ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Huskers back to #2

Who starts tonight? Krause or Landfair?

Krause’s hitting percentage tonight, 0.176.

shocker-shocked.gif

Devaney a great venue, knowledgeable fans, appreciative fans but not an intimidating venue for opponents.

Most have student sections behind servers. We have big long time donors. But I'm ok with that but those " blue hairs " could do much better as the football blue hairs have stepped up their game

Reactions: SickOfPractice
Devaney a great venue, knowledgeable fans, appreciative fans but not an intimidating venue for opponents.

Most have student sections behind servers. We have big long time donors. But I'm ok with that but those " blue hairs " could do much better as the football blue hairs have stepped up their game
I'm a blue hair but I truly don't understand many of my fellow blue hairs that are in attendance match after match - they act as if they're at an insurance seminar rather than a sporting competition. It's ok to applaud & cheer.

On the flip side we had an away match years ago and the student section was so close to the court some were reaching out and touching our server and yelling some pretty foul comments at our players. That's just bad behavior and not what I would ever want to see at Devaney.

Coach Cook & the team seem to channel Devaney's energy just fine the way it is. I would like to see a couple or three high profile matches played at PBA each year, with NU vs Creighton being one of them. It would be good to see the courtside seating opened up to those who don't usually get to sit so close to the action.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
I'm a blue hair but I truly don't understand many of my fellow blue hairs that are in attendance match after match - they act as if they're at an insurance seminar rather than a sporting competition. It's ok to applaud & cheer.

On the flip side we had an away match years ago and the student section was so close to the court some were reaching out and touching our server and yelling some pretty foul comments at our players. That's just bad behavior and not what I would ever want to see at Devaney.

Coach Cook & the team seem to channel the crowd's energy just fine the way it is. I would like to see a couple or three high profile matches played at PBA each year, with NU vs Creighton being one of them. It would be good to see the courtside seating opened up to those who don't usually get to sit so close to the action.
It might have been last year but on btn a former non NU vb player was doing commentary. Was asked about imposing venues in which she played. Devaney not in top 3. It was one of her favorite venues because of the fans and how knowledgeable and nice they were

It might have been last year but on btn a former non NU vb player was doing commentary. Was asked about imposing venues in which she played. Devaney not in top 3. It was one of her favorite venues because of the fans and how knowledgeable and nice they were
Agreed. Devaney has a more family type atmosphere. Lot's of kids and people over 80 vs. some of the other venues that focus on making it hostile. It's a cool scene, but hostile it is not.

Agreed. Devaney has a more family type atmosphere. Lot's of kids and people over 80 vs. some of the other venues that focus on making it hostile. It's a cool scene, but hostile it is not.
Seems to be just fine in terms of size and atmosphere. No teams are coming in there and roughing them up because the fans aren’t screaming at them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT