ADVERTISEMENT

Josuha Moore

Nice to see this great news this evening. Now lets hold onto the commitment until he signs in December!!

giphy.gif

Congratulations young man. Welcome aboard. Nicely done, coaches..

Very happy we got him. Hopefully he can play right away.

Anyone know why a 5* WR is going to Kanas?

According to the recruiting services our team should have been more talented than Wisconsin since we have been in the Big ten yet Wisconsin has been able to be competitive and/or beat tOSU, Michigan and Penn State on a regular basis... the talent gap is a poor excuse.
Fine. I hope you are right. But you are missing my more positive point: we have the talent to have a 10-2 year and win the division. And the addition of players like Moore makes the future even brighter.

I sympathize with that point. But the talent gap right now is just too great

It's like some in our fan base have lost it. Nebraska hasn't consitently beat the likes of Winconsin/Iowa since joining the B10. We need to start by dominating them and routinely getting to the conference championship. Tne we are ready to take the next big step and regularly compete with the likes of Michigan and Ohio State.

It's like some in our fan base have lost it. Nebraska hasn't consitently beat the likes of Winconsin/Iowa since joining the B10. We need to start by dominating them and routinely getting to the conference championship. Tne we are ready to take the next big step and regularly compete with the likes of Michigan and Ohio State.
If you're dominating Wisconsin, chances are you can compete with anyone, including OSU and Mich. The days of getting blown out should be well behind us, especially if Diaco has anything to say about it. If your defense can keep the game close, then you always have a shot.

If you're dominating Wisconsin, chances are you can compete with anyone, including OSU and Mich. The days of getting blown out should be well behind us, especially if Diaco has anything to say about it. If your defense can keep the game close, then you always have a shot.

Absolutely! I really hope that's the case, and I would think a coordinator like Diaco would be able to help prevent a blowout. That's why we're paying him huge dollars!

Very happy we got him. Hopefully he can play right away.

Anyone know why a 5* WR is going to Kanas?

Tony Hull, the first year RB coach, at KU is from New Orleans. It pissed off alot of the Louisiana HS coaches when he was passed up for a job on the LSU staff (for Mickey Joseph) so they started pushing their kids toward Coach Hull and KU. KU has 5 Louisiana kids committed, probably their top 5 commits.

Tony Hull, the first year RB coach, at KU is from New Orleans. It pissed off alot of the Louisiana HS coaches when he was passed up for a job on the LSU staff (for Mickey Joseph) so they started pushing their kids toward Coach Hull and KU. KU has 5 Louisiana kids committed, probably their top 5 commits.

And Tony Hull is yet further proof that if you bring in the right coaches and they actually put forth effort into recruiting, you can bring talent to just about anywhere.
The number of people claiming you couldn't recruit to Nebraska were utterly clueless.
Step 1: Get good recruiters.
Step 2: Dedicate time and resources towards recruiting.
Step 3: Profit.

PSU made a huge leap forward last year...no reason we can't do the same this year.
And what turned PSU's season around last year was that after the big loss to Michigan, the coaches decided to take the training wheels off of their young QB, McSorley, and just let him play. From that point on their offense was a juggernaut, even though their offensive line and defense were just so-so.

So... I am hoping that Tanner Lee is that great catalyst for us as well. It is amazing what a difference a QB can be.

Reactions: brianm1202

If we are dominating WI I would agree. But we need to start by beating them routinely.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
And Tony Hull is yet further proof that if you bring in the right coaches and they actually put forth effort into recruiting, you can bring talent to just about anywhere.
The number of people claiming you couldn't recruit to Nebraska were utterly clueless.
Step 1: Get good recruiters.
Step 2: Dedicate time and resources towards recruiting.
Step 3: Profit.

I don't disagree but Tony Hull is generally more proof that spite is still an ever present emotion to deal with.

How many of these ATH are WR's? I assume atleast one will be in the defensive backfield? Jergens is a TE correct?

How many of these ATH are WR's? I assume atleast one will be in the defensive backfield? Jergens is a TE correct?
I think Goodrich and Williams will be DB's, Jurgens will be a TE and Fuller will not be part of the class (WR if he somehow ends up here).

Reactions: SWIowahawks
And what turned PSU's season around last year was that after the big loss to Michigan, the coaches decided to take the training wheels off of their young QB, McSorley, and just let him play. From that point on their offense was a juggernaut, even though their offensive line and defense were just so-so.

So... I am hoping that Tanner Lee is that great catalyst for us as well. It is amazing what a difference a QB can be.
So it had nothing to do with their running game?

You could make a good argument that it didn't. I had no idea, so I decided to look it up. Comparing PSU to Nebraska, passing yardage was the only significant statistical difference between the teams

Nebraska's and PSU's defenses were virtually the same in 2016. NU - ranked 30th (363.7 yds allowed per game), PSU ranked 37th (367.9 yds allowed per game)

Nebraska rushing offense - ranked 73rd (169.2 yds/game), PSU ranked 66th (171.9 yds/game)

Nebraska passing offense - ranked 86th (211.7 yds/game), PSU ranked 36th (260.7 yds/game)

Nebraska turnover margin - ranked 34th (+.38/game), PSU ranked 64th (+.07/game)

Edited: PSU's rushing was ranked 66th, not 73rd

Last edited:
Reactions: jlb321
You could make a good argument that it didn't. I had no idea, so I decided to look it up. Comparing PSU to Nebraska, passing yardage was the only significant statistical difference between the teams

Nebraska's and PSU's defenses were virtually the same in 2016. NU - ranked 30th (363.7 yds allowed per game), PSU ranked 37th (367.9 yds allowed per game)

Nebraska rushing offense - ranked 73rd (169.2 yds/game), PSU ranked 73rd (171.9 yds/game)

Nebraska passing offense - ranked 86th (211.7 yds/game), PSU ranked 36th (260.7 yds/game)

We can only win if we stop recruiting WR's and starting recruiting only OL and RBs. :)

The other team in the title game barely broke the Top 40 in rushing (39).

Yep 175 YPG and 4.6 is good enough to win the B1G

But 169 YPG and 4.2 is a pathetic display.

When you consider that Nebraska's opponents were begging us to throw vs PSUs opponents having to fear the passing game our running game was pretty good. If all things are equal - a much improved passing game will do wonders for the running game.

Both Nebraska and PSU had playmakers at QB. One made plays for his team and the other too often made plays for the opposing team.

Except one team had to use their Qb while the other was done almost exclusively with their RB...

Jeeminy. So its not just "run the football" its "run it with that guy" or it doesn't count.

TA accounted for 23% of all rushing yards.

Do we need to go back and subtract out Frazier's and Crouch's rushing totals?

A system is a system, with another 100 carries to go around, the RB's will probably get them. And I'm hoping they save a few for guys like Tyjon and Spielman.

Reactions: timnsun
Actually I just looked it up. Barkley had 272 carries. Newby had 190. If you take all TA's carries and just give them to Newby, Newby ends up with more carries than Barkley by about 30. He also had a slightly better average than TA. We'll be fine.

Moore apparently was the 2nd silent commit. They do work out for us from time to time :)

Except one team had to use their Qb while the other was done almost exclusively with their RB...

Actually McSorely had more carries than Armstrong. 146 carries for 365 yards and 2.5 YPC compared to 113 carries for 512 yards and 4.5 YPC.

So either PSU's line sucked and he was sacked a bunch or PSU's line sucked and he had to run a bunch on broken plays or he had a bunch of designed runs but wasn't as efficient as Armstrong and Nebraska.

It's fun to actually look at the real numbers and not just spout crap off based on what you think you remember.

DCm1pxLUQAAJKeQ.jpg

Offers:
- Alabama
- Arizona
- Arizona State
- Arkansas
- Auburn
- BYU
- California
- Cincinnati
- Colorado
- Colorado State
- Duke
- Florida
- Florida State
- Georgia
- Houston
- Illinois
- Iowa State
- Kansas
- Kentucky
- LSU
- Louisville
- Maryland
- Miami (FL)
- Michigan
- Michigan State
- Mississippi State
- Missouri
- Nebraska
- North Carolina
- Notre Dame
- Ohio State
- Oklahoma
- Oklahoma State
- Ole Miss
- Oregon
- Oregon State
- Purdue
- SMU
- Sam Houston State
- South Carolina
- Tennessee
- Texas
- Texas A&M
- Texas Tech
- Tulane
- Tulsa
- UCLA
- ULM
- USC
- UTSA
- Virginia Tech
- Washington State
- West Virginia
Count em 53 offers!! #5 star talent!!http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...s-land-another-espn-300-recruit-wr-josh-moore

Reactions: HuskerO
DCm1pxLUQAAJKeQ.jpg

Offers:
- Alabama
- Arizona
- Arizona State
- Arkansas
- Auburn
- BYU
- California
- Cincinnati
- Colorado
- Colorado State
- Duke
- Florida
- Florida State
- Georgia
- Houston
- Illinois
- Iowa State
- Kansas
- Kentucky
- LSU
- Louisville
- Maryland
- Miami (FL)
- Michigan
- Michigan State
- Mississippi State
- Missouri
- Nebraska
- North Carolina
- Notre Dame
- Ohio State
- Oklahoma
- Oklahoma State
- Ole Miss
- Oregon
- Oregon State
- Purdue
- SMU
- Sam Houston State
- South Carolina
- Tennessee
- Texas
- Texas A&M
- Texas Tech
- Tulane
- Tulsa
- UCLA
- ULM
- USC
- UTSA
- Virginia Tech
- Washington State
- West Virginia
Count em 53 offers!! #5 star talent!!http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...s-land-another-espn-300-recruit-wr-josh-moore

But where is Kansas State? Winking

It had a lot to do with the running game. Specifically, quarterback running. Previous to the Michigan game the PSU coaches did not want McSorley to run the ball, fearing injury. But after that game they cut McSorley loose and let him use his legs. That dual threat opened up their offense.

Nebraska rushing offense - ranked 73rd (169.2 yds/game), PSU ranked 73rd (171.9 yds/game)

Very good . Sam at the WH showed Wi built success by basically developing their lines to top levels, where OSU and Mi had them was better results at other positions, probably most contributed by recruiting more initial talent. Some misc thoughts :
- We are bringing in a higher level of specialty talent and have the coaches and systems to develop,
- Our o - line has talent to run block and there will be more group coaching for pass blocking now.
With higher skilled pocket db's and abilities to get the ball out, we could improve this weakness.
- Our running game will benefit by quick passes off run fakes and similar plays. We will see plays
the NFL has improved over what is common in college.
- The D coaches are actually an outstanding group. HUGE gains coming here. They will be red zone
tough and get more turnovers while limiting big plays - these coaches were known for excellence
in these categories.
- Minnesotas new coach excelled by dominating turnover margin, this will not be lost on us. Huge
improvement should really show up in special teams this year also. We were so horrible when we
initiated coaching changes in this area.
- P Husker pointed out some differences in qb position between N and PSU in addition; in this system, we will be light
years ahead now - especially in hitting open receivers, going through progressions, seeing the field.

Jeeminy. So its not just "run the football" its "run it with that guy" or it doesn't count.

TA accounted for 23% of all rushing yards.

Do we need to go back and subtract out Frazier's and Crouch's rushing totals?

A system is a system, with another 100 carries to go around, the RB's will probably get them. And I'm hoping they save a few for guys like Tyjon and Spielman.
Ok so system, efficiency, wear and tear on QB, sacks, QB scambles are all irrelevant... got it.

It had a lot to do with the running game. Specifically, quarterback running. Previous to the Michigan game the PSU coaches did not want McSorley to run the ball, fearing injury. But after that game they cut McSorley loose and let him use his legs. That dual threat opened up their offense.

The guy who avg 2.5 yards a run? Thats what opened it up? The guy who avg negative yards a carry in 3 games and less than 2 ypc in 4 other games?

The guy who avg 2.5 yards a run? Thats what opened it up? The guy who avg negative yards a carry in 3 games and less than 2 ypc in 4 other games?

Can't lean on the "production" side too much. (not saying discount it). Folks around here have wanted us to run the ball even when its not productive because it'll buy gains elsewhere (ie wearing the D out).

I'd say that having the threat of the QB run is an equivalent "gains elsewhere" type of argument even if the QB is not Vick type of numbers. (it sets the D back one more player to account for the QB).

Can't lean on the "production" side too much. (not saying discount it). Folks around here have wanted us to run the ball even when its not productive because it'll buy gains elsewhere (ie wearing the D out).

I'd say that having the threat of the QB run is an equivalent "gains elsewhere" type of argument even if the QB is not Vick type of numbers. (it sets the D back one more player to account for the QB).
GEBBIA was stressing the D when he was rolling out in the Spring game. He was cutting up and back in creating a run pass option - crowd loved it

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2017/jun/22/nebraska-met-criteria-for-yoakum-senior/
"For one, it's a family environment up there," Moore said. "I went up there for the spring game a couple of months ago. I went up there for the first time, and I felt like I visited like 20 times. They treated me like I was a senior already.

"Every other visit has been good, but I just felt something about Nebraska stood out to me and my parents the most. I felt comfortable there. That's pretty much what sealed the deal."

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT