ADVERTISEMENT

Keto: Week 17, Nothing to lose.

LightningJack

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2002
Except my hair o_O down 72 lbs. The Train don't stop, you don't want to get off (scratch that) but hoping it'll slow down. Lost 7 lbs this last week.

I had noticed a couple weeks ago, I hadn't shaved my head in a while and my beard wasn't filling in. I guess if the body doesn't get enough protein, it'll take it from your hair and nails. I've consistently had over a 100 grams of protein since I started, recently 120-140 grams a day. I've been about 30-35 carbs a day, last few weeks. I'm thinking I need to raise my protein to 150-160 grams a day. Maybe lower the carbs a bit more. Certainly don't want to kick myself out of Ketosis, so I ordered one these Keto things you blow into. To measure your ketones, so you don't have to use a pee strip or prick yourself to check blood. (This last sentence is too easy)

I did get blood work done last week (let my Dr. in on the joke) Only 2 things were high (Smokin ok 3) my bmi of course and total cholesterol (201) since my blood work last year. My bad cholesterol went up 28 points, but still within normal range. (Maybe the Meat 🐷) My hemoglobin was good, which was a concern with the hair growth slowing down. Nothing was low, so no surprises. I finally got a surgery date for my Knee replacement. This was the main reason I started Keto, to lose weight and get to a better bmi so the Dr. would do the surgery. Overall pain is down since I started weight loss, but the knee itself hasn't gotten the message yet.

Thoughts, comments always welcome.
GBR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News