ADVERTISEMENT

Just becamse an FSU fan for a while...

As a father of a child that has autism, I am now a HUGE Rudolph fan Now! People can never understand how difficult life is for a child that has autism.

I am sorry Rivals won't let me like you more than once.

Two days ago I find out a boy that my son has been hanging out with for almost two years in our neighborhood has autism and I honestly had no idea. My son never mentioned it and I admit I have only met him a few times and I just didn't notice. Meant the world to me that my son just viewed him as a good kid and a friend and cared so little about it that he didn't even mention it to his own dad, and believe me we're close. Sometimes kids can be so awesome.

These are the stories that the news should be talking about. Not about cry baby has been/never was quarterbacks. What a great example of how most people are. The extreme minority get all of the coverage.

My daughter who is now a freshmen has no friends. She is very socially ignorant and life has been so hard for her. For years she would come home from school and just cry and screem. It was so bad we home schooled her for one year. I could go on forever but the bottom line is she hurts and it breaks my heart everyday that there is nothing I can do about it.

My daughter who is now a freshmen has no friends. She is very socially ignorant and life has been so hard for her. For years she would come home from school and just cry and screem. It was so bad we home schooled her for one year. I could go on forever but the bottom line is she hurts and it breaks my heart everyday that there is nothing I can do about it.
Sorry to hear that! I hope that things get better for her! I teach/coach and see this all the time. The other day one of our students was all alone at a big table for lunch. I talked to him and said "Hey, you are not going to eat all alone" and he looked up at me and shrugged and said "It is okay, I don't mind"

Just then, another kid sitting with about 7 people must have heard or seen me and said "Hey, he can come sit with us, come on over"

It was great to see and the kid that was sitting alone was as happy as could be. He has sat with them everyday now.

Later I pulled the kid that invited him over and told him how impressed I was with what he did and what a great thing it was.

the autism situation in this country is staggering.

travis made a lot of people feel better for a bit with a simple and kind gesture.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT