ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting JoJo Domann tidbits

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
1666411.jpg

I just spoke with Colorado Springs (Colo.) Pine Creek athlete and Husker commit JoJo Domann to get the latest on his status.

He was named the Gatorade player of year for the state of Colorado, as well as first-team all-conference and All-Colorado team on both offense and defense. The Denver Post also gave him an award for being the most versatile player in the state.

He suffered an injury toward the end of his season that he has already had surgery on, but he will no longer be playing in the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl.

"I had surgery this past Wednesday actually. I got labrum surgery and they put three anchors in it. It went really well and recovery is doing great so far. At the four week point I'll be able to start doing rehab, so I'm looking forward to that.

"So I am no longer playing in the Semper Fidelis game and they know that. They are still honoring me though, so I will be flying out for the whole week to spend it with the team and everything like that. I just won't be able to play."

Domann took an official visit to Colorado this weekend before the NCAA dead period sets in, and though it went well, he said that he is still firmly committed to Nebraska.

"I mean, they showed me everything they have to offer and they did a pretty nice job of trying not to single out Nebraska, so that was nice. They showed respect in that way, but I'm still 100% committed to Nebraska.

"I'm just about to call Coach (Trent) Bray, actually, and tell him that. I told him up front that it was just a backup plan and that's why I didn't go beyond anyone's back about it. I was being straightforward, so I'm going to call him to tell him the same thing I just told you. I'm still committed to Nebraska and I'm still planning on being there this fall."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News