ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Burrow visiting LSU this weekend - Update: NC this week

my point exactly

I don't see one single 'i'm not paid $5M but if it were up to me at the time....' poster on here

revisionist history sure is something. good for Joe having a special year.

thanks for finding this.

Oh snap...

There was a time that the most knowledgeable people in football let the best quarterback of all-time fall to the 199th pick in the draft.

Reactions: tpmcg
You had a 50-50 shot at it.
I still have a shot at it. One is a 5th year senior and the other a true sophomore. One has been on two teams with more NFL talent in one class than our entire roster for the past 6 years. Joe who I think is a outstanding QB and player. Would be an afterthought here. No would would know his name outside Husker Nation.

Outside Washington (who may never play here again), Robinson and maybe JD, we have no offensive threat. Out OL can’t pass or run block. Our QB’s are lucky if they have 2 full seconds to get the ball out of their hands.

I get it, Joe is great. But we go through this every week. Last year and this year every week there was multiple threads about it. Bo was a idiot. Beck was an idiot. Riley was a moron. Frost is testing everyone’s patience. But no, I won’t back out of my statement. I still think Martinez could be better. But we won’t know until we have talent around him. Which may or may never come.

I still have a shot at it. One is a 5th year senior and the other a true sophomore. One has been on two teams with more NFL talent in one class than our entire roster for the past 6 years. Joe who I think is a outstanding QB and player. Would be an afterthought here. No would would know his name outside Husker Nation.

Outside Washington (who may never play here again), Robinson and maybe JD, we have no offensive threat. Out OL can’t pass or run block. Our QB’s are lucky if they have 2 full seconds to get the ball out of their hands.

I get it, Joe is great. But we go through this every week. Last year and this year every week there was multiple threads about it. Bo was a idiot. Beck was an idiot. Riley was a moron. Frost is testing everyone’s patience. But no, I won’t back out of my statement. I still think Martinez could be better. But we won’t know until we have talent around him. Which may or may never come.

Martinez has had plenty of clean pockets especially against Purdue. Our line needs improvement but to say Burrow has better protection is disingenuous given LSU has played 4 teams that were ranked in the Top 10 when they played. And against those 4 teams Burrow has been sacked 12 times. 4 vs Texas. 0 vs Florida. 3 against Auburn. 5 against Alabama. Burrow has faced heavy pressure this season but still throws accurate strikes to receivers or gets out of the pressure and finds the open man. Burrow wouldn't be as lights out here but we would have 7 or 8 wins right now with him starting for us.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Burrow may not be any better than Bunch. Haskins, TG and AMart are 5.9 4* guys and Burrow is a 5.6 3*. It’s possible that Burrow would win the job here, but probably not a 50/50 proposition. If he was a likely better option than TG/AMart, Frost would be working to land him.
Burrow doesn’t want to go somewhere to ride the pine. Getting into a 3-4 way battle against two bluechips with a Spring ahead on the playbook is not n the cards.
To repeat, "Burrow may not be any better than Bunch."

Reactions: Bruce1981
No idea how you dig up old threads like this and i'm better off not knowing. Prolly don't wanna be reminded of some of the brilliant things i've said.

Reactions: dinglefritz

You’ve obviously not watched LSU play this year, or seems burrows stats... joe burrow is having one of the best qb seasons in the last 5 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT