ADVERTISEMENT

Just now turned it to Sportscenter & George Kittle was bashing Nebraska

HuskredO1

Nov 20, 2019
Did anybody else just catch the interview?

I don’t remember him playing against us. Anybody know if he was on the Iowa teams that we used to beat?

I didn’t hear it. He scored touchdowns in both 2015 and 2016 games

Van Pelt tee'd him up for it. Basically shat all over Nebraska and said Iowa was about to make it 5 in a row.

Reactions: busshusker
Van Pelt tee'd him up for it. Basically shat all over Nebraska and said Iowa was about to make it 5 in a row.
Yeah he did. SVP is probably a little butt hurt after that whooping we gave his boys Saturday.

Still bad pub for us on Sportscenter.

Win the game, otherwise I’m sure we’ll just retreat to the go-to move of reminding everyone of how good we were 2 decades ago. Husker fans will high five each other after trophy cases, and national titles from years gone by are posted while the rest of the college football world rolls their eyes and points to the scoreboard.

unfortunately I think we've reached the point where our past history, while amazing, is now completely irrelevant in present day college football other than an answer to trivia questions

Last edited:
Win the game, otherwise I’m sure we’ll just retreat to the go-to move of reminding everyone of how good we were 2 decades ago. Husker fans will high five each other after trophy cases, and national titles from years gone by are posted while the rest of the college football world rolls their eyes and points to the scoreboard.
This.

Well regardless of what ge said he is an Iowa alumn i would expect it.. but I honestly dont have a problem with him at all.. i love the way he plays and No he is not on my fantasy team Just like him i guess

“The rest of college football”? Nah, it’s just Iowa fans and they have no history to look back on and this is why they are over here en masse. They are absolutely the most insecure fan base in college football. Iowa did increase its all time wins lead over Rutgers over the weekend, Iowa now has a 5 game lead in all time wins over Rutgers.

Funny story happened at the golf club I belong to. One of the course maintenance workers is from Iowa. When he found out I was from Nebraska we both did some chirping each time we saw each other. Well the other day he had a new worker with him and he tried to take it to the next level. He said loudly Iowans are smarter the Nebraskans, that Nebraska likes when they go to Iowa as it will make them smarter just crossing border into Iowa. Well that kind of pissed me off so I just responded how is that Iowa knowledge thing doing for you, I am from Nebraska and obviously smart enough to make plenty of money to play golf everyday. You on the other hand being from Iowa mows the grass, rakes the sand and cleans up the course. He hasn't talked to me for a week now. This post was not a knock on golf course workers, it was a joke and I appreciate the work they do. Except when it is a brain surgeon like this guy was from Iowa.

“The rest of college football”? Nah, it’s just Iowa fans and they have no history to look back on and this is why they are over here en masse. They are absolutely the most insecure fan base in college football. Iowa did increase its all time wins lead over Rutgers over the weekend, Iowa now has a 5 game lead in all time wins over Rutgers.

WTF are you even talking about ignoramus? We didn't even play Rutgers. Iowa > Knowledge University.

Last edited:
Sarted a new account and screen name to come over here and post Knowledge University? Lame. Better luck with the next one.

Nope, not a new account. Been a member since 2001 on the Hawkeye board. Just never wasted my time in this barren sh*thole. I've better things to do than argue with a state of idiots.

Did someone let Claire know?

And, last night after win over Packers.
That’s between them, I served during the “don’t ask, don’t tell” era and I still practice that today. BTW, he did not represent well on SVP, he sounded like the ignorant jock stereotype. Additionally as pointed out above, SVP set him up due to Nebraska beating down Maryland, SVPs alma mater.

The duma$$ said we played them over the weekend. Not my fault he is wrong.
Lol.....you can’t get out of your own way, I clearly stated that by the way of winning on Saturday Iowa increased its all time win lead to 659 over Rutgers who currently sit at 654 in wins.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Lol at internet tough guy. Read carefully, left to right and slowly if necessary, all time wins: Iowa 659 and Rutgers 654. Iowa football is very comparable to Rutgers football. RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh
Lol at internet tough guy. Read carefully, left to right and slowly if necessary, all time wins: Iowa 659 and Rutgers 654. Iowa football is very comparable to Rutgers football. RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Ok smuck you got me on that one.

Kittle is a great player who's been a part of an Iowa Hawkeye program that hasn't won an outright conference championship in his lifetime and plays on an NFL team that's picked in the top 5 of the draft for most of his career. What's my point? Beating a great program like Nebraska is literally the pinnacle of his teams' sports accomplishments - I'm not surprised he's so proud to point it out.

That’s between them, I served during the “don’t ask, don’t tell” era and I still practice that today. BTW, he did not represent well on SVP, he sounded like the ignorant jock stereotype. Additionally as pointed out above, SVP set him up due to Nebraska beating down Maryland, SVPs alma mater.

His Dad, Bruce Kittle, was a starting tackle on Iowa's 1981 team coached by first year OL coach Kirk Ferentz.

His dad played with Bob Stoops at Iowa and was briefly on staff at OU with his former teammate.

George Kittle was born in Madison, Wisconsin and moved to Iowa at a young age. He attended Iowa City West High School in Iowa City, Iowa, Cedar Falls High School in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and Norman High School in Norman, Oklahoma. He committed to the University of Iowa to play college football. His father, Bruce Kittle, also played at Iowa and is a former college football coach.

Fwiw

His Dad, Bruce Kittle, was a starting tackle on Iowa's 1981 team coached by first year OL coach Kirk Ferentz.

His dad played with Bob Stoops at Iowa and was briefly on staff at OU with his former teammate.

George Kittle was born in Madison, Wisconsin and moved to Iowa at a young age. He attended Iowa City West High School in Iowa City, Iowa, Cedar Falls High School in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and Norman High School in Norman, Oklahoma. He committed to the University of Iowa to play college football. His father, Bruce Kittle, also played at Iowa and is a former college football coach.

Fwiw

Wait, are you the guy he was dancing with???

unfortunately I think we've reached the point where our past history, while amazing, is now completely irrelevant in present day college football other than an answer to trivia questions
Hard to say, to some idiotic fanbases IE Iowa, CU, UCF yes. I think to other proud blue blood programs, they realize the up and down swings top tier programs have. What Nebraska was in the 90s or what Alabama is now is not easy. It can't be done for 40, 50, 60 years stretches. Even Alabama will have another down period. So I don't think we are to the point of completely irrelevant. I agree, it is getting close. We need to have at least a top 10 finish very soon.
For whatever reason many view these last 4 years of horrific football as being the last 20. Even looking back the last 10 years, we have been ranked at some point during the year 7 out of 10 years. With 3 of those being a top 10 team. We have won 9 or more games 6 of the 10. We have been bowling all but the last 3. That is not a "completely irrelevant program.

This board is well-known for its "Why the Hell do them thar snowflakes git so easily oh-fended???" threads, and yet we're bothered by that little snippet from George Kittle? Good Lord.

Reactions: Yossarian23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT