ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Fleeks

Truewooper

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 1, 2022
Really good idea by the team to get Josh Fleeks going as a RB in the room. Might need to gain a little weight though lol.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
Too bad they didnt want to compete under a new staff. Oops
That's such BS. You are on a complete roll of ridiculousness today.
Exactly. Why keep guys that didn’t want to be here. I guess Nikki missed the practice footage of Allen loafing around because he was obviously already thinking about a different landing place…

Some would say cliff-like.
Ah, the fall of Cliff Huxtable… a direct reference to William Cosby dropping from the pinnacle of being America’s darling representative of wholesome family values to the bowels of unprecedented creep-o extraordinaire.

Well played @inWV -a metaphor for the ages.

p.s. Apologies for letting my random silliness impose an improper interpretation, but I couldn’t resist.

Fleeks' career statistics would suggest he was going to be of little help at reciever. Not sure what Rhule's reasoning was for taking him other than familiarity.
If we are going to take in portal players we should be heavy on lower division players who've excelled. We've done well with that.
Buschini, Omar Brown, Toure....

Reactions: arf_man
you and all the other groupthinkers said this exact thing about Sims preseason

next man up if grant goes down
Um... if Grant goes down it would be next man up. Next man up. Next man up.

If the same would play out, I think we might be looking at a WR playing QB then too.

Fleeks' career statistics would suggest he was going to be of little help at reciever. Not sure what Rhule's reasoning was for taking him other than familiarity.
If we are going to take in portal players we should be heavy on lower division players who've excelled. We've done well with that.
Buschini, Omar Brown, Toure....
McGuire best friend and Matt recruited him out of HS. But will give Garret a ton of credit, he’s not showing Fleeks any preferential treatment on the field.

Fleeks rubbed me the wrong way running his mouth early when he got here. Really naive and stupid stuff as if he had no idea what the history of the program was. but I soon got over it. He’s a kid. And struggling to get on the field. Maybe RB will prove to be his calling. Here’s hoping

McGuire best friend and Matt recruited him out of HS. But will give Garret a ton of credit, he’s not showing Fleeks any preferential treatment on the field.

Fleeks rubbed me the wrong way running his mouth early when he got here. Really naive and stupid stuff as if he had no idea what the history of the program was. but I soon got over it. He’s a kid. And struggling to get on the field. Maybe RB will prove to be his calling. Here’s hoping
What did he say?

This may be less about Johnson and more about Ives not being ready. Fleeks is a veteran player and can be useful at a position that now seriously lacks depth.
especially agains a quality team like MI. Don't want to throw a true freshman against a defense with guys that are going to be in the nfl.

This may be less about Johnson and more about Ives not being ready. Fleeks is a veteran player and can be useful at a position that now seriously lacks depth.
It would be nice to someday recruit a running back who is good enough to play as a freshman. Other teams, like Wisconsin and Minnesota, seem to find those players.

It would be nice to someday recruit a running back who is good enough to play as a freshman. Other teams, like Wisconsin and Minnesota, seem to find those players.
Gabe Ervin started the first game as a true freshman.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
especially agains a quality team like MI. Don't want to throw a true freshman against a defense with guys that are going to be in the nfl.
So Michigan should feel the same way. Or as a Nebraska fan did you somehow not think of that?

So Michigan should feel the same way. Or as a Nebraska fan did you somehow not think of that?
Harbaugh has MI on another level. Our defense is better but I'd bet that MI has more guys drafted than we do. Sucks we lost hausman to them, which could be another nfl guy.

Last edited:
Gabe Ervin started the first game as a true freshman.
He didn't produce much (yes, I know he was injured, but there's no guarantee that he would have produced much if hadn't been injured).

He didn't produce much (yes, I know he was injured, but there's no guarantee that he would have produced much if hadn't been injured).
Oddly, the game where he got injured was probably his best game as a runner.

Reactions: BleedRed78
What did he say?
just really immature and uneducated on the program kind of stuff. It was easy to tell he didn’t have a good understanding of the history and knowledge of the fan base. Oh well. He’s a kid and at an age that Huskers have never been a power in his life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT