ADVERTISEMENT

John Butler- New DBs coach. DC in waiting?

Jesus Fuc&ing Christ can you stop patting yourself on the back for one fuc&king second?!
Never once mentioned that my views on this matter - as with all others - are extremely consistent

But thanks for the reminder!

I have. It's really nice in Buffalo they got a whole bunch of stuff there in that part of the state that is really great. You're also near Niagara falls. If you can stand lake effect snow it's probably the place for you.
You wouldn't get me to live there just due to the massive lake effect snow. But people all have different priorities.

Reactions: ssmill777
Let’s not get the cart before the horse
I think if and when Tony leaves, Dvorcek will be Rhule's DC. Although, so many of his coaches played for him and some have been with him for several years, he still went outside his own people to hire Tony, so that could bode very well for Butler whenever Tony leaves.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
I think if and when Tony leaves, Dvorcek will be Rhule's DC. Although, so many of his coaches played for him and some have been with him for several years, he still went outside his own people to hire Tony, so that could bode very well for Butler whenever Tony leaves.
Will always be the possibility that TW takes a few Husker assistants with him to a new gig. Ruhle having the rolladex full and up to date is a big deal.

Rhule has said that he wants a culture that promotes from within. I can see him using this as a selling point to get the best guy available in this situation. It doesn't mean it's etched in stone, it just means there could be an opportunity if the right situations present themselves.

Rhule has shown me that he operates like a professional, so I'm not too worried about it. Looks like could be a good hire.. we have to wait and see how it goes.

Time to get to work on the upcoming season. GBR

Reactions: huskerfan66
Will always be the possibility that TW takes a few Husker assistants with him to a new gig. Ruhle having the rolladex full and up to date is a big deal.
Maybe. When Tony leaves you have to remember zero of these coaches knew Tony before Rhule hired him. All knew and worked for Rhule. loyalty is important. But you are right Rhule had everything covered.

Maybe. When Tony leaves you have to remember zero of these coaches knew Tony before Rhule hired him. All knew and worked for Rhule. loyalty is important. But you are right Rhule had everything covered.
A position coach with the chance to be a coordinator for Tony is probably gonna take that job

I like this, good share

I also seem to recall a certain thread about Lamar Jackson mocking and ridiculing this approach endlessly

Its highly likely those same folks will be applauding self representation in this instance

Funny as always
I knew a guy whose mother in law was always critical of him. Had said he would never be successful bringing people into his business.

When he experienced immense success his mother in law pivoted and said that the reason he was successful is because he would take anyone.

Never able to give a compliment.

You remind me of the mother in law quite often.

You wouldn't get me to live there just due to the massive lake effect snow. But people all have different priorities.
Several times I’ve looked at national radar maps in the winter and the only place it’s snowing in the United States is in Buffalo.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I have. It's really nice in Buffalo they got a whole bunch of stuff there in that part of the state that is really great. You're also near Niagara falls. If you can stand lake effect snow it's probably the place for you.
Yeah, I don’t think I would be too crazy about lake effect snow.
I just thought it would be bigger and a lot more stuff going on. Walked down to that area that has, I think, a Naval Museum. I could see the potential to the area if it was warm, but was told it’s only hopping when it’s warm there, which apparently is only for a couple months.

Tony? D improved, but he pissed away a lot of games. 5-7? Now he is Buddy Ryan. Relax. No one outside of husker nation knows him or gives a rats ass about him. Give me 9 wins and we will talk.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Bottom line--I am not buying into the bullshit hype. His recruiting class this year has not been good. Yeah he is a smooth talker and what not, but prove the shit on the field. He was 5-7 and lost a lot of games due to poor coaching. His prior record suppots this. Let's see what he can do in year 2 with the easiest schedule in 20 years. I have heard this shit for just as long. It is time to prove it.

As much as I'd like to see a return to the Devaney/TO era of coach and player continuity in the program that's not today's reality and I don't see it returning to that in the foreseable future, if ever.

So good luck to us this year with this staff and these players. Butler is certainly a very interesting hire. I can't wait to see this season unfold.

Reactions: Laner2
As much as I'd like to see a return to the Devaney/TO era of coach and player continuity in the program that's not today's reality and I don't see it returning to that in the foreseable future, if ever.

So good luck to us this year with this staff and these players. Butler is certainly a very interesting hire. I can't wait to see this season unfold.
Turnover from last year is basically Cooper. The staffer that was placeholding the TE room after Wager DUI’d was replaced by Satt (plus move) followed by hiring Thomas (also plus move). The new DB coach has more experience than Coop and is likely also a plus move.

Bottom line--I am not buying into the bullshit hype. His recruiting class this year has not been good. Yeah he is a smooth talker and what not, but prove the shit on the field. He was 5-7 and lost a lot of games due to poor coaching. His prior record suppots this. Let's see what he can do in year 2 with the easiest schedule in 20 years. I have heard this shit for just as long. It is time to prove it.
How's the hangover Chucky?

I think the main thing that will be missed about Cooper is his ability to assess talent and in particular to identify underrated recruits.
Hopefully the trade off will be better coach and better talent.

We won't really know the complete answer for a while but we'll get a good indication once season starts

I think the main thing that will be missed about Cooper is his ability to assess talent and in particular to identify underrated recruits.
I'm also a little concerned about Miami recruiting. Simpson and Cooper were our main south Florida guys. Both gone.

Reactions: Laner2
The lost games were mostly because an inept cast of characters on offense kept turning the ball over, over and over and over. The defensive statistics last season were damned good. If you post that stuff you posted at least have some context if you want to be taken seriously.

Turnover from last year is basically Cooper. The staffer that was placeholding the TE room after Wager DUI’d was replaced by Satt (plus move) followed by hiring Thomas (also plus move). The new DB coach has more experience than Coop and is likely also a plus move.
Agree. I want to see his recruiting chops but his creds look good.

The lost games were mostly because an inept cast of characters on offense kept turning the ball over, over and over and over. The defensive statistics last season were damned good. If you post that stuff you posted at least have some context if you want to be taken seriously.
Defense didn't get off the field. They need to take the next step this year and either create more turnovers or get stops on 3rd down when needed. Not blaming the defense, but they aren't without some of the blame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT