ADVERTISEMENT

"Lack of energy or something going on"

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, he is not a top 3 coach in the Ten.
But for fun, which teams do you see getting better next year? Which stay the same and which get worse? Here is mine

Better: Nebraska, Illinois, OSU, Wisconsin, Michigan
Same: MSU, Minny, Rutgers, PSU, NW, Indiana
Worse: Iowa, Maryland, Purdue

Some tough ones: Indiana will be interesting and so will Michigan.

Now, regardless, out of those 3 choices will Nebraska get "better" enough to hit 9-10 wins in conference?

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, he is not a top 3 coach in the Ten.
But for fun, which teams do you see getting better next year? Which stay the same and which get worse? Here is mine

Better: Nebraska, Illinois, OSU, Wisconsin, Michigan
Same: MSU, Minny, Rutgers, PSU, NW, Indiana
Worse: Iowa, Maryland, Purdue

Some tough ones: Indiana will be interesting and so will Michigan.

Now, regardless, out of those 3 choices will Nebraska get "better" enough to hit 9-10 wins in conference?
Penn State should be better

I said he should be fired in my original post if he has another bad year, to which you said he will be safe even after next year. Then I said he could be fired because of the below .500 seasons. Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours I gather.
I think he should be fired now. A dead fish stinks from the head down.

you guys hung with cipriano for 17 odd years, zero ncaa births. yet you're ready to declare miles time at the helm as over lol

Cipriano had some good looking teams, a 20-5 (12-2) team back in 65-66 when the tourney was only about 25 teams. Also was the basketball coach at the beginning of football heydays.

I also was not even close to being born then so I really don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to Cip. Smokin

Cipriano had some good looking teams, a 20-5 (12-2) team back in 65-66 when the tourney was only about 25 teams. Also was the basketball coach at the beginning of football heydays.

I also was not even close to being born then so I really don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to Cip. Smokin
It took about 3 years of the fans/students chanting "FIRE CIP" at home games for the AD to finally do it. CIP's teams were brutal to watch late in his career and nobody with much talent wanted to play for him those last years. Slooooooooow it down and never shoot. Cip IMO was one of the biggest reasons in-state talent starting leaving the state and we've never recovered from that.

Who knows what Eichorst is thinking but really no excuse to not make the NIT next year. This may request Miles finding a big man though...which for whatever reason is a difficult task for him. The early game vs Creighton is important...Miles losing to them 5 straight years and the fanbase will start to sound off.

Does anybody expect us to beat Creighton next year? Miles is 0-11 vs McDermott.

No...I doubt that streak stops next season. Miles has really coached against Creighton 11 times? I believe that he hasn't won any of them (I don't remember any differently either), but that number seems high...

GBR

No...I doubt that streak stops next season. Miles has really coached against Creighton 11 times? I believe that he hasn't won any of them (I don't remember any differently either), but that number seems high...

GBR

He is 0-11 overall against Mc Dermott which includes his other coaching stints, not just CU.

^^^^^ We wish...

What's Erick Strickland up to these days?

I really wish that Miles could do better here....I want him to succeed. From the sound of things, he definitely has two more years here no matter what

GBR

Does anybody expect us to beat Creighton next year? Miles is 0-11 vs McDermott.

CU loses Groselle and will replace him with Patton who redshirted. They also lose Milliken, and are replacing him with a 3* guard about the same size out of North Carolina.

Nebraska loses Shields and Parker, and we know we are adding Gill, Roby, and Horne.

If you go with the assumption that there are no further roster changes, I think Nebraska can win next year, .....but, if you put a gun to my head, I'd still have to pick CU. I could go on and on with my reasoning, but in a nutshell, IMO, Nebraska all too often is too easy to (prepare to) defend. CU will be well suited next year to continue to defend Nebraska well. CU on the other hand just seems to find away with ball movement, to get great shots against Miles D. When has Nebraska shown that ability against CU under MIles? Without a proven serious inside scoring threat inside (and I'm not knocking Jacobsen and Morrow), you have to hope Nebraska can effectively drive, and shoot with CU. When has that happened?

The CU game is usually about game 10 of the season. Will that be enough time for a Nebraska team to get things clicking offensively and defensively? Will that be enough time for Gill to get into a flow, and for the team to know how to play with each other? Plus, yes, McDermott owns Miles worse than Switzer owned Osborne in the early to mid 70s. Until Miles gets over that hump, well, it is hard to pick against McDermott (and his staff).

^^^^^ We wish...

What's Erick Strickland up to these days?

I really wish that Miles could do better here....I want him to succeed. From the sound of things, he definitely has two more years here no matter what

GBR

And he should IMO. He has a lot of pieces in place, the problem is, getting those last one or two, which are the hardest for everyone to get. One player, just one could make a huge difference on this team.

CU loses Groselle and will replace him with Patton who redshirted. They also lose Milliken, and are replacing him with a 3* guard about the same size out of North Carolina.

Nebraska loses Shields and Parker, and we know we are adding Gill, Roby, and Horne.

If you go with the assumption that there are no further roster changes, I think Nebraska can win next year, .....but, if you put a gun to my head, I'd still have to pick CU. I could go on and on with my reasoning, but in a nutshell, IMO, Nebraska all too often is too easy to (prepare to) defend. CU will be well suited next year to continue to defend Nebraska well. CU on the other hand just seems to find away with ball movement, to get great shots against Miles D. When has Nebraska shown that ability against CU under MIles? Without a proven serious inside scoring threat inside (and I'm not knocking Jacobsen and Morrow), you have to hope Nebraska can effectively drive, and shoot with CU. When has that happened?

The CU game is usually about game 10 of the season. Will that be enough time for a Nebraska team to get things clicking offensively and defensively? Will that be enough time for Gill to get into a flow, and for the team to know how to play with each other? Plus, yes, McDermott owns Miles worse than Switzer owned Osborne in the early to mid 70s. Until Miles gets over that hump, well, it is hard to pick against McDermott (and his staff).

Creighton losing Groselle will be a big loss for them but they also add Marcus Foster who will torch Miles if he chooses to defend Creighton the same way. He needs to beat them at home.

Miles is probably a top 2 coach in the Big Ten

That answers the question. You are high. Completely high.

That would make McDermott better than Izzo. Uh...no.

Edit: I think I've been had. You gotta be just funnin'.

Last edited:

All I got out of this was that Miles=Osborne.

He does. Just like Bo and Erstad = Osborne. They are elite.

All I got out of this was that Miles=Osborne.

TTWM7M046c4fnWtLnV6h7IPn_3HcYSYTj1G7tjcQL4v32A2yarmjPktP_PHND0BU-ZEGrA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT