ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar Jackson

Keep making excuses for him. How many is that now? Get him off the hook by blaming refs, I am sure it is a conspiracy to pick on him.

can anyone post it, I thought it was one that would usually be called when I 1st saw it.

I'd also like to add in about his weak shoulder tackles... is he scared of contact?

I'm going to withhold judgment on Lamar wait to see what he can do with a different defensive coaching staff.

What is the point of even commenting then? We arent saying he couldnt ever be good, we saying he's doing now is poor.

I hope the new DC and what ever position coach he gets next year gets him going. He’s got all the talent in the world. Great height, weight and so on....like a few said, he’s just not getting the proper coaching right now. With a good DC that will teach him (/all the DBs) good coverage, techniques and how to break down and tackle better. He gets tha coaching, he can be very good in near future. Plus side is he is still pretty young. Remember he didn’t rs last year.

Donte Williams?!?! He’s been here this one season and let’s face it, he joined our Huskers at a horrible time. Maybe with a better HC and DC, Donte Williams can do better. Like one poster stated, at the worst case keep him around for lead recruiter. We all know dudes as Elite as it gets when it comes to that and we will need the help In the future. Donte and Keith Williams both need to be retained in some way. K Williams should remain WR coach if all possible. Maybe Frosts current WR coach, assuming he follows him over here, can co/WR coach or take a different role. Has to be a way to keep K Williams. Hate Riley and Lang’s and Diaco all you guys want. But K and D Williams need to retained....even if there placed in different roles, except K Williams. We won’t get a better WR coach then him, period.

Well all i know is as far as run support goes ...Bootle gets off his block and isnt afraid to lay the wood. As far as coverage goes not sure
I guess I was talking specifically on coverage. Bootle really struggled against Ohio St, but really no worse than Lamar.

You're exactly right on the rum support.

Williams would have not been the coach Diaco would have hired but SE did that. Took a recruiter over a coach. Elliott would have handled the coaching but his health changed the plan.

Matt Davison made the comment that Jackson seems reluctant to hit guys on the field, but then he goes and hits a guy off the field...

Seems to me Lamar lacks the hips and explosive speed needed to be a good corner at this level. Isn't it that simple?

What is the point of even commenting then? We arent saying he couldnt ever be good, we saying he's doing now is poor.
My point is I'm not going to bag on the kid simply because his play is far from stellar I don't think anyone on defense will make all conference but perhaps with the right coach Lamar could become pretty darn good

You can't teach not afraid to hit IMO. Either a guy has it in him to go hit guys full speed or he doesn't. But maybe another coach for him will prove me wrong.

I hope the new DC and what ever position coach he gets next year gets him going. He’s got all the talent in the world. Great height, weight and so on....like a few said, he’s just not getting the proper coaching right now. With a good DC that will teach him (/all the DBs) good coverage, techniques and how to break down and tackle better. He gets tha coaching, he can be very good in near future. Plus side is he is still pretty young. Remember he didn’t rs last year.

Donte Williams?!?! He’s been here this one season and let’s face it, he joined our Huskers at a horrible time. Maybe with a better HC and DC, Donte Williams can do better. Like one poster stated, at the worst case keep him around for lead recruiter. We all know dudes as Elite as it gets when it comes to that and we will need the help In the future. Donte and Keith Williams both need to be retained in some way. K Williams should remain WR coach if all possible. Maybe Frosts current WR coach, assuming he follows him over here, can co/WR coach or take a different role. Has to be a way to keep K Williams. Hate Riley and Lang’s and Diaco all you guys want. But K and D Williams need to retained....even if there placed in different roles, except K Williams. We won’t get a better WR coach then him, period.
I think Diaco by himself is lost with our staff. Losing Bobby Elliot was a terrible blow for Diaco. I appears to me Elliot was the brains behind Diaco's successful years at Notre Dame. We've got a bunch of guys trying to play a new defense with a bunch of coaches on the sideline who have never coached it before this year. We should have seen this disaster coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT