ADVERTISEMENT

Langsdorf

Indiana? held us to 360 yards ( yes I realize their defense is better)

And they held Ohio State to 370 yards, in Columbus.

Last year was filled with questionable late calls and some bad game plans

Last year is over; this program has moved forward while a select few of you keep looking in the rear-view mirror, and we all know why.

Situationally, it's pretty easy to critique a called play. But if you look at a whole game, especially a game that's won, you're not gonna get a whole lot of traction complaining.

I can only speak for myself. I don't know all of our formations, and each of the plays run from the various formations. I don't know the game plans, which plays are feeding tendencies to exploit on future plays. Who on the other team plays aggressively or stays at home, who's flat-footed or slow to react, etc, I don't any of that and I'm not gonna take ANY TIME at all to look at it. At least to me, there's more to playcalling than just down and distance.

Unless it's a really bone-headed play call, it's just a play that didn't work.

Reactions: timnsun
Without the injuries on offense we would have scored over 40 points on Indiana. Langsdorf has this offense running well and if we can get healthy there isn't a defense in the B1G that can shut us down. Slow us down, yes. That is what good defenses do. But this offense is hard to stop

Without the injuries on offense we would have scored over 40 points on Indiana. Langsdorf has this offense running well and if we can get healthy there isn't a defense in the B1G that can shut us down. Slow us down, yes. That is what good defenses do. But this offense is hard to stop

dare I say our offense is ...... multiple?

So basically you are going to piss and moan forever about some calls you didn't like last year?
They're not off the hook for last year. I still have a problem with how an experienced staff such as this only won 6 games with a team that should have won a minimum of 10 games. The clock management, penalties, and just complete buffoonery I will not forget anytime soon.

Most on here give them a pass for some reason and attack everyone that won't kiss their asses. They have a lot to prove. Oh we're in the top 10 blah, blah, blah. We haven't played anyone good yet.

Then they'll be others that say I want them to lose. On the contrary, I wanna win them all. A 10 win showing and a good bowl game is a good start. Recruiting must improve quite a bit though. We are not recruiting well.

I somewhat agree that last year is relevant, but it shouldn't be the sole factor in judging how good he is... Just as some are maybe giving too much weight to most of this year, others are giving too much weight to last year.

It's clear by husker fiend's posts that he is not a DL fan and never will be. Not a single post in this thread giving credit to DL for anything, and his primary proof is Purdue last year.

Clearly DL is much better this year but not in fiend's eyes. Why can't he give credit where credit is due?
Credit for what? I wish Riley would call the plays.

Credit for what? I wish Riley would call the plays.
I know you do, and I can respect that position. But he doesn't... and our offense has actually been pretty good this year (apart from this last game). DL has shown himself to be a good OC in the eyes of most. Just don't get why you can't see it. Blinded by his past I guess.

They're not off the hook for last year. I still have a problem with how an experienced staff such as this only won 6 games with a team that should have won a minimum of 10 games. The clock management, penalties, and just complete buffoonery I will not forget anytime soon.

Most on here give them a pass for some reason and attack everyone that won't kiss their asses. They have a lot to prove. Oh we're in the top 10 blah, blah, blah. We haven't played anyone good yet.

Then they'll be others that say I want them to lose. On the contrary, I wanna win them all. A 10 win showing and a good bowl game is a good start. Recruiting must improve quite a bit though. We are not recruiting well.

Wow you are really just throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks. Should have won 10 games? LOL, OK. Transition years are tough and miscommunications, etc happen. Probably time to get over it. And recruiting must improve??? We have had more 4 and 5 star prospects on campus this year than anyone in the nation, with two more 4 stars coming this week. Now feel free to run back to the Penguin board.

Last edited:
No need to call me any names. I know you're retarded but didn't say so.
We'll see what the court of public opinion says about your assertion that we suck at recruiting (my words, not yours).

Someone is being retarded, but I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Reactions: headcard
Wow you are really just throwing crap
against the wall to see what sticks. Should have won 10 games? LOL, OK. Transition years are tough and miscommunications, etc happen. Probably time to get over it. And recruiting must improve??? We have had more 4 and 5 star prospects on campus this year than anyone in the nation, with two more 4 stars coming this week. Now feel free to run back to the Penguin board.
You're correct in that we have an outlandish amount of 4 and 5 stars committed. I miss spoke and apologize for that. Recruiting is extremely good. We might make the top 25 yet!

Ha ha ha, this is great. What are the Vegas odds on who wins this one? Why does EVERY thread turn into a passing match about last year, last regime, last championship, good grief.

Reactions: GBRhuskers
And they held Ohio State to 370 yards, in Columbus.

Last year is over; this program has moved forward while a select few of you keep looking in the rear-view mirror, and we all know why.
And the bo-card is played again and again. The only people who are stuck in the past are posters like you and your few groupies

Reactions: HuskerFiend
This is exactly my point, how long can you bitch and moan about Purdue last year? I know run the ball guy was upset with how many times we threw it, but were also behind big all game. I think way too much was made over DL's struggles last year, we moved the ball well and put up points in a transition year. This year, he knows his personnel better and we have been able to drastically reduce the TO's that have plagued us for a decade. Those end of game miscommunications tend to happen in a transition year, which is why most people will tell you years two and three are far better gauges to judge a new staff. Why remain fixated on the early part of last year (when we showed great growth after the Purdue game) and ignore all the positive things happening in Lincoln? It's like going to a free kegger and complaining that the beers too cold.
lots of good happening and so far this year things re much better I agree. My point is however we are six games into the year coming into our hardest games against the best defenses we will have faced. Before everyone says Langford is great maybe we should see how the year finishes. Last year is past I agree and was a transition year but it is the only full year we have at this point to say whether he is a good OC or not .

You don't see we should have won a minimum 10 games last year? Transition year? Lol You're a fool!

That team was in no way a ten win team, they had nowhere near the talent of the nine win team the year before and had a new staff. If you don't understand the difficulty of a transition year, I don't know what to tell you. Just look at how much we improved last year. We have now won 9 of our last 10, but feel free to fixate on the early part of last year. Were you really happier before this staff got here? Did you want to keep on with BoBo's shit show?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
That team was in no way a ten win team, they had nowhere near the talent of the nine win team the year before and had a new staff. If you don't understand the difficulty of a transition year, I don't know what to tell you. Just look at how much we improved last year. We have now won 9 of our last 10, but feel free to fixate on the early part of last year. Were you really happier before this staff got here? Did you want to keep on with BoBo's shit show?
I don't know why you make the assumption I'm in love with the past staff. I'm not, they didn't get it done. Look at the losses last year. You can't see 4 more wins out of those losses? The staff flat out gave away many of those games with pure incompetence.

And the bo-card is played again and again. The only people who are stuck in the past are posters like you and your few groupies

You pulled the bo card, not me. You've brought up the past, multiple times, not me.

Groupies? You're desperate for content.

I don't know why you make the assumption I'm in love with the past staff. I'm not, they didn't get it done. Look at the losses last year. You can't see 4 more wins out of those losses? The staff flat out gave away many of those games with pure incompetence.

I suppose I just can't see any other way a person would be so fixated on a couple mistakes early in a transition year and chose to blatantly ignore all the progress unless they had some sort or strange emotional attachment to the prior staff, etc. Who knows, maybe DL ran over your cat. But we have now won 9 of our last 10 games and beat a Top 5 team along the way. When is the last time we have done either of those things?

I suppose I just can't see any other way a person would be so fixated on a couple mistakes early in a transition year and chose to blatantly ignore all the progress unless they had some sort or strange emotional attachment to the prior staff, etc. Who knows, maybe DL ran over your cat. But we have now won 9 of our last 10 games and beat a Top 5 team along the way. When is the last time we have done either of those things?
A couple of mistakes? Lol Several mistakes an experienced staff should not make. Still should have won a minimum of 10 games.

Progress? We have won games we should have won. We'll see how much progress there is in our next 2 road games. We have a shot against Wisconsin because the Badgers are going through a very tough run of games. I think Ohio St beats us by at least 3 TD's.

I will see progress if we can stay with them inside the 3 TD margin.

A couple of mistakes? Lol Several mistakes an experienced staff should not make. Still should have won a minimum of 10 games.

Progress? We have won games we should have won. We'll see how much progress there is in our next 2 road games. We have a shot against Wisconsin because the Badgers are going through a very tough run of games. I think Ohio St beats us by at least 3 TD's.

I will see progress if we can stay with them inside the 3 TD margin.

There were mistakes that cost us games last year, but they were mostly miscommunication things, not the incompetence you claim. TA was supposed to run the ball @ Illinois, he was supposed to hit the wide open Carter in the flat against Iowa and the BYU Hail Mary was a fluke (it happens). It was a transition year and it appears those things have been cleaned up. Why stay butt hurt????

9 out of 10 with wins over UCLA and a Top 5 MSU team IS progress. In fact, I would say it is progress over anything we have had in a decade. But we are not a MNC type team, so we will lose eventually, just stay patient and you can gloat soon enough. Sounds fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT