ADVERTISEMENT

Kodiak Island

Second largest island in US.

75% is National Wildlife Preserve.

That all this salmon harvesting occurrs every year is a proof that Alaska F&G really do things right.

Do you eat salmon, from Alaska?

Do you simp and buy colored flesh fish salmon from a farm?

Not even close to real. Lke surimi compared to crab.

• Love
Reactions: Laner2

That all this salmon harvesting occurrs every year is a proof that Alaska F&G really do things right.

Tee hee, you said "simp".

You inviting us all to visit? Sounds awesome

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
True story, just today my wife and finalized plans for a 13 day cruise/excursion to AK. Going to include inland trips to the Ididorod (sp?) trailhead, Donali, and some other shite. Looking forward to it but mostly looking forward to my wife tossing her cookies on the boat.

I'm not an anthropologist, but there might be some folks in Ethiopia who will disagree about the human habitation. You know, Lucy and all her relatives 3.2 million years ago. Unless you mean specifically Homo Sapiens.
Permanent inhahitation genius,

Seems like you mssed some words, or indeed someone incapable of real cognitve resonance.

True story, just today my wife and finalized plans for a 13 day cruise/excursion to AK. Going to include inland trips to the Ididorod (sp?) trailhead, Donali, and some other shite. Looking forward to it but mostly looking forward to my wife tossing her cookies on the boat.
You will never regret it.
I dropped out of College, CSU, engineering, as my father was.

Arrived in Haines, Alaska, June, 1, 1984. On the ferry!

As I have said, my dream was Alaska, and this how we arrived. We arrved in Fairbanks, June, 3rd, 1984.

Broke and unemployed.

Here I am still, so glad I followed my dream.

Last edited:
You will never regret it.
I dropped out of College, CSU, engineering, as my father was.

Arrived in Haines, Alaska, June, 1, 1984. On the ferry!

As I have said, my dream was Alaska, and ths how. We arrved in Fairbanks, June, 3rd, 1984.

Broke and unemployed.

Here I am still, so glad I followed my dream.
Spectrum how did you make your own way after that? I’m convinced that Alaska has been a place where Americans could make their own way, thanks for sharing

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Spectrum how did you make your own way after that? I’m convinced that Alaska has been a place where Americans could make their own way, thanks for sharing
I was a skilled carpenter amongst fishermen.

King Crab was but a few years distant, now gone, for whatever reasons.

40 years ago I was told that if you treat Alaska right, it will treat you right.

I believe that today.

Was my dream to live here, and once here, it is apparent I am but an "outsider."

Regardless, what a life I have had following my dream.

Been called ", white boy," more than I can count.

USA is not all like Lincoln may seem.

''Widely believed to be one of the world's oldest and continuously inhabited cities, Damascus has evidence of habitation that dates back to around 10,000 to 8,000 BCE.''
Are parts underwater?

Thank you for fact checking me.

Kodiak Island has proven history 7500 years ago, everything older is underwater.

Are you wanting to engage me on Kodiak history?

Lucy was a carpetbagger. Damned Yankee!
Them Aluets came here completley clean of Caucasion, or any other European heritage.
They were just the ones that lived to tell of it.

Kirsten was of Aluet heritage. If you are bored, just Google Chignik Lagoon. Where she grew up. She raised gulls that returned to her yearly.

Had a moose calf in 1970, after hunters her father guided, shot a cow with calf.

The calf died, and her father never guided them again.

Last edited:
How far away from Cicely are you?
If you meant Circle, a long ways.
We are 58 degrees North here, Circle is 66 1/3 degrees North.

Very different living up there, as opposed to here where the ocean moderates our clmate.

Another reason for the permanant ccupation.

It is really mild here.

If you meant Circle, a long ways.
We are 58 degrees North here, Circle is 66 1/3 degrees North.

Very different living up there, as opposed to here where the ocean moderates our clmate.

Another reason for the permanant ccupation.

It is really mild here.
I meant Cicely, Alaska. The fictional town from Northern Exposire. But that’s interesting too. Alaska is incredibly massive

Jewel is from Alaska. And what a woman.
She grew up legit. Cabin with none of the comforts. Among a bunch of kids raised up self sufficient in the wilderness.

And yes, I am smitten.

I heard her on Rogan I think. Couldn’t believe her childhood. What a story!
I'll have to look that up. There was another star that I hadn't really ever thought about, I think on Rogan, who was completely engaging and intelligent. The gal with the nasally voice that played Kevin James' wife. She was pretty fascinating.

At this time is the longest permant record of continous human habitation.

Oldest remains are 7500 years old, but sea level buried anything below said level.

Kodiak was also Capitol of Russian Alaska when Baranov founded it.

Your history quotient.
I have been there and fished around Cube Cove where we caught salmon, halibut (largest was around 300 lbs), and lots and lots of dungeness crab.

I didn't even have to pay for an excursion and my wife played "I-did-a-rod" with me last night. Some things were tossed, but not cookies.

At this time is the longest permant record of continous human habitation.

Oldest remains are 7500 years old, but sea level buried anything below said level.

Kodiak was also Capitol of Russian Alaska when Baranov founded it.

Your history quotient.
I think this should be captioned: OT. Drunk Guy Boasting About Where He Lives.

By the way, thanks for the Kodiak Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix. I prefer chocolate chip, but my wife likes the buttermilk

• Haha
Reactions: Bugeater
I'll have to look that up. There was another star that I hadn't really ever thought about, I think on Rogan, who was completely engaging and intelligent. The gal with the nasally voice that played Kevin James' wife. She was pretty fascinating.
Was she the one who escaped Scientology?

Reactions: Streamer15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT