ADVERTISEMENT

Kidney Failure

beerz

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2002
I’ve been a member of the scrolls for over 20 years and a life long Husker fanatic. I lurk here every day and occasionally interact. But, one thing I’ve never done is reached out to this forum for any sort help before. However, I’m in a state of desperation to keep living and will swallow any pride I may have had in my efforts in doing so.

I was diagnosed with end-stage renal disease (kidney failure) last year and am now on dialysis to keep me alive. I’m in need of a kidney transplant as dialysis is not a realistic long term solution for me being 41 years old.

The transplant team has stressed upon me to cast my net as far and wide as I can to find that right person willing to give the gift of life. I realize I’m not personally close to anyone here, other than common bond in Husker athletics, but I can’t let that be an excuse for me to not at least try to reach out for help in what is for me a life or death situation.

If anyone here is between the ages of 18-50 and willing to talk with me to learn more about how they could potentially be a donor and what it would mean for them, please reach out to me via DM. Thank you all for taking the time to read this and giving it consideration. -Brent

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News