ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State, Texas A&M and Ole Miss accused of Player Tampering ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
by Colorado State with huge NIL offers to CSU players NOT in the portal. Hardly a surprise, welcome to the new world of college football cheating.

LINK

Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that a couple of CSU players got big increases in their NIL this year. Not saying that the stories were made up, but it wouldn't be the first time that someone used a fake offer to get more $$. If K-State can afford $600k for a backup QB, their NIL program is a lot stronger than I thought.

Are players not free to be approached and accept new NIL deals? As far as I know, they can't be directly tied to you playing for a certain team. Maybe a couple of Kansas car dealers want to expand their market area. The NCAA has no right to interfere in commerce between parties and will do nothing because lawsuits would follow.

Can we offer county scholarships to players on other teams not already in the portal?

I believe that is legal now. You can't require them to play for the Huskers, but living in Lincoln could be a NIL requirement. Actually, if the new roster/scholarship rules go through, it would be more of a stipend on top of the scholarship since everyone on the roster would have one already.

I believe that is legal now. You can't require them to play for the Huskers, but living in Lincoln could be a NIL requirement. Actually, if the new roster/scholarship rules go through, it would be more of a stipend on top of the scholarship since everyone on the roster would have one already.
And remember everybody is expecting revenue sharing with players to be coming in the future. Many Universities are already starting to consider $20 million in their budgets for player revenue sharing purposes.

I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that a couple of CSU players got big increases in their NIL this year. Not saying that the stories were made up, but it wouldn't be the first time that someone used a fake offer to get more $$. If K-State can afford $600k for a backup QB, their NIL program is a lot stronger than I thought.

Are players not free to be approached and accept new NIL deals? As far as I know, they can't be directly tied to you playing for a certain team. Maybe a couple of Kansas car dealers want to expand their market area. The NCAA has no right to interfere in commerce between parties and will do nothing because lawsuits would

Wait didn't Will Howard leave because KSU has the all around best QB ever that will soon be the POTUS. Anyways I believe Norvell said this said months ago.
Ya I am not buying the Kstate story.they have Avery Johnson. I personally don’t know exactly what Kstate NIL is but i doubt it’s in a position to pay a backup Qb 600 k as OP above stated. And that kid is not leaving CSU without a guaranteed starting spot. CSU and Norvell got played by this kid.

Man, I appreciate that kid saying college football is about more than making money - but I hope for his sake he's not leaving any on the table

Reactions: countrybob
Ya I am not buying the Kstate story.they have Avery Johnson. I personally don’t know exactly what Kstate NIL is but i doubt it’s in a position to pay a backup Qb 600 k as OP above stated. And that kid is not leaving CSU without a guaranteed starting spot. CSU and Norvell got played by this kid.
You think when Howard left K-State didn't have internal discussions about making emergency plans in case Avery Johnson hit the portal too? I'm 1,0000% sure Johnson or his people were approached by other programs. No program can afford to get too comfortable that they're set at any position these days.

I could have seen them taking a 5th year guy who has some kid in front of him and would be a serviceable backup. I could see someone with K-State ties telling a high school coach or someone that "Brayden could be making $600k in NIL" or even that he would be worth that if AJ left. I could easily see Avery relaying a message to Dylan Edwards regarding what he could get before he entered the portal. But, nobody at K-State made a actual $600k offer for a backup QB. Avery might never pan out do to injuries or whatever, but it would be like KC signing Dak Prescott in case PM goes down and having no $$ left over for any supporting players.

You think when Howard left K-State didn't have internal discussions about making emergency plans in case Avery Johnson hit the portal too? I'm 1,0000% sure Johnson or his people were approached by other programs. No program can afford to get too comfortable that they're set at any position these days.
Howard left because Kielman chose Avery Johnson over him .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT