ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Martin - alleged NFL bullying victim taken into custody

Get him mental health now. He needs serious work for sure. Going to spend a bunch of time behind bars for this though.

Bullying has long term effects for sure.

Was this a threat? I'm not sure it is. People say stuff all the time and others don't over react.

I do find it interesting that not one of you said a thing about those doing the bullying.

It also looks like now as a society, we are going to foster a culture that encourages people to 'report' all kinds of things, even if there is no crime committed.

Welcome to the USSA.

Was this a threat? I'm not sure it is. People say stuff all the time and others don't over react.

I do find it interesting that not one of you said a thing about those doing the bullying.

It also looks like now as a society, we are going to foster a culture that encourages people to 'report' all kinds of things, even if there is no crime committed.

Welcome to the USSA.

Harvard West Lake is a high school that went on lockdown after the post. Seems like something to take seriously

Last edited:
Reactions: jeans15

Welcome to the USSA.

You don’t think posting a photo containing the name of a specific school, a gun, ammunition, and a note contemplating revenge constitute a threat?

You don’t think posting a photo containing the name of a specific school, a gun, ammunition, and a note contemplating revenge constitute a threat?
I don't. People say all kinds of things directly to people, and no one takes it serious. He didn't say shooting, he didn't even say kill, so it wasn't a direct threat like "I'm gonna kill you" etc.

The problem with this sort of thing in light of the school shooting is we are quickly creating a society with no freedom and now people are encouraged to be instantly triggered by some picture posted on a website.

Bullies are relentless, causing emotional torture over and over and over until the other person breaks down.

Yet everyone here is out to judge this guy as sick or mental or whatever.

It might just be that the bullies are the ones with the actual problem, but yeah, lets keep treating symptoms and not the problem.

The problem with this sort of thing in light of the school shooting is we are quickly creating a society with no freedom and now people are encouraged to be instantly triggered by some picture posted on a website.

Could be because we have 17 dead teens from last week at the hands of a person who sent out signals like this that nobody did anything about.

Except tell him he can’t bring a backpack into the school.

Going back and giving Incognito an atomic wedgie over what he did do or did not do to Martin in no way gets Martin what he needs.

Reactions: bbarry464
I don't. People say all kinds of things directly to people, and no one takes it serious. He didn't say shooting, he didn't even say kill, so it wasn't a direct threat like "I'm gonna kill you" etc.

Bullies are relentless, causing emotional torture over and over and over until the other person breaks down.

Yet everyone here is out to judge this guy as sick or mental or whatever.

It might just be that the bullies are the ones with the actual problem, but yeah, lets keep treating symptoms and not the problem.

So your solution would be to wait until he actually hurts or attempts to hurt someone before you'd do anything?

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Could be because we have 17 dead teens from last week at the hands of a person who sent out signals like this that nobody did anything about.

Except tell him he can’t bring a backpack into the school.

Going back and giving Incognito an atomic wedgie over what he did do or did not do to Martin in no way gets Martin what he needs.
It's easy to point to one thing and immediately see cause and effect in parallel, so I understand the argument, but too often, society has this quest to 'make sure this never happens again', when all that does is restrict society by government more and more until you truly do live in a nanny state.

Technically, no crime. However, ask yourself an honest question. If he was referring to you or any loved ones, what would be going through your

I dont know, maybe post another picture back at him. Or get a restraining order and notify authorities. Still no crime yet.

Always 2 sides to every story. The fact Incognito still in the NFL, still an All-Pro, is telling.

P.S. Martin needs help. Hope he gets the help he needs. I would say in-patient lockdown with a need for intense therapy and (most likely) drug therapy for psychotic episodes.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't engage him directly. Notify law enforcement and restraining order, absolutely .

With what?
Therein lies the problem with bullying. It needs to be a crime with repercussions.

No one really even notices how they refer to the bullies, and the victim, yet most of the time, nothing is done to the aggressor, and the victim is re-victimized or left to sort it out somehow.

Under the current system, there is only one way to stop bullying, and the victim has to use violence to do it. I'm talking about grade school experience, but I've seen this hashed out the same way in high school. Male or female, it has to come down to the victim fighting back physically in order to stop it.

Therein lies the problem with bullying. It needs to be a crime with repercussions.

No one really even notices how they refer to the bullies, and the victim, yet most of the time, nothing is done to the aggressor, and the victim is re-victimized or left to sort it out somehow.

Under the current system, there is only one way to stop bullying, and the victim has to use violence to do it. I'm talking about grade school experience, but I've seen this hashed out the same way in high school. Male or female, it has to come down to the victim fighting back physically in order to stop it.

And then they are punished for fighting back. So they feel as if they have no options.

Reactions: NikkiSixx

Wait a minute. This is a guy who can defend himself, elite athlete, who graduated from Stanford.

The "bullying card" shouldn't be used here. This guy needs real psychological help.

Getting your ass kicked in elementary school is NO excuse for murdering people, or threatening to do so to yourself or others.

problem now is the immediate reaction is to get a weapon and kill....

BS the first time these kids are bullied, they don't run and get a weapon and kill. They cry about it and play victim for years, when they could simply confront the bully and deal with it. But as we soften as a nation the "wrong" thing to do is to punch the bully in the nose and tell hm to stop.

My middle daughter practices Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. When she was about 11, a boy kept bullying her and trying to intimidate her. When she had had enough, she pulled him to the ground, held him there, and said if you mess with me again I am going to kick your butt right here in front of everyone. That was the end of the bullying with that kid.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
For the amount of supposed “bullying” going on, there is honestly very little true bullying going on in schools anymore. Kids are so much more tolerant than when I was in high school 20-25 years ago, and trust me, there are twice as many weirdos trying to get attention as there was back then.

Obviously I’m not including “cyber-bullying” here. Kids that can be bullied online really aren’t worth society’s time IMO.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Yikes. Glad they got this nut before he did any real damage to himself or others. Hopefully he gets the help he needs for his mental illness. Don't know what is going on with all the mentall illness especially in young men nowadays but hopefully we find the cause and fix it soon.

Yikes. Glad they got this nut before he did any real damage to himself or others. Hopefully he gets the help he needs for his mental illness. Don't know what is going on with all the mentall illness especially in young men nowadays but hopefully we find the cause and fix it soon.

It’s not difficult. Think about what has changed the most in the lives of young people in the last 10-15 years.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Yeah, that's way over the top putting the name of a high school on there at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT