ADVERTISEMENT

Jurgens thinking about entering the NFL draft

BugsAreQualityProtein

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 14, 2021

Not sure what to think about this. On one hand he’s easily the most athletic center we’ve had in I don’t know 15-20 years? On the other he was inconsistent with high snaps and dumb penalties.

Not sure what to think about this. On one hand he’s easily the most athletic center we’ve had in I don’t know 15-20 years? On the other he was inconsistent with high snaps and dumb penalties.

What? He is a stud and he hasn’t had snapping issues in over a year.

What? He is a stud and he hasn’t had snapping issues in over a year.
Yeah your correct about his body of work this year. I’m curious if Austin’s firing is making him contemplate making the jump. IMO he’s still a bit raw and could do with another year of development. The only concern I have is who is the new OL coach going to be. That hire might be the most important out of any.

Yeah your correct about his body of work this year. I’m curious if Austin’s firing is making him contemplate making the jump. IMO he’s still a bit raw and could do with another year of development. The only concern I have is who is the new OL coach going to be. That hire might be the most important out of any.
He definitely was close with Austin.

Losing Cam would be devastating.

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

You may want to re-watch the Iowa game. Smothers fumble was partly due to a high snap.
Yep. Still had the high snaps from time to time just not as egregious as prior seasons. I'm sure he'll develop into a good NFL guard and we'll all wonder why the hell Nebraska wasted him at center.

He definitely was close with Austin.
Yeah I think that’s what could driving his decision the most. In the article it mentions that Frost may be pursing Donovan Raiola(Dominic’s brother). It says he’s noted as a technician and likes to teach the finer details of the craft. That could be just what the OL needs, but it could also be catastrophically bad. Our OL has trouble enough just sticking to their assignments and playing till the whistle.

Regardless, he is arguably the 4th best center in the Big Ten and only 8 or 9 centers will be taken. The 3rd team all big ten center last year was a 7th rd pick and a practice squad player. I would think another year would be more lucrative for him long term.
Yes, please. Guys love to throw shade at Jurgens but it would be huge to have him back next year.

Reactions: solarpanels
some of this is dependent on who they hire, but I think we're starting to see a bit of a consensus form from the players.. a bit of a tipping point if you were to ask me to characterize it.

Cam is the kind of athlete that NFL teams want. Going into this season I thought it could be his last. He did okay with the snaps this year, but more importantly he stayed healthy. It's been a few years since he last had problem with his feet. I certainly believe he would project to the middle rounds. He's such a great athlete, and I haven't heard any bad words about him. Seems like a good teammate and hard worker.
And if he wasn't the best center in the Big 10 last year, he was productive enough and his athleticism projects well. Aaron Taylor was the best college offensive lineman in the country, and the NFL could have cared less. It's much less about what you've done and more about what you can do in the future. And athletes like Cam just don't grow on trees, not even in the NFL.

I wish cam well in the NFL...we went 3-9 and alot of folks pinned it directly on the oline
thus we need a new o-line coach. thats how things work

Justin Jackson was pretty darn athletic and used as a puller that season. Broke his ankle vs Iowa sadly.

Regardless, he is arguably the 4th best center in the Big Ten and only 8 or 9 centers will be taken. The 3rd team all big ten center last year was a 7th rd pick and a practice squad player. I would think another year would be more lucrative for him long term.
Maybe he'll play guard at the next level

Reactions: BleedRed78
Is Jurgens really a good/great athlete? I haven’t seen any evidence of that! He can’t consistently snap a ball so how is he athletic?

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
If Frost told Amart not to come back I wonder if Cam doesn’t want to play for a new qb. Seems like the players respect AMart and the center/qb relationship has to be close.

give it a shot

Losing Cam would be devastating.
I agree. Other than him, we have no athleticism, talent, or guys with any solid fundamental play on the O-line. Unless we are able to get some of that in the transfer portal, we could be in big trouble next year.

RBs are defecting because few on the O-line can block. QB’s are getting bones broken and running for their life because O-line can’t pass protect. Inexplicable how our O-line is the absolute worst in the B1G and possibly all of FBS. At least we got rid of part of the problem. If the next O-Line can coach them out the bottom feeder status we may win a few more games next year. Hard to say with this group.

Reactions: otismotis08
One way or the Other Frost will find a way to lose again. He'll gravitates towards 4-9 as if being pulled by a magnetic force. When we lose to Northwestern next season due to same shit issues, you h_mos will find a way to keep the losing coach again.

This was Frost's Peak Talent year and he failed miserably and went 3-9.

One way or the Other Frost will find a way to lose again. He'll gravitates towards 4-9 as if being pulled by a magnetic force. When we lose to Northwestern next season due to same shit issues, you h_mos will find a way to keep the losing coach again.

This was Frost's Peak Talent year and he failed miserably and went 3-9.
Please, just give it a rest already! What is it you think you are gaining from all this B.S. you're constantly spewing? If you don't like what's going on, pick a team from the west coast and move on already. I recommend you hitch your wagon to Lincoln Riley and become a USC fan and leave us alone since no one wants you here anymore. My god, you're worse than any Iowa troll that visit this board.

Mods, please help him move along and give this guy the vacation he so badly needs!

Reactions: scarletred
Dude was rock solid this year. He takes coaching well, he is motivated, and he is mature. This kid is a rarity. No wrong answer here for him.
3rd/4th round money or 1st/ 2nd round money is a big difference. Kid should stay another year.

You may want to re-watch the Iowa game. Smothers fumble was partly due to a high snap.
Smother's fumble was purely about Belt trying to take the ball and Smothers not making the right read. Then as he pulled the ball he hit it on Belt's thigh knocking it loose. The snap had nothing to do with it. You need to watch some NFL shotgun snaps. Cam has been consistently very good this year.

3rd/4th round money or 1st/ 2nd round money is a big difference. Kid should stay another year.
There aren't many 1st round NFL drafted centers. I think the OU center was the first off the board to KC late in the 2nd (and he's been a stud for the Chiefs). If Cam gets a 3rd or 4th round grade, I'd recommend that he goes for it. Sucks for the Huskers, but it's best for him. If he's healthy and the NFL is prepared to pay him, I think he should go ahead. I don't think his stock will go up much by staying another year, and there's always a risk if he stays.

Reactions: Anegada1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT