guy that I haven’t found a way to dislike even though he has owned Iowa.

PJ Fleck is extremely annoying and is a punchable person so I think he is second.

My least favorite coach is Pat Fitzgerald. He circles Iowa on the schedule and is a thorn in Kirk’s side it seems like. He is too rah-rah for me and I hate how he ends press conferences with “Go Cats” while putting up a claw with his hand.

Mine is similar to yours. I really don't find any of them annoying, other than PJ Fleck, and to a lesser degree, Past Fitzgerald. And to me PJ Fleck's far too over the top phony enthusiasm becomes really irritating.

I tend to agree. Now throw in the BT West basketball coaches and maybe it gets a little more play.

Fran would top that list for me. Gawd, he is an irritating human being. He and Turgeon are two of the biggest whiners in the country.

Fleck_Oar.0.jpg

Fleck is #1. He's Jim Harbaugh with none of the cache of Jim Harbaugh.

Ferentz is #2 only because he's boring as hell and It gets old listening to how he'd be this amazing NFL coach who everyone wants when he's still average as acollege coach.

Everyone else is meh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT