ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Warren Confirms: Son Plans to Play

John_J_Rambo

Offensive Coordinator
Jan 10, 2020

“As a family, we’ve had many difficult discussions regarding this issue,” Warren said. “But the decisions we make in the B1G Conference we have to look at from a macro level. We need to focus on what’s right for our nearly 10,000 student-athletes at 14 institutions.”

what a f'cking dickwad

The amount of people that don’t understand that Warren is a powerless figure head is disappointing. He is following marching orders from the academic leaders. The other part is his son is an adult who can do whatever the hell he wants.

The amount of people that don’t understand that Warren is a powerless figure head is disappointing. He is following marching orders from the academic leaders. The other part is his son is an adult who can do whatever the hell he wants.

All of this is true, but it still doesn't keep the optics from looking terrible.

according to this report, he's far from a powerless figurehead:

EfrOKmBXsAAQVTn

as for his son being an adult & able to do what he wants, he sure didn't have a problem telling 10,000 other adults how they can spend their time this fall.

the amount of people willing to carry the water of spineless bureaucrats is disappointing.

When there is a meeting, does he chair the meeting? He leads the direction of the meeting.

His note didn’t read like he was powerless, but believe what you want.

Maybe he can't stop him.

Ok then say that. Say I discussed the dangers with my son, and pleaded that he should opt out this season.

If his kid says dad I’m playing and that’s final then ok. I think we would all get that.

Karen Warren didn’t say that.. nothing close. He came off as his usual smug, arrogant self. He knows what’s best for 10k B1G athletes, but that doesn’t apply to him or his kin.

“As a family, we’ve had many difficult discussions regarding this issue,” Warren said. “But the decisions we make in the B1G Conference we have to look at from a macro level. We need to focus on what’s right for our nearly 10,000 student-athletes at 14 institutions.”

what a f'cking dickwad
This shows without a doubt that he is not concerned about covid or players safety. If you are willing to let your son play, there should be no issue with any other kid playing.

EfrOKmBXsAAQVTn

as for his son being an adult & able to do what he wants, he sure didn't have a problem telling 10,000 other adults how they can spend their time this fall.

the amount of people willing to carry the water of spineless bureaucrats is disappointing.
This has been my thought about things. Optics are terrible here... 10,000 athletes in your conference can’t play but your son in another conference can? I get that his son is an adult. But so are all of the athletes in the B1G. What gives?

No matter what he does the rest of his career, he will never overcome this. I’m guessing even he knows he is going to be loathed throughout the conference for the duration of his tenure. I know we are beating a dead horse here, but this couldn’t have been handled any worse, and the optics couldn’t be any worse.

Did he ever vouch for playing?
Did he fight it?
Hes been against plying from the start.

Reactions: Baxter48
This has been my thought about things. Optics are terrible here... 10,000 athletes in your conference can’t play but your son in another conference can? I get that his son is an adult. But so are all of the athletes in the B1G. What gives?

I get this because of the view, but if my step dad told me I couldn't do something when I was 18. I would have been unpleasant, but I had no financial obligation. I was an adult at 18.

I get this because of the view, but if my step dad told me I couldn't do something when I was 18. I would have been unpleasant, but I had no financial obligation. I was an adult at 18.

Yep, I get that too. Truth be told, I didn’t realize it was his step son. It does make a difference, for sure.

EfrOKmBXsAAQVTn

^^^This +1000^^^^

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
While I think it was the right decision to cancel the season, I think Warren has failed miserably in all aspects of the decision. It truly sounds like it was a Warren led decision rather than the Big 10 as a whole. To me, you don't cancel the season until everyone is fully on board.

I don't expect Warren to last much longer given the push back from student athletes, their parents and even coaches/ADs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT