ADVERTISEMENT

Jurgens

6-2 isn't exactly a prototypical tackle but this team sure needs an infusion of talent at that position. Guard seems more likely with that build.

270 is awfully big for TE.

Sounds like the kid is just an athlete and strong as hell and they don't know what they wanna do with him exactly.

He's listed at 6-3, who knows?

He could even be a freak OLB-type pass rusher I guess? I dunno. Doesn't it depend on how much bigger he actually gets? 270 might be a bit small for a D end, but if he got up to 290 and still had freakishly powerful legs, you'd think being a DE would be a good fit.

If he can keep his speed, 270 would be just fine for a tight end. Gronkowski is 265, Travis Kelce is 260 and can really run. Imagine him getting wide open on a short play action pass and some DB having to tackle him with a full head of steam.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
We are honestly pretty rich at tight end right now between Austin Allen, Rafdal, and Stoll. I remember watching Jurgens in high school that dude is easily 6'4" and could hold 330 lbs on that frame no problem. He'd be a very good DE as he's got amazing length, this is a good problem to have.

Last edited:
We are honestly pretty rich at tight end right now between Austin Allen, Rafdal, and Stoll. I remember watching him in high school that dude is easily 6'4" and could hold 330 lbs on that frame no problem. He'd be a very good DE as he's got amazing length, this is a good problem to have.
IIRC, he had ridiculous hand strength and it would take 3 kids to tackle him at times.

The problem with tight end is he wont be an every down player at that position. DE he will be.
But I understand the draw of TE.
Nice problem to have.

6-2 isn't exactly a prototypical tackle but this team sure needs an infusion of talent at that position. Guard seems more likely with that build.

270 is awfully big for TE.

Sounds like the kid is just an athlete and strong as hell and they don't know what they wanna do with him exactly.

I disagree with the height comment. I don't want a 6-5 guy at defensive tackle or nose. I want a 6-2 or so guy with alot of lower body strength. The OLB in a 3-4 should be fast and rangy. At his height and power he should be a defensive tackle or offensive guard.

He needs to start next year. However they figure that out, I’m cool with. He is a future NFLer.

He needs to start next year. However they figure that out, I’m cool with. He is a future NFLer.

He doesn't belong as a tight end. I believe he will be red shirted and moved. 270 as a freshman, he'll be over 3 bills as a senior. I hope he goes to the defense. That's where we need explosive athletes.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
We are honestly pretty rich at tight end right now between Austin Allen, Rafdal, and Stoll. I remember watching Jurgens in high school that dude is easily 6'4" and could hold 330 lbs on that frame no problem. He'd be a very good DE as he's got amazing length, this is a good problem to have.

We don't have a defensive end. He is already too large for that position.

I disagree with the height comment. I don't want a 6-5 guy at defensive tackle or nose. I want a 6-2 or so guy with alot of lower body strength. The OLB in a 3-4 should be fast and rangy. At his height and power he should be a defensive tackle or offensive guard.
He's Legit 6' 4"

Reactions: red scowl
He's Legit 6' 4"

I doubt it. He is still too short to be a tight end or tackle, unless he has abnormally long arms. Tight ends and Tackles are usually of the height of a small power forward. The height of 6-5 for either position is less than nominal.

Was just going to say 6'3" seems too modest. I am 6'6" and he sure seemed all of 6'4" to me (was standing next to him) and he was on crutches at the time. Big boy.

He has some knuckle draggers

However tall he is, he needs to be on the field. He's like 18 or 19 right? I look at his picture and forget what class he was in. He needs to see the field sooner rather than later. I don't think tight end best suits him. He has a shit ton of potential.

I was referring to OT, not DT. If he's 6'4 he could conceivably slide inside to tackle. Last thing I saw had said 6'2 so who knows. Not that we didn't used to have some relatively short OL at Nebraska.

If he is what they say, they sure could use the help at OT, but I don't know what kind of learning curve that would be. You don't wanna reverse Baker Steinkuhler him and put him on the OL and be just solid when he could have been a great DL.

I was referring to OT, not DT. If he's 6'4 he could conceivably slide inside to tackle. Last thing I saw had said 6'2 so who knows. Not that we didn't used to have some relatively short OL at Nebraska.

If he is what they say, they sure could use the help at OT, but I don't know what kind of learning curve that would be. You don't wanna reverse Baker Steinkuhler him and put him on the OL and be just solid when he could have been a great DL.

Amen, brother.

Well you are about to be disappointed big time. These coaches like DEs in the 6'5 -6'8 category. I agree with you at NG though. But out at DE they want length. Now I think 6'4 with long arms may be plenty enough. I think that's about what Jutgens is.

But all you have to do is look at the guys they are recruiting for the position to see they value that length....Robinson 6'6, The kid who visited Saturday from Texas 6'8, The commit from Iowa listed at 6'5, Wilderman 6'6, the other DE from last year's class 6'5, they moved Walker back to DE 6'8. That's enough evidence for me to know what they are looking for. Also they had a couple high draft guys out of Oregon when Frost was there who went 6'7 and 6'7.

Holla

Last edited:
Reactions: Black5hirt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT