ADVERTISEMENT

Key Johnson

Even if we had a good year and Riley was returning for another year?

Yeah, I know, we could have had a good year...but Mike Riley, Mike Cavanaugh, Danny Langsdorf, Bob Diaco, and Donte Williams, and others...and a lot of players that didn't buy in, just 'happened' to get in the way.

Does it make some of our fan base feel better about themselves to tear some of these players and coaches down? I've heard KJJ called fat, slow, lazy, etc. Drives me nuts. Let's just wish them luck and move on.

Not a fan of beating on players myself but......you really need to put this in perspective. This bashing was initiated by KJS and posted on the board. I think a little perspective towards how Nebraska fans are when someone outside the program attacks one of our players and attempts a "blackmail" effort to convince us to keep MR. I know the blackmail term is a little strong but I think everyone gets the generality of it.

If he wanted to come out and say he thinks MR needs another year fine......but saying his son won't come if we fire him and our former QB is the reason for MR losing is more than the average fan to want to tolerate.

Yeah, I know, we could have had a good year...but Mike Riley, Mike Cavanaugh, Danny Langsdorf, Bob Diaco, and Donte Williams, and others...and a lot of players that didn't buy in, just 'happened' to get in the way.
This isn't really about if Riley could have had a good season or not. It's about if KJJ was for sure not coming back to Nebraska no matter what.

Not a fan of beating on players myself but......you really need to put this in perspective. This bashing was initiated by KJS and posted on the board. I think a little perspective towards how Nebraska fans are when someone outside the program attacks one of our players and attempts a "blackmail" effort to convince us to keep MR. I know the blackmail term is a little strong but I think everyone gets the generality of it.

If he wanted to come out and say he thinks MR needs another year fine......but saying his son won't come if we fire him and our former QB is the reason for MR losing is more than the average fan to want to tolerate.
KJJ has been called those names since the day he was recruited. If someone wants to be pissed, then be pissed at Sr. Don't take it out on KJJ.

Tommy wasn't the most accurate, but has more heart in his pinkie than KJJ has in his entire being.

And you base that on? Seriously, the kid had lingering issues from his appendectomy, and barely got to participate in spring ball. What do you really know about him?

Reactions: Sinomatic
And you base that on? Seriously, the kid had lingering issues from his appendectomy, and barely got to participate in spring ball. What do you really know about him?

Not too much. Only that the player KJ Sr is talking shit about was one hell of a leader, could have probably taught his kid quite a bit, and never had to be called home by his daddy.

Last edited:
Why don't people leave the kid alone alone and let him do his thing. Nebraska fans are really turning everything into a freaking bitch fest these days.
Has nothing to do with Jr., but everything Sr. has to say being the helicopter dad he is. "My kid isn't coming here if Riley isn't here" First let your kid start to become a man, and like I posted nobody really gives two s*** what one kid does when it comes to the future of the program.

That's bitch festing? Don't read the forum.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with Jr., but everything Sr. has to say being the helicopter dad he is. "My kid isn't coming here if Riley isn't here" First let your kid start to become a man, and like I posted nobody really gives two s*** what one kid does when it comes to the future of the program.

That's bitch festing? Don't read the forum.
So, that makes it ok to call Jr names?

I would be pretty pissed off if someone started dumping on me for what others have said.

Every man deserves to be judged based on their own words and actions not their neighbors, fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, dogs, fish, or cat et cetera

...that includes armature sports players for state universities.

Reactions: nordakotahusker
I'll say it once again - if a player is only interested in Nebraska because Mike Riley is the coach, we don't want that player. Guys like that are more interested in things other than winning. They most likely want gaudy stats and lots of passes thrown while playing catch-up. They don't care whether they win or not.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
TA was a streaky QB and when he was bad he was awful. Like against Iowa two years ago in Lincoln. But when he was in a groove, the guy had a canon for an arm and could sling it better than he is given credit for.

Reactions: Crushinator
So, that makes it ok to call Jr names?
Quote me where I called the young man anything. But to answer your question, no. My beef is completely with Sr.

Actually I hope Jr. is allowed to go where he wants to and preferably it's NU.

I'll say it once again - if a player is only interested in Nebraska because Mike Riley is the coach, we don't want that player. Guys like that are more interested in things other than winning. They most likely want gaudy stats and lots of passes thrown while playing catch-up. They don't care whether they win or not.

Lol.... you think the majority of Alabama players go there because they love everything Alabama or because of the staff recruiting them?

I know he's been coddled by his dad, or he wouldn't have swooped in to pull his ass out of school. That's plenty enough for me.

Over-hyped WR. Doubt most of those offers were actionable. Good luck to the kid, hope he grows up.

We would have won a lot more games this year if TA had been playing
Not too sure about that. I would say NU almost certainly beats Northern Illinois with Armstrong at quarterback, but it's hard to say he would have turned any of the other 2017 losses into wins.

I do, however, find it amusing that the same people who squealed about how awful Armstrong was now get their garments in a wad when anyone criticizes Lee - because:
"We have no running game!"
"The O-line is a sieve!"
"The defense sucks and gets pushed around by any decent opponent!"

Yeah - and all of these problems just surfaced this year?

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Quote me where I called the young man anything. But to answer your question, no. My beef is completely with Sr.

Actually I hope Jr. is allowed to go where he wants to and preferably it's NU.
I never said you did, but there have been plenty that have since we started recruiting him and got worse when Sr pulled him out of school. It's what a potion of our fanbase does.

Not too sure about that. I would say NU almost certainly beats Northern Illinois with Armstrong at quarterback, but it's hard to say he would have turned any of the other 2017 losses into wins.
NU with TA and Banker is a 4 loss team most likely.

We won't win or lose in the next four years because of a WR. If he was a DT, or a QB, then I would be more bothered, and If he was the #1 prospect in the land at those important positions. Chances are we are going to need WR that can run the screen and block...

I know he's been coddled by his dad, or he wouldn't have swooped in to pull his ass out of school. That's plenty enough for me.

So you attribute the characteristics of the parent to the child. That makes perfect sense. I thought you were one of those bastions of open mindedness. Guess not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT