ADVERTISEMENT

Kpai in the portal

I think Rhule is very adept at roster management and that's why I also don't think it's a coincidence that we're oversigning + still entertaining portal players

tons of churn already has happened, and after this off-season, we'll have pretty close to 100% turnover from the day Rhule got the job to the day his 2nd season kicks off

I think Rhule is very adept at roster management and that's why I also don't think it's a coincidence that we're oversigning + still entertaining portal players

tons of churn already has happened, and after this off-season, we'll have pretty close to 100% turnover from the day Rhule got the job to the day his 2nd season kicks off
Seems very organized when it comes to roster management

5.7 3* from within the recruiting footprint.
I follow South Dakota high school football a little bit and I just thought he was a tweener who was going to not be fast enough or get big enough to play where he needed to play. He’s a better fit at either Sourh Dakota program.

Reactions: BleedRed78
5.7 3* from within the recruiting footprint.
ESPN had him as a 4* and 163rd in the nation. 247's Brandon Huffman compared him to Fred Warner and gave him a 4* rating. The description is glowing. Supposedly Oregon offered. (I had to look that stuff up)

I'm not sure what went wrong, but his profile as a versatile, high upside kid is exactly what Rhule is normally looking for. This could Kpai's decision on this one. He wants to go somewhere that he can start and fulfill his NFL dream.

After the season ended
Didn’t get on the field a lot to impact the scoreboard that way
Don’t remember him being a problem within the program

What would create the need to call him out?
Oh I don't either. But some posters think that once you start at a school...you stay there NO MATTER WHAT until you have used up all your eligibility.

ESPN had him as a 4* and 163rd in the nation. 247's Brandon Huffman compared him to Fred Warner and gave him a 4* rating. The description is glowing. Supposedly Oregon offered. (I had to look that stuff up)

I'm not sure what went wrong, but his profile as a versatile, high upside kid is exactly what Rhule is normally looking for. This could Kpai's decision on this one. He wants to go somewhere that he can start and fulfill his NFL dream.
I think he benefited from not playing against great competition at times in high school. My guess is that 70-80% of similarly rated 3 star high school recruits don’t succeed at the P5 level. It’s not all that surprising given that he started out as kind of a tweener. Hopefully he finds success down a level and finishes a degree.

Isaiah Stalbird from Kearney is in his 7th year at SdSU after playing special teams as a walk on at NU. Stalbird is starting in a title game. I imagine he thinks that beats the hell out of covering kicks on a 5 win team.

Oh I don't either. But some posters think that once you start at a school...you stay there NO MATTER WHAT until you have used up all your eligibility.
I think if you commit, be sure. If something major changes on the staff or a family situation, then account for that.

There are some folks here that haven’t been wrong since Clinton was in office about anything but they show off how foolish they are enough to see the difference.

I think if you commit, be sure. If something major changes on the staff or a family situation, then account for that.

There are some folks here that haven’t been wrong since Clinton was in office about anything but they show off how foolish they are enough to see the difference.
A lot of them also ran a 4.2 40 and bench 325.

I follow South Dakota high school football a little bit and I just thought he was a tweener who was going to not be fast enough or get big enough to play where he needed to play. He’s a better fit at either Sourh Dakota program.
I was a fellow Washington Warrior. I was pulling for him but I think he maybe lacks in the head, otherwise I think he has enough tools to make it work at some position. Best thing for him is to end up a Jackrabbit.

Reactions: dinglefritz

There’s not much commitment in college football anymore from players or coaches.

Reactions: baseball31ne
And their wives are gorgeous. Most everyone on here is wealthy and travels the world on a regular basis.
Sorry, I did not respond sooner. I was busy ****ing my model wife, who also happens to be my best friend...plus the internet connection here at my private beach resort in Belize is still not great.

So what were you saying?

Last edited:
So are Kaine Williams and Gbayor the backups to Bullock and Buddha? Smelling a portal add here.

Borders and Tagge?

Also, I found it interesting that we had two guys playing the same position whose last names started with double consonants. I wonder if that's ever happened before.

White played a lot of guys on D last year. If the kid had NFL chops, he would have been on the field.

Borders and Tagge?

Also, I found it interesting that we had two guys playing the same position whose last names started with double consonants. I wonder if that's ever happened before.
I would assume so. Many names begin with a double consonant.

I agree. I think (hope) Rhule is going to get us to top 10 or 15 levels not necessarily because he’s great at in-game management or scheming (he seems fine, not elite so far, but maybe he will be with better talent?) but because of his roster management and his knack for identifying, recruiting, and developing talent. The thing that is most exciting about him is how well he has done at previous stops in identifying and developing NFL-worthy talent. I also think a lot of us credit White but don’t give him enough credit for the defensive improvement this last year and how much certain players improved (raw potential he helped develop).

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT