ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk Ciarrocca to PSU

From reading the article, he grew up a Penn State fan and that is home for him. He apparently has had other opportunities to leave in the past and didnt. Can't blame him for wanting to be closer to home.

Not everyone likes rowing the boat.
Very true, but that does not describe Ciarocca. He and Fleck have coached together for a long time and been friends even longer. Fleck has known he was going to move on for awhile. He thought about going to West Virginia at the end of last year, but decided to stay. Fleck gave him a raise this year again trying to get hi to stay longer. Ciarocca is simply moving closer to home where his kids go to school and for a good job.

Maybe they've got better Ciarrocca bars in Happy Valley.
img.gif

Very true, but that does not describe Ciarocca. He and Fleck have coached together for a long time and been friends even longer. Fleck has known he was going to move on for awhile. He thought about going to West Virginia at the end of last year, but decided to stay. Fleck gave him a raise this year again trying to get hi to stay longer. Ciarocca is simply moving closer to home where his kids go to school and for a good job.
He's bailing out of a sinking ship. Minnesota maxed out this past season and he knows it.

That makes sense.

Reactions: Lincoln gopher
From reading the article, he grew up a Penn State fan and that is home for him. He apparently has had other opportunities to leave in the past and didnt. Can't blame him for wanting to be closer to home.
He said he likes gladiator movies and scantily clad men !

Penn State just hired the Minnesota OC to same position.
This makes the 2nd staff member to depart since the season ended.
Mr row da boat Fleck hast to rebuild.
Helps N by weakening the competition. #GBR

https://www.twincities.com/2019/12/...ess&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow

Looks like Fleck is smart enough to hire great assistants. It would be even worse for Minnesota if no one else, no other University, would want his assistants. They would be bad this year and next.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Well considering the last 2 offensive coordinators who worked for James Franklin at Penn State have BOTH gotten head coaching jobs at FBS schools in the last 2 years.....I would consider it a no-brainer.

That job seems to put you on your way up right now like Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State coordinator jobs do. Personally I would love FBS schools coming after our coodinators because that would mean they doing a great job and we winning games. Plus I think Frost would make the right hires.

Also with Fleck, considering he fired his defensive coordinator in the middle of the 2018 season and went on like a 12 game winning streak.....I wouldn't dance on his grave just yet.

Well considering the last 2 offensive coordinators who worked for James Franklin at Penn State have BOTH gotten head coaching jobs at FBS schools in the last 2 years.....I would consider it a no-brainer.

That job seems to put you on your way up right now like Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State coordinator jobs do. Personally I would love FBS schools coming after our coodinators because that would mean they doing a great job and we winning games. Plus I think Frost would make the right hires.

Also with Fleck, considering he fired his defensive coordinator in the middle of the 2018 season and went on like a 12 game winning streak.....I wouldn't dance on his grave just yet.

Well, so far it appears Frost has not made the right hires. Why assume he will? Nothing is guaranteed.

Well, so far it appears Frost has not made the right hires. Why assume he will? Nothing is guaranteed.

Because I "personally" believe Frost didn't know how hard it would be in the Big 10. So instead of bringing a few outside hires with major experience, he brought guys he knew and thought it would like UCF type success. Now he realizes how BIG Nebraska football is and how you can't just roll out the ball and win games like it was back in the day.

Now that being said I like most of the coaches we got. Also you can see that when Dawson left he hired an "outsider" in Tuioti, who I like by the way.....when he could have just hired another coach who he coach with in the past.

Either way I think it's a good thing for us as fans if other teams want our coordinators as head coaches......

Because I "personally" believe Frost didn't know how hard it would be in the Big 10. So instead of bringing a few outside hires with major experience, he brought guys he knew and thought it would like UCF type success. Now he realizes how BIG Nebraska football is and how you can't just roll out the ball and win games like it was back in the day.

Now that being said I like most of the coaches we got. Also you can see that when Dawson left he hired an "outsider" in Tuioti, who I like by the way.....when he could have just hired another coach who he coach with in the past.

Either way I think it's a good thing for us as fans if other teams want our coordinators as head coaches......

I agree it's a good thing if other universities want our coaches, but they don't right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Penn State just hired the Minnesota OC to same position.
This makes the 2nd staff member to depart since the season ended.
Mr row da boat Fleck hast to rebuild.
Helps N by weakening the competition. #GBR

https://www.twincities.com/2019/12/...ess&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow

I don't understand this train of thought. If we really want to get back to being a dominant program, playing for conference championships and getting in the playoffs, we need some top-notch competition in the Big West. The better the BIG is the better for Husker football. Look at the love fest that is the SEC.

Not everyone likes rowing the boat.

some of these Iowa posts at the top of the board needs cleaned up. We got Iowa and Husker fans (myself included in the Husker fan part) just bickering back and forth. In all honesty, every Iowa mention post needs locked. They will all go 10 pages long of nothing but BS back and forth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT