ADVERTISEMENT

Just Business

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
nothing personal,

I think the 2nd half stalling on offense was from a few things.
1. big 12 refs
2. not wanting to do anything dumb, like travis hunter geting a pick 6 on raiola
3. our 2 backs might have been a bit tired from ramming folks (let try to play all 4)
4. the past 8 years we put it on coast geting up by 10 points..so 28 points is like a massive improvement.
5. rhule probably did'nt want to run it up on neon deon
6. it's probably best to keep a low profile and not destroy teams because it might come back on you down the road (get the w, and the money flows, climb rankings, work on weak links)
7. our own mistakes on some penalties

Nothing more than we were up big and CU has some explosive athletes. Rhule was smart and was going to run it and Deion knew that.

I also think it's funny that people think we were so conservative when we were throwing back shoulder fades when up 20+ and sending guys deep on wheel routes.

nothing personal,

I think the 2nd half stalling on offense was from a few things.
1. big 12 refs
2. not wanting to do anything dumb, like travis hunter geting a pick 6 on raiola
3. our 2 backs might have been a bit tired from ramming folks (let try to play all 4)
4. the past 8 years we put it on coast geting up by 10 points..so 28 points is like a massive improvement.
5. rhule probably did'nt want to run it up on neon deon
6. it's probably best to keep a low profile and not destroy teams because it might come back on you down the road (get the w, and the money flows, climb rankings, work on weak links)
7. our own mistakes on some penalties
the problem with holding penalties like on Ramir is that 52 yards is gone. The field isn't flipped and that 52 yards doesn't show up on the offensive yard stats. The 65 yard TD also got called back due to an unnecessary take down.

It was typical Nebraska to me not putting them to bed. Refs didn't help but we didn't move their line like we did in the first half. Play calling , freshman QB adds to the mix. We won and it's in the rear view mirror. We will get better .

I honestly think it came from a lack of respect Rhule had for colorados team. He said outloud after the game Colorado couldn’t score on us and I don’t think he wanted to show anything on offense he didn’t have to, knowing we have much better teams on the schedule ahead of us. The emotional fan in all of us wanted to crush Colorado. Rhule was rational and pulled the reigns back knowing Colorado is not the goal this year.

Nothing more than we were up big and CU has some explosive athletes. Rhule was smart and was going to run it and Deion knew that.

I also think it's funny that people think we were so conservative when we were throwing back shoulder fades when up 20+ and sending guys deep on wheel rouroute
I have an issue where Satt is putting DR'S check downs. 2 check downs on 3rd down were behind the LOS.

Without all the questionable penalties it would have been interesting to see if we could have emerged out of our offensive funk in the 2nd half. I think we might have.

It seemed after a couple of flags players were looking around as if to say, "Why is THAT being called all of a sudden?" It was deflating. And no, I'm not going to rewatch the 2nd half to confirm what I thought the first time. 😂

Without all the questionable penalties it would have been interesting to see if could have emerged out of our offensive funk in the 2nd half. I think they might have.

It seemed after a couple of flags players were looking around as if to say, "Why is THAT being called all of a sudden?" It was deflating. And no, I'm not going to rewatch the 2nd half to confirm what I thought the first time. 😂
I'm going to try. BTN has the 60 minute replay at 9 tonight. I'm going to flip back and forth with SNF.

Without all the questionable penalties it would have been interesting to see if we could have emerged out of our offensive funk in the 2nd half. I think we might have.

I rewatched the second half. Wasn't as bad as initially thought.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT