ADVERTISEMENT

Kaelin v Rezac 7pm Friday

Bellevue West down by 14 and Kaelin fumbles on the 1 yd line QB draw play.
Has he not been watching the Huskers?

Think they said he threw a pick earlier.

Reactions: kakdawg
Westside is the best NE high school team in 8-10 years. And even though BW got smoked, I’m still of the opinion that Kaelin has really good arm talent. Westside’s DL is nasty, so I don’t think you can put this all on Kaelin. As we have experienced, sometimes you just never truly know how a QB recruit will turn out.

Time will tell with Rezac. He has the ‘It’ factor in spades, and I hope the relationship turns around, but it sounds like it won’t work out with NU. If I had to bet I’d say he’s headed to South Bend on a PWO with his brother.

Last edited:
Westside is the best NE high school team since in 8-10 years. And even though BW got smoked, I’m still of the opinion that Kaelin has really good arm talent. Westside’s DL is nasty, so I don’t think you can put this all on Kaelin. As we have experienced, sometimes you just never truly know how a QB recruit will turn out.

Time will tell with Rezac. He has the ‘It’ factor in spades, and I hope the relationship turns around, but it sounds like it won’t work out with NU. If I had to bet I’d say he’s headed to South Bend on a PWO with his brother.

A lot of Omaha kids have a Notre Dame affection. I can't blame them.

They offer a shit ton for kids. If you aren't the 1% that gets to the NFL, you'll get a tremendous education and doors opened for you throughout your life.

A degree from Notre Dame is 1,000 times more valuable than a degree from Dear Old Nebraska. (That really sucked typing that).

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Westside is the best NE high school team since in 8-10 years. And even though BW got smoked, I’m still of the opinion that Kaelin has really good arm talent.…
Based on the qb camp results last Summer, he certainly should have great arm talent. But I wonder if he is hurt. It didn’t look like he had much velocity on short and mid-range passes..

BW with 3 D1 players on offense and they lay an egg? Yikes!! Any of them injured?

Westside is the best NE high school team since in 8-10 years. And even though BW got smoked, I’m still of the opinion that Kaelin has really good arm talent. Westside’s DL is nasty, so I don’t think you can put this all on Kaelin. As we have experienced, sometimes you just never truly know how a QB recruit will turn out.

It helps tremendously to have much better O linemen on your side.

I don't think they(our coaches) think Rezac is a good fit for what they want to do on offense. I have repeatedly said this isn't the type of offense this staff wants to run moving forward. They are doing it out of necessity. Another reason I'm sure they will be in the portal looking for QBs. If they were interested in running what we are this year I think Rezac would be a no brainer.

I won't pretend to know how either of these QBs will do at the next level. I do know they like one as a QB better than the other and they offered him.

I actually think Rezac is a "good athlete " but I'm not sure I'd offer him as an athlete. Sucks for him for sure. Who knows though maybe it works out for him. Wish him the best.

Holla

I don't think they(our coaches) think Rezac is a good fit for what they want to do on offense. I have repeatedly said this isn't the type of offense this staff wants to run moving forward. They are doing it out of necessity. Another reason I'm sure they will be in the portal looking for QBs. If they were interested in running what we are this year I think Rezac would be a no brainer.

I won't pretend to know how either of these QBs will do at the next level. I do know they like one as a QB better than the other and they offered him.

I actually think Rezac is a "good athlete " but I'm not sure I'd offer him as an athlete. Sucks for him for sure. Who knows though maybe it works out for him. Wish him the best.

Holla
You might be right. But they've also invested a lot of time since fall camp with Osborne to learn much of his offense and install it piece by piece in season which is almost unheard of.

They might realize they enjoy winning with it and how it really compliments the kind of defensive success they're having. You never know!

A lot of Omaha kids have a Notre Dame affection. I can't blame them.

They offer a shit ton for kids. If you aren't the 1% that gets to the NFL, you'll get a tremendous education and doors opened for you throughout your life.

A degree from Notre Dame is 1,000 times more valuable than a degree from Dear Old Nebraska. (That really sucked typing that).
As much as I seethe when they go to ND, I can’t blame them either. And I went to UNL!

Very true. I have talked to a couple of NE HS coaches, and they all say how insane Westside is overall.
Anyone know the % of players they live outside the district? Know schools do it but there’s always talk of certain schools that are able to upgrade a little bit better than others. What WESTSIDE is doing is on common for sure in terms of the results.

Anyone know the % of players they live outside the district? Know schools do it but there’s always talk of certain schools that are able to upgrade a little bit better than others. What WESTSIDE is doing is on common for sure in terms of the results.
I would love to see the numbers on that too. Because it’s becoming easier to see that a lot of top Class A schools bend NSAA rules.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Must get Christian Jones however, perhaps bigger get than Nelson, IMO.
I figure he will have enough time to either see himself making plays for Tony White or not. Any defensive player in the state who chooses someone else probably has issues anyway.

Westside school district definitely has benefited from the open enrollment policy now allowed. Not going to look it up but their teams in most sports were not very competitive in the late 90’s early 2000’s , maybe a Westside alum can chime in on that. If you look at it now, Westside’s dominance has been at the expense of Prep mostly, who for decades was able to ‘recruit’ the entire metro area for athletes.

Westside school district definitely has benefited from the open enrollment policy now allowed. Not going to look it up but their teams in most sports were not very competitive in the late 90’s early 2000’s , maybe a Westside alum can chime in on that. If you look at it now, Westside’s dominance has been at the expense of Prep mostly, who for decades was able to ‘recruit’ the entire metro area for athletes.
Taught there a long time ago and the out of district kids was present but not as prominent as recently.

Very true. I have talked to a couple of NE HS coaches, and they all say how insane Westside is overall.
Westside paid up to get Paul Limongi from Burke and he certainly has been worth the investment. I don’t know the man, wonder if he wants to get into college coaching at some point. Maybe take the Dan Young route??

Reactions: maplesyrup95
You might be right. But they've also invested a lot of time since fall camp with Osborne to learn much of his offense and install it piece by piece in season which is almost unheard of.

They might realize they enjoy winning with it and how it really compliments the kind of defensive success they're having. You never know!

I don't doubt that they would keep some aspect of these plays. But wholeheartedly think it was a matter of necessity for THIS year once they decided to go with HH.

I see no realistic world outside of them missing on portal QBs that has them sticking with this offense as its currently constructed. Why would u pay an OC 1.4mil to come in and run "this". I love the option game like the next man but hard pass on this offense moving forward.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT