ADVERTISEMENT

Keyshawn Greene can be our Isaiah Simmons..

Many crazy posts on here lately. I believe they’re made out of boredom. I get it. I’m excited about a lot of our incoming freshmen, but it’s going to be disappointing 99% of the time if you think an incoming is going to be Nebraska’s hybrid S/LB All-American. I don’t even know who the last All-Big 10 Husker was, let alone All-American. Marlon Lucky was supposed to be “our Reggie Bush”. A lot of Husker fans did not believe he lived up to the hype. Then you have Ameer Abdullah, a guy that was a late cycle commit. Many thought he would be a defensive back. He came in and won the job over Aaron Green (“our next -insert great Running Back name-”). You just never know what’s going to happen.

Many crazy posts on here lately. I believe they’re made out of boredom. I get it. I’m excited about a lot of our incoming freshmen, but it’s going to be disappointing 99% of the time if you think an incoming is going to be Nebraska’s hybrid S/LB All-American. I don’t even know who the last All-Big 10 Husker was, let alone All-American. Marlon Lucky was supposed to be “our Reggie Bush”. A lot of Husker fans did not believe he lived up to the hype. Then you have Ameer Abdullah, a guy that was a late cycle commit. Many thought he would be a defensive back. He came in and won the job over Aaron Green (“our next -insert great Running Back name-”). You just never know what’s going to happen.
Not true. Look who's getting drafted high. Bama guys, osu guys, clemson guys. Now, look at those ratings.
If we were talking our average of five 4 star guys a class, that would be true, and amongst our a erage,those five, few rated mid to high four star guys. So, maybe one a year like a bama guy for instance.
Lindsey was shown the door, just another high four star guy that couldnt produce. This staff picks their guys, not Bos continual search for that project guy, not MRs west coast obsession in getting guys with big names and reps, but don't like big boy ball.
Since AA, weve had one frosh that walked the walk,Wandale.

But, we have more four star guys, picked by this staff, not those other staffs, more than we'd see in three years coming in this year and including the redshirts from last year.
Between a better eye for competition,a better and higher talent level, and simply more talent, those numbers turn this, 'theyve all been busts' on its head.

Playmaking stud speed rusher.
Same thing has been said for Caleb Tanner..

biggest difference there was Caleb Tannor was no Army All American and Tannor wasn’t even a Top 250 player while Green was dam near in the Top 100 and he didn’t tear it up like Greene. KeShawn Greene absolutely lit it up on the field against other Top 100 and 5 star players. Caleb Tannor didn’t. Only similarity was both being 4 stars.

biggest difference there was Caleb Tannor was no Army All American and Tannor wasn’t even a Top 250 player while Green was dam near in the Top 100 and he didn’t tear it up like Greene. KeShawn Greene absolutely lit it up on the field against other Top 100 and 5 star players. Caleb Tannor didn’t. Only similarity was both being 4 stars.
Tannor was just a 4*while Greene is a mid level 4*, huge difference.
Greene runs a high 4.4 forty, Tannor doesn't.
Greenes frame is longer than Tannors.

These are the differences between playing against top players well, and making plays against those top players. Potential game changer.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Isaiah Simmons is taller and has incredible football instincts. In the championship game, he was the best player on the line, the best player at corner, the best safety. Not to mention that he's a freaking linebacker. I've never seen someone start out on one side of the line and then end up on the other side of the field as a boundary corner, but that's the kind of thing you can do with a guy like Simmons.

Reactions: yunginsNU2 and c3o
Tannor was just a 4*while Greene is a mid level 4*, huge difference.
Greene runs a high 4.4 forty, Tannor doesn't.
Greenes frame is longer than Tannors.

These are the differences between playing against top players well, and making plays against those top players. Potential game changer.

Oh I’m your side there bro. Caleb Tannor was more of a pass rusher type player....what Georgia was recruiting him for. KeShawn Greene is one of those Elite LBs that is just as fast as DB is and we always seem to miss out on those type. Him and Nick Henrichs to last couple years have potentially gaven us some game changers at LB.

Oh I’m your side there bro. Caleb Tannor was more of a pass rusher type player....what Georgia was recruiting him for. KeShawn Greene is one of those Elite LBs that is just as fast as DB is and we always seem to miss out on those type. Him and Nick Henrichs to last couple years have potentially gaven us some game changers at LB.
I knew that, but theres some here that are worried about him being a miss. Its possible, but those old misses just didnt have those intangibles, we didnt have Ellis to confirm his frame is the right size to maintain his speed and add weight, and set him up with a world class diet, or a better SnC program we haven't had in a long while, or the staff that recruited him simply have a better eye for talent than in the past.
I simply gave some reasons, not disagreeing with you at all, you see it too.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I knew that, but theres some here that are worried about him being a miss. Its possible, but those old misses just didnt have those intangibles, we didnt have Ellis to confirm his frame is the right size to maintain his speed and add weight, and set him up with a world class diet, or a better SnC program we haven't had in a long while, or the staff that recruited him simply have a better eye for talent than in the past.
I simply gave some reasons, not disagreeing with you at all, you see it too.

agreed, those guys that are normally a miss aren’t even Top 250 players. The Top 100 guys tend to be legit. That’s why everyone wants them players and that’s exactly what KeShawn Greene is. GBR

Isaiah Simmons was never an edge rusher. He's used occasionally in the blitz game, but his skills are in pursuit, coverage, and overall football IQ. Simmons is also a freak of nature at nearly 6'5 with insane flexibility.

Reactions: c3o
I’m actually hoping Greene is more like Queen for LSU and just disruptive everywhere.

Simmons, nah.. He’s a Kam Chancellor-type with a little more speed while Chancellor was a better hitting hybrid. I think to get a Simmons type you need to take a rangy DB with great size and turn his body into a LBs. And just get really lucky that he has great instincts and pursuit

I want Greene to be our Lavonte David. Time will tell but we haven’t had a defender like that in quite a while

Remember when Isaiah Simmons had Nebraska in his top two? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
The day is coming when we no longer lose the studs that are Husker leans. You are starting to see it but soon will consistently be the case. We’ve had some crappy recruiters as assistants and head coaches for a long time. GBR!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT