ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Burrow

The Big Ten doesn't have a grad transfer rule. However, Ohio State could prevent him from transferring to certain schools. That would be hypocritical, as their basketball program took Andrew Dakich as a grad transfer from Michigan.

Reactions: scarletred
1- I thought the big ten did not allow graduate transfers to go to other in conference schools and play right away?

No because Rudock from Iowa was a grad transfer and he transferred to Michigan.
And this guy transferred to Michigan St.
qZ6Sd8b.gif

I’m a Buckeye fan and while I noticed that Burrow didn’t seem all that excited to be in the Spring Game, I don’t know him personally and don’t know what he normally looks like walking around. Barrett always looked kind of even keeled as well. I thought Burrow did a great job in the Spring Game and certainly would be a good QB for the Buckeyes, but Haskins has more upside and potentially two more years of eligibility, so in the end I think he gets the starting nod. Burrow kind of looked to me like a kid playing for an offer at another school (which is why he executed so well) with the knowledge that he’ll likely never actually play meaningful downs at OSU with these players (which is why he wasn’t all that excited).

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
He is looking really sharp in the bucknuts spring game..
Meyers would be a fool to let him transfer away.

As a Buckeye fan I would love to have the depth of both QBs on next year’s squad, it might be better for the team to avoid a QB controversy that could infect the team overall.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
is he any good? Not trying to be rude, I really do not know. Is he worth the possible early departure of one qb that we currently have? My understanding is he has two years left. If you bring in a grad transfer your telling everyone at nebraska he is our starter. If you bring him in than i believe Martinez or Gebbia will leave. Is Burrow that good?

is he any good? Not trying to be rude, I really do not know. Is he worth the possible early departure of one qb that we currently have? My understanding is he has two years left. If you bring in a grad transfer your telling everyone at nebraska he is our starter. If you bring him in than i believe Martinez or Gebbia will leave. Is Burrow that good?

I think that might be putting the horse way ahead of the cart there. I did an analysis on another thread and discovered that since 2000 we have had 30 QB commits and 20 of them either transferred or quit. Reguardless, of who our coach is, we are going to continue to recruit quarterbacks so we all might as well get used to guys leaving. Let's not forget, we only have two guys currently on scholarship and neither has taken a college snap yet. I can't remember NU being this thin or uncertain at QB ever. Competition is a good thing and it's going to continue to happen.

Reactions: jeans15
I think that might be putting the horse way ahead of the cart there. I did an analysis on another thread and discovered that since 2000 we have had 30 QB commits and 20 of them either transferred or quit. Reguardless, of who our coach is, we are going to continue to recruit quarterbacks so we all might as well get used to guys leaving. Let's not forget, we only have two guys currently on scholarship and neither has taken a college snap yet. I can't remember NU being this thin or uncertain at QB ever. Competition is a good thing and it's going to continue to happen.

Tommy Armstrong
Ron Kellogg
Ryker Fyfe

Reactions: OzzyLvr and HuskerO
Not sure what you're referencing here but if your referring to our qb depth in 2013 Taylor Martinez was going into his Sr. year. We also had Tyson Broekemiere and Johnny Stanton on roster as well.
Taylor Martinez: the king of bad body language.

Feel free to.discuss while I go clean the garage.

Reactions: jeans15
2013 wasn't too bad, but we were crazy thin in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Yep. In 2016 we only had TA (a RB playing QB) and Fyfe (a former walk-on) and at the end of the season, we had to decided between TA with a hamstring injury and Fyfe with a broken hand. Insane that a program like Nebraska would be in that situation.

He was a very good high school player. Burrow has good potential as a college QB. Before his injury last season he was the likely backup to Barrett. He’s looked good in practices and the limited play in garbage time two years ago. Not even the OSU coaches have any definitive data as to how good he will be as the starting QB, otherwise, there wouldn’t be any uncertainty whether to potentially transfer or stay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT