ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Stanton

dochay

Junior
Nov 7, 2004
Will be our starting QB next year. Not a Stanton fan, didn't even know who he was until this year. :) Stopped following NU closely a few years ago, just couldn't take Pelini's act anymore. So I knew the starters from getting together with friends and watching the games. But the backups were a mystery.
My thoughts are from reading about the team and the QB situation that Stanton is the guy with the most talent for the QB position. It also seems that he must have not liked Pelini much since he was the first to greet our new head coach. That combined with his enthusiasm and extra work seem to point that he is excited for a "fresh" start.
From what I read about the spring game is he missed a lot of throws but made the correct decisions on where to throw the ball. High throws can be contributed to a lot of things- nerves, pressing too much, too many extra throws after practice...
He is just a Sophomore after all and has little development to this point. It has been said he has a good understanding of the new offense. He is the most gifted QB we have, (physically AJ Bush may get the nod) He is working hard and eventually the cream will rise to the top. Get him a few series of game action and we'll see the return of Johnny Ballgame.

Reactions: HUSKERinLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News