ADVERTISEMENT

Klieman

Husker1078

Senior
Mar 2, 2006
Gilbert, AZ
Pulled his head out of his derrière and Howard goes 3-3 for 49 and a TD... KSU up 7-0 trying to preserve whats left of a shot at the conference....

as soon as AM went down i took KSU

but I am actually beginning to feel sorry for him - first America's biggest loser then unseated for a guy the coach is desperate to redshirt but can't

Reactions: BleedRed78
Pulled his head out of his derrière and Howard goes 3-3 for 49 and a TD... KSU up 7-0 trying to preserve whats left of a shot at the conference....

images

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Promises can get you in trouble….
What evidence do you have that he made promises? Klieman doesn't seem like the type of coach who would do that. Not to mention this is AM's last season and it wouldn't matter a lick if Klieman backed out of a promise. Just seems to be he misevaluated who would give his team a better chance at success.

I think the goal has always been to keep Howard's redshirt this year...at least hearing announcers etc. KSU is 6-3; already bowl eligible. After this game I am not for sure how many more games Howard can play and keep all 4 years left. Howard is clearly the next Kstate QB so in a way this has been a blessing that he has been able to play some and get experience. Warner had a rough start....but has played some good ball the last few games. Happy both Warner and AM can wrap up their career with a bowl game and get on with life.

Reactions: WHCSC
"We still have a plan,” K-State football coach Chris Klieman said. “Will understands that plan.”

"Translation: Don’t expect Howard to play in more than four games this season. The Wildcats want to let him redshirt and preserve his three remaining years of college eligibility for the future after Martinez has moved on."

"We still have a plan,” K-State football coach Chris Klieman said. “Will understands that plan.”

"Translation: Don’t expect Howard to play in more than four games this season. The Wildcats want to let him redshirt and preserve his three remaining years of college eligibility for the future after Martinez has moved on."
From Wichita Eagle article. Looks like this is Howard's 3rd game tonight.

Reactions: king_kong_

That doesn’t sound like a coach headed to a different program….

They have a chance to win the conference still. Redshirting your best QB is not the smart play.

I think the goal has always been to keep Howard's redshirt this year...at least hearing announcers etc. KSU is 6-3; already bowl eligible. After this game I am not for sure how many more games Howard can play and keep all 4 years left. Howard is clearly the next Kstate QB so in a way this has been a blessing that he has been able to play some and get experience. Warner had a rough start....but has played some good ball the last few games. Happy both Warner and AM can wrap up their career with a bowl game and get on with life.
Would you or anyone else on this board be OK with potentially giving up a conference championship by sitting Howard in order to preserve a redshirt???? Especially when it's very clear Howard has put his team in a better position to win... Howard at this point has done all the heavy lifting against the toughest part of K-State's schedule... I find this interesting cause this fan base would be going bananas if Frost, Mickey, or anyone else for that matter had made the same call....

Would you or anyone else on this board be OK with potentially giving up a conference championship by sitting Howard in order to preserve a redshirt???? Especially when it's very clear Howard has put his team in a better position to win... Howard at this point has done all the heavy lifting against the toughest part of K-State's schedule... I find this interesting cause this fan base would be going bananas if Frost, Mickey, or anyone else for that matter had made the same call....
The article was 4 days ago. Maybe Klieman will change his mind when faced with a decision the last two games.

The article was 4 days ago. Maybe Klieman will change his mind when faced with a decision the last two games.
Of course it was posted 4 days ago... It never should have came to this... Last weekend KSU walked into Bill Snyder Family Stadium in control of their own destiny... With a win, that I believe they would of had if they started Howard, they would have been a lock for the title game... Instead, Klieman moved to 0-4 vs UT, fell to 4th in the conference, and even if they win out, they still need help from other teams in the league... The question still stands... Would you be ok with the call????

Of course it was posted 4 days ago... It never should have came to this... Last weekend KSU walked into Bill Snyder Family Stadium in control of their own destiny... With a win, that I believe they would of had if they started Howard, they would have been a lock for the title game... Instead, Klieman moved to 0-4 vs UT, fell to 4th in the conference, and even if they win out, they still need help from other teams in the league... The question still stands... Would you be ok with the call????
What I think is irrelevant. I was merely posting what was said in the article. Klieman is in charge.

That said....I grew up in Kansas, lived half my adult life there, and have been a Kstate fan all my life. So of course I want them to win the conference if they can.

What I think is irrelevant. I was merely posting what was said in the article. Klieman is in charge.

That said....I grew up in Kansas, lived half my adult life there, and have been a Kstate fan all my life. So of course I want them to win the conference if they can.
I think its super relevant... Especially since Klieman is mentioned as a potential coach for the Big Red... His decisions, if one is paying attention are questionable at best...

I think its super relevant... Especially since Klieman is mentioned as a potential coach for the Big Red... His decisions, if one is paying attention are questionable at best...
I am sure if Klieman's decisions are questionable in how he runs his program that Trev has taken note. Trev makes the decision on our next coach.....not anyone on here.
I trust that Trev is doing what is needed to get this next hire right.

Reactions: WHCSC
I am sure if Klieman's decisions are questionable in how he runs his program that Trev has taken note. Trev makes the decision on our next coach.....not anyone on here.
I trust that Trev is doing what is needed to get this next hire right.
how can you trust an AD with no experience?

You must have missed the fact that he actually has AD experience
I'm not sure anyone here would be pleased if we hired a D2 head coach

yet we're supposed to bow to the wisdom of a D2 AD

😑

No one will give a shat where Trev AD'D at if he gets the hire right.... However none of the discussion about Trevs experience takes away from the fact that last week Klieman may have taken away KSU chance at something more than an Alamo Bowl....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT